When To Drop Silica?

• Thread starter JMcG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

I have been adding silica to my last couple of runs and really like the way it helps the grow.
My question is how long should it be run into flower? I have been cutting it out around the fourth week, does this sound right?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I have been adding silica to my last couple of runs and really like the way it helps the grow.
My question is how long should it be run into flower? I have been cutting it out around the fourth week, does this sound right?

For an 8 week strain you can cut at week 6 cutting at week 4 is a lil early but to each his own

fatawa

fatawa

I quit at 3or4 n lst to weak 7.more personal preference.u want them to stiffin up and support weight.or u can run n2 staking etc..

ChiefnJoeBlo

ChiefnJoeBlo

I run it all the way till final flush helps support the weight

JMcG

JMcG

I do like the way it strengthens the plant, that has been a game changer for me.
I just wonder if there is any health issues with running it clear to the end of the bud cycle.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I do like the way it strengthens the plant, that has been a game changer for me.
I just wonder if there is any health issues with running it clear to the end of the bud cycle.

My understanding is silica is usually a non organic nutrient so running to the end might have negative effects on the taste whenever using synthetic nutes you def want to cut early enough to do a good flush

Nugteq

Nugteq

I give veg nutes and silica all the way till nearly week 3. Afterwards I drop it but I hear its ok to go all the way with it, guess it comes down to how you are supporting your plants and how well theyve been "trained" in veg

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

No I don't, its a big debate but I never notice a difference either way. Sometimes I'll flush if I want some purple bud but I don't care about that too much anymore. I find whole plant hang drying cold and slow at 60% humidity and 60 degrees is far more important to a good smooth, nice tasting smoke.

Huh interesting. Do u use organic nutrients ? Yes absolutely humidity def makes a diff in the smoke

Top Bottom