When To Harvest High Cbd, Low Thc Strains?

• Thread starter MissBotany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MissBotany

MissBotany

Does anyone have experience harvesting high CBD, very low THC strains? Since the glandular trichomes are basically non-existent, I am having a very difficult time viewing the small basal trichomes through a jewelers loupe. Should I harvest based on pistil color coupled with the recommended flower time?

Here's what I have about Dinamed CBD:

BREEDER Dinafem Seeds
GENETICS Pure CBD 4 x Pure CBD 4
VARIETY Indica / Sativa
FLOWERING TYPE Photoperiod
SEX Feminised
THC CONTENT 0.5%
CBD CONTENT 10-14%
YIELD Indoors: 500 g/m2; Outdoors: up to 1000 g/plant
PLANT HEIGHT up to 300 cm
GROWS Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 60 days
HARVEST MONTH Mid-/Late September
MEDICAL CONDITIONS Epilepsy, Inflammation, Muscle Spasm, Nausea, Stress
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES Stress, nausea, inflammation, muscle tension, convulsions, some types of epilepsy.
TASTE / FLAVOUR Fruity, Orange, Sweet
EFFECT Calming, Relaxing, Soothing
AWARDS 1st prize in the category "Flor" at the CBD-Rich Cup 2016, held in Cadiz.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

O

Organicking

Pistil color/ production is usually a good indicator for me. I like to wait until pistil production has slowed and pistils turn a light red/ orange. Definitely better to harvest a little on the early side to avoid higher concentrations of thc. Maybe once flower comes around harvest at different times, smoke test/lab test. And then you will know forsure when is best to harvest.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im kinda in same boat as you,first time out with the cbd strain im growing,asked bocoo of folk there opinions,nothing consetant from any,so im short in the run and have decided to just go by hemp farming and cultavation practices,time to find the old farm hands of the early days for guidance,ive grown the flower since 74 but never hemp,so it a challenge indeed,most the old timers dead and as you know we never documented shit back then hahah,,but there is a idea you could goggle to find answers,only good change from old to new days is the internet,and that it,lol

MissBotany

MissBotany

im kinda in same boat as you,first time out with the cbd strain im growing,asked bocoo of folk there opinions,nothing consetant from any,so im short in the run and have decided to just go by hemp farming and cultavation practices,time to find the old farm hands of the early days for guidance,ive grown the flower since 74 but never hemp,so it a challenge indeed,most the old timers dead and as you know we never documented shit back then hahah,,but there is a idea you could goggle to find answers,only good change from old to new days is the internet,and that it,lol

I tried the internet, most I got was how to harvest high cbd with thc Strains and that is during late flowering stage when the trichomes are 25-50% amber. My issue is, I can’t check the trichomes because this particular strain has virtually no glandular (THC) trichomes because there is minuscule amounts of THC. All I’m left with are the very small, difficult to view, basal trichomes that store CBD. I’ll double check the Dinamed website too. I think I will have to experiment... harvest at different times during peak flower.

Last edited:
B

brimck325

the guy i got the perkins cut from told me to take her around 7 weeks….he had it tested at different stages of flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom