What's Your Preventative Regiment

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

I wanted to start this thread so everyone could post they're preventative regiment. It's always best to prevent rather than deal with an issue. I think this would be great information for newer growers like myself, but also maybe some fresh ideas for the seasoned veterans. Listing your product, strength and frequency would be awesome.

For me, I'm very basic at the moment. I don't allow or bring other people in or around my tent. I also spray all around the exterior of the tent and tent doors with insecticide premixed (once per week) / and bleach/water (1/4 cup/gal) before each use.

I treated clones from a dispensary with Azaguard (1ml/gal) before going into the tent. Moving forward, I don't plan on bringing in outside clones.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I'm on my 2nd grow so I haven't dealt with a lot of issues yet. I've been pretty fortunate. I just spray insecticide around the foundation of my house to keep the bugs away since I'm in the basement. And I never go straight to my tent from outside.

I was pretty fortunate last grow. No major issues. I had some soil in a tote in my basement tho, and when I opened it up there were thousands of fungus gnats. I took it outside after that. I seen a few gnats on the screens of my tent but never seen any inside the tent. Guess I got lucky...

Erick31876

Erick31876

I have been pretty lucky as well. I do put a layer of d.e. in my soil when i mix it up , and put some on the top of it, and foliar spray with neem oil as a preventative maintenance . And use sticky traps. Luckily so far i only found a few gnats. Hopefully i didn't just jinx myself.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I always wash and change my clothes before entering a grow room. No outside shoes in the house.

Visitors are few but also must wash and change.

Never bring in outside plants.

Our cat stays inside but is not allowed in grow room.

Wipe down all pots and tools, etc going in or out with iso alcohol.

Also use h2o2 as a disinfectant such as spraying a spill of nutes on the floor.

I have sticky cards but have never seen more than a few gnats in 5 years of perpetual growing in ocean forest or similar. And no serious marijuana pests.

I do get springtails in winter in organic type potting soil.

K

Kot

The sticky cards are great. My last grow I had infestation of gnats and when I introduced a few of those stickys there was tens and tens of gnats on them. In the end the roots looked awful.

Zimlanzaland

Zimlanzaland

I have been pretty lucky as well. I do put a layer of d.e. in my soil when i mix it up , and put some on the top of it, and foliar spray with neem oil as a preventative maintenance . And use sticky traps. Luckily so far i only found a few gnats. Hopefully i didn't just jinx myself.

I do the exact same as u and had no problems, only with caterpillars but I check my grow twice a day and spotted them before they got too big

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Don’t know if biobizz adds this to their mixes or eggs are from the compost or wormcastings i used but I can’t do anything now because i had population boom of hypoaspis miles and don’t want to harm them. Not even DE on the pots, only the doorways and windowsills

I think they are the only true barrier between me and a thrips infestation. I caught 5 adults thus far (since the start of this grow about 45 days, about 1 per week) but it doesn’t get worse and i don’t see any signs of thrip damage. No black spots, no white spots.

Well anyhow its really nice to know you have 24/7 protection around your plants. Downside is that the tent should operational with some kind of grow i think, to keep them there and happy, if you consider that a downside. I personally don’t.

Come on, how can you not like these guys..

View attachment 76D9BD35-703C-4BF1-8F29-4A56782CF5C4.MOV

Last edited:
Zimlanzaland

Zimlanzaland

Don’t know if biobizz adds this to their mixes or eggs are from the compost or wormcastings i used but I can’t do anything now because i had population boom of hypoaspis miles and don’t want to harm them. Not even DE on the pots, only the doorways and windowsills

I think they are the only true barrier between me and a thrips infestation. I caught 5 adults thus far (since the start of this grow about 45 days, about 1 per week) but it doesn’t get worse and i don’t see any signs of thrip damage. No black spots, no white spots.

Well anyhow its really nice to know you have 24/7 protection around your plants. Downside is that the tent should operational with some kind of grow i think, to keep them there and happy, if you consider that a downside. I personally don’t.

Come on, how can you not like these guys..

View attachment 851929
If you think about all those dodgy baggies you've bought off a stranger, God know what we've smoked... A lil bug hurt nobody, my first grow ever got hit by ants, can confirm that they didn't harm my lungs when I combusted them hahaha

Seraphine

Seraphine

I grow indoors so I like everything cleeeean. I use coco to keep soil pests away. A thin layer of diatomaceous earth as a top dressing. As I water it works itself deeper into the coco. I actually need to add another thin layer to the top. I bleach the floor at least one a week and anytime things get a little messy. No shoes! In the summer, I never enter the grow area after being outside. Change clothes first and wash hands. The only organic I use is the liquid fertilizer. I don’t trust non-liquid organic substances to be pest free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom