When Do I Untie Branches During Flower?

• Thread starter BamaBushes32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

my bottom branches are tired down so they can get light and be more spread out but I read that you were suppose to start let them loose during flower. So Is that before or after the stretc or do you keep them tied down? Any advice is very well appreciated!! I circled what I am talking about.

35F655AA A0D1 4988 81D4 3AB00323A71D
2C155695 076B 4A41 9157 B7E318C3C810
Phylex

Phylex

I usually take mine off when the branches stay where I trained them to be. I honestly don't think it matters just as long as it's not so tight, it's restricting the growth of the branch. I don't typically neck my tie downs with a rigid material. I usually use pipe cleaners and hook it. When the branch gains girth, the pipe cleaner won't restrict its growth. It will just expand with it.

I do use clothes pins at times. I'll remove like stated above.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

You should have tied Down those top two a couple of weeks before bloom to encourage the side branches to grow up more.what u want is a plant that has all the tops of the branches level or as level as u can get them.but you want to have achieved this before going into bloom.its a good way to do things if height is an issue.
I use green twisty wire to tie my branches down.dont tie it tight though as that will damage your plant

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

I usually take mine off when the branches stay where I trained them to be. I honestly don't think it matters just as long as it's not so tight, it's restricting the growth of the branch. I don't typically neck my tie downs with a rigid material. I usually use pipe cleaners and hook it. When the branch gains girth, the pipe cleaner won't restrict its growth. It will just expand with it.

I do use clothes pins at times. I'll remove like stated above.
That’s exactyl what I’m using pipe cleaners and zip ties. Pipe cleaners work the best I think. I don’t I just wanted them to grow closer to the light but not go back towards middle of canopy. Thanks for reply!

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

You should have tied Down those top two a couple of weeks before bloom to encourage the side branches to grow up more.what u want is a plant that has all the tops of the branches level or as level as u can get them.but you want to have achieved this before going into bloom.its a good way to do things if height is an issue.
I use green twisty wire to tie my branches down.dont tie it tight though as that will damage your plant
I knew everything was suppose to be on the same level that why I thought I was suppose to release bottom branches at a certain time. But I didn’t k ow how to tie down the new tops after I topped the plant.

Phylex

Phylex

I knew everything was suppose to be on the same level that why I thought I was suppose to release bottom branches at a certain time. But I didn’t k ow how to tie down the new tops after I topped the plant.
I'm always tying down and readjusting as it grows. Usually on every watering day. I pull down anything tall to an even level. I leave anything small be, (for the time being) so it can catch up. Anything that remains too small after awhile and doesn't look to be catching up gets removed. If I took to long to get to something and I can't LST it, I supercrop it to height.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

It doesn't matter too much.just keep the side branches tied down as it let's light into more of the branch.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I'm always tying down and readjusting as it grows. Usually on every watering day. I pull down anything tall to an even level. I leave anything small be, (for the time being) so it can catch up. Anything that remains too small after awhile and doesn't look to be catching up gets removed. If I took to long to get to something and I can't LST it, I supercrop it to height.
There's a blooming hormone in the plant that kinda builds up more in the highest branches or if it's untopped the main cola.the more the branch stays at the top the more the blooming hormone builds up in that branch the more effort/energy =bud it puts on that branch to the detriment of the lower branches.what you want to do,even if the branches are thicker or thinner , is have all the tops at the same height to distribute that hormone throughout the plant by keeping the tops at an even height so all tops get a more even amount of the plants energy.
I dunno if I,v explained that clearly but that's the way I do it.

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

There's a blooming hormone in the plant that kinda builds up more in the highest branches or if it's untopped the main cola.the more the branch stays at the top the more the blooming hormone builds up in that branch the more effort/energy =bud it puts on that branch to the detriment of the lower branches.what you want to do,even if the branches are thicker or thinner , is have all the tops at the same height to distribute that hormone throughout the plant by keeping the tops at an even height so all tops get a more even amount of the plants energy.
That’s makes perfect sense! Next time I will work on keeping it all even. Can I tie down any tops now or is it too late?

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

Leave them tied..i leave mine till end.long as they dont cut into stem they will b fine..

I agree with MrBee . .growing an even canopy will produce flowers of equal in size....they should b right though.they look good..
Thanks! She has been the monster out of the two plants in growing and her roots are insane. Thanks for the advice!!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I would pull the two tops apart a tad but other than that I would leave it as it is.all the tieing should be done at least a week preferably two before flip.how many weeks into bloom is it?the first two?3? I personally would just leave it and rotate it a wee bit each day to give all tops a even amount of light.

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

I would pull the two tops apart a tad but other than that I would leave it as it is.all the tieing should be done at least a week preferably two before flip.how many weeks into bloom is it?the first two?3? I personally would just leave it and rotate it a wee bit each day to give all tops a even amount of light.
Monday morning which is tommrow starts week 3 of flower. Should I side light or add any extra light. I don’t care if it makes my power bill go up so that is not a concern. I have a Mars 300 that isn’t being used for anything right now and it brand new. When I turn it on you see many red light. So I was thinking if I add that to my tent it would help in flower and I can even angle it to get the sides that aren’t getting light. Is this a good idea or am I reaching to far??

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Its called Apical dominance i believe. Bend or cut the top and the other branches will try to grow up to take its place.

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

I wouldnt cut the top but i would bend it down and tie it. I do try to do it by week 2 usually. Best while plant is stretching.

Something like this
View attachment 860763 View attachment 860764 View attachment 860765
Looks awesome. Yeah I’m a total newbie i haven’t made it to bending the whole stock of the plant. It makes perfect sense though! Them buds in the background on that one plant look thick. Nice job!! I actually have 5 tops and this morning they are all the same height! So should I still bend them down or just let them be now.

Phylex

Phylex

If the canopy is even now I wouldn’t worry about “bending” them. But pulling them out from center a bit with a little LST will open up your canopy a bit more and allow more light penetration through the top. This will help some with the mids. I’ll usually clean up the bottom stuff that doesn’t look like it’s developing much. I’d rather that energy be focused on the tops.

Top Bottom