When Do I Untie Branches During Flower?

• Thread starter BamaBushes32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

If the canopy is even now I wouldn’t worry about “bending” them. But pulling them out from center a bit with a little LST will open up your canopy a bit more and allow more light penetration through the top. This will help some with the mids. I’ll usually clean up the bottom stuff that doesn’t look like it’s developing much. I’d rather that energy be focused on the tops.
Yeah I have trimmed the bottom 3 or 4 inches but most of the plant is getting light on all bud sites!! And yes I will spread the tops out some but what’s the best way to do it??

Phylex

Phylex

Yeah I have trimmed the bottom 3 or 4 inches but most of the plant is getting light on all bud sites!! And yes I will spread the tops out some but what’s the best way to do it??
Just from gathering what little info I can about your set up, if it were me, I'd use a tomato cage. I'd cut the cage to size. Most likely cutting the tomato cage at the top of the bottom ring. I'd then use pipe cleaners from the top ring to spread it out a bit.

Phylex

Phylex

When they're much younger, I drill holes all around my pots brim. I put zip ties through all of the holes to make anchor points and attach my pipe cleaners to those. I personally SCROG and wasn't going to do it this run because I wanted to try out the tomato cages. But my plants have been vegging for four weeks longer than I expected. So I'm going to just SCROG them now. It won't be the most filled in SCROG net because I wasn't planning on that method this time around, but I gotta get these boys and/or girls flowering.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks awesome. Yeah I’m a total newbie i haven’t made it to bending the whole stock of the plant. It makes perfect sense though! Them buds in the background on that one plant look thick. Nice job!! I actually have 5 tops and this morning they are all the same height! So should I still bend them down or just let them be now.

The plants are still flexible. I do brace the main stem with soft tie wire pulling the opposite way of the bent stem so the roots dont pull out of the soil.

And this is instead of topping. Eliminates apical dominance but doesnt remove any plant matter and i still get the main bud along with the others.

You already topped right?

I would just supercrop those branches if they get too tall and to keep them even. (Pinch stem and fold over)

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Looks awesome. Yeah I’m a total newbie i haven’t made it to bending the whole stock of the plant. It makes perfect sense though! Them buds in the background on that one plant look thick. Nice job!! I actually have 5 tops and this morning they are all the same height! So should I still bend them down or just let them be now.
If they'r even let em go.if one or more starts to get taller tie it back to the same level.

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

When they're much younger, I drill holes all around my pots brim. I put zip ties through all of the holes to make anchor points and attach my pipe cleaners to those. I personally SCROG and wasn't going to do it this run because I wanted to try out the tomato cages. But my plants have been vegging for four weeks longer than I expected. So I'm going to just SCROG them now. It won't be the most filled in SCROG net because I wasn't planning on that method this time around, but I gotta get these boys and/or girls flowering.
Yeah I got a zip tie and put it all the way around the rim of bu let and use that for anchor and use pipe cleaners to tie down

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

The plants are still flexible. I do brace the main stem with soft tie wire pulling the opposite way of the bent stem so the roots dont pull out of the soil.

And this is instead of topping. Eliminates apical dominance but doesnt remove any plant matter and i still get the main bud along with the others.

You already topped right?

I would just supercrop those branches if they get too tall and to keep them even. (Pinch stem and fold over)
And Yes I already topped.

Madmax

Madmax

Bend in stages than trying all at one time.the following day you will notice it will bend down more...like what has been mentioned once they get over 2-3 weeks they are harder to bend and sometimes the only way is to supercrop it as they go woody..see how you go with bending..I do what MiMedGrower does in put a string or wire bit over halfway up the stem to support it when you bend top over..it helps roots greatly and how you want to bend it..

Latest posts

Top Bottom