When Should I Start Adding Sensigrow Nutes To My Clones ?

• Thread starter PocketGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PocketGrower

Hey guys ,

Can't seem to find when I should start adding my sensigrow nutes into my feeding schedule for my plants...

Also should I use something else to get things started ??

Will I be ok using just sensigrow a+b during veg in foxfarm cocoloco? Or will I need to be adding "calmag"?

Thanks for any answers ahead of time

S

Sherlock

If you are in Coco and they are clones not seedlings you should be feeding at least a light mix right away. Never put just water into your coco pots. As for calmag that just depends on the nute line you have and if it lacks cal or mag. Cal charging and all that bs can be avoided by just properly dosing nutes, feeding often enough to not let coco dry out, and getting just a tad runoff while feeding.

Sherlock

P

PocketGrower

If you are in Coco and they are clones not seedlings you should be feeding at least a light mix right away. Never put just water into your coco pots. As for calmag that just depends on the nute line you have and if it lacks cal or mag. Cal charging and all that bs can be avoided by just properly dosing nutes, feeding often enough to not let coco dry out, and getting just a tad runoff while feeding.

Sherlock
Thanks for the input

P

PocketGrower

??? Why's that

I do nutes/plain water every other.
I think he's saying don't put just water without nutes. My question was whether I need to be just watering or feeding

MW7945

MW7945

I think he's saying don't put just water without nutes. My question was whether I need to be just watering or feeding

I know what he's saying... but I don't understand the logic behind it

As far as CalMag, you'll almost always want to run it when you're using coco.

S

Sherlock

You do not want to add just pure water to coco as is it exacerbates the cation exchange capacity (CEC) that coco already has issues with. Anytime you add moisture to the coco you should also be adding some form of nutrients, regardless what strength. And as far as CalMag, yes you want to run it (if your nute program needs it), but if done correctly you should never have to add the extra CalMag, or charge the coco, or whatever the hell people are doing. Coco does not require extra CalMag if the CEC is in check, and most of the time this just means don't let the coco dry out at all. The old method of feed water feed is being recognized as problematic and being replaced with feed feed feed. If for instance you had to "flush" coco, you would just make up a new nute batch you know is 100% correct and then pour that into the coco at about three times the volume of a normal feed. This way all old nutes are washed out and replaced by new fresh batch. Hope that helps.

Sherlock

MW7945

MW7945

If for instance you had to "flush" coco, you would just make up a new nute batch you know is 100% correct and then pour that into the coco at about three times the volume of a normal feed. This way all old nutes are washed out and replaced by new fresh batch. Hope that helps.

Sherlock

Tbh, sounds like a good way to fry the shit out of them :/

S

Sherlock

Tbh, sounds like a good way to fry the shit out of them :/
Your opinion is your own, but the OP was looking for good advice so that's what I gave. Fry the shit out of them?? That is soil thinking. Coco is a hydroponic medium, it will take as many feedings as your plants root zone can handle, just like DWC, just like hydroton trays, just like rockwool cubes, etc. The only way you will fry them is by feeding too high of strength on a particular nutrient, or as I stated before, let your CEC get out of whack. Feeding pure water, allowing the coco to then lock out nutrients, then swinging the balance of the nutrients, (i.e. Cal and Potassium) or letting the medium dry out before next feed are surely ways to burn your plants, not proper feeding. If you really want to let coco shine and stop fighting its inherent problems, grow in very small air pots, grow very large plants, feed multiple times per day, and see the footballs form. Good luck.

Sherlock

Enforcer

Enforcer

Your opinion is your own, but the OP was looking for good advice so that's what I gave. Fry the shit out of them?? That is soil thinking. Coco is a hydroponic medium, it will take as many feedings as your plants root zone can handle, just like DWC, just like hydroton trays, just like rockwool cubes, etc. The only way you will fry them is by feeding too high of strength on a particular nutrient, or as I stated before, let your CEC get out of whack. Feeding pure water, allowing the coco to then lock out nutrients, then swinging the balance of the nutrients, (i.e. Cal and Potassium) or letting the medium dry out before next feed are surely ways to burn your plants, not proper feeding. If you really want to let coco shine and stop fighting its inherent problems, grow in very small air pots, grow very large plants, feed multiple times per day, and see the footballs form. Good luck.

Sherlock
You are absolutely right, IF he was in coco. He said he was in FoxFarms CocoLoco. That stuff is a blended soil-less mix with its own nutritional value. DO NOT water it like you would water raw coco. You will fry your plants. Trust me, I just did I it. Water and feed that CocoLoco stuff like soil, just with better drainage.

S

Sherlock

You are absolutely right, IF he was in coco. He said he was in FoxFarms CocoLoco. That stuff is a blended soil-less mix with its own nutritional value. DO NOT water it like you would water raw coco. You will fry your plants. Trust me, I just did I it. Water and feed that CocoLoco stuff like soil, just with better drainage.
You sir (or maam), are the one that is absolutely right! I read coco and began from there, good heads up on the LOCO! Can admit when i'm wrong, good luck to the OP with your coco soil stuff, my rec is to just switch all the way to pure coco!!
Sherlock

Top Bottom