When To Put Plant For Outdoor In Michigan?

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gonna put 1 plant od this yr. I plan on keeping her small. Under 3' after stretch I'm hoping. I'm guessing a clone, supported to a 3g pot should be ok. I'll do all the vegging indoors, then bring out the plant to flower. Or may bring out a clone, freshly potted in a 3g, brought out mid summer (hope to hit 30days before natural 12/12 time).

I will NOT be bringing any of my.elite strains or a stinky one for that matter. May just give a Bruce banner or my god bud a shot.

Any ideas on when to transition from veg indoors, to a few weeks before nature's 12/12

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Spoke to my local od buddy.

He says about Aug 15th +/- is about the turn to flower timeframes. I'm guessing put out Aug 1st, and ride her out.

God bud it is. Was told is less stinky out of my group.

DGP

DGP

I would do 2nd week in July. Why? Because she will take a couple of weeks to initiate flower and you want to be done before too late in October. I am at a similar latitude and we see flower phase starting well before 12/12 actually comes. If the plants really waited literally until the Fall equinox (~September 20) you wouldn't finish until November 20 or later if Sativa.

We put out the last week of May or June 1 here in general but I am not limiting my plant size (understand the low key thing). Mine are already out in a greenhouse with supplemental lighting to stretch out the day to 18 hours.

This year we decided to build an enclosure out of 4" posts and cyclone mesh with a door and lock to secure it as best we can. We are legal here to grow outside but have to protect them from opportunistic humans.

Dee

NHWhites

NHWhites

I agree with mid-July because it can be strain dependent. OD flower usually starts around August 1st, give or take a week. You’ll also need to harden the plant off. LST and top the bitch to keep her short

Madbud

Madbud

I agree with mid-July because it can be strain dependent. OD flower usually starts around August 1st, give or take a week. You’ll also need to harden the plant off. LST and top the bitch to keep her short
Or sooner, days grow shorter after summer solstice in late June.

DGP

DGP

August in Michigan should be hot and humid. Maybe harden of by getting her used to the heat??

Dee

sixstring

sixstring

June 20th days start getting shorter a few days later.gives the plants a few days of transition.did it this way for over 20 years before we got med here.pull plants after second hard frost.mine were never left in pots though , ya might be able to wait a few weeks longer

MW7945

MW7945

June 20th days start getting shorter a few days later.gives the plants a few days of transition.did it this way for over 20 years before we got med here.pull plants after second hard frost.mine were never left in pots though , ya might be able to wait a few weeks longer

So I might have time to get stuff going indoors soon afterall... just waiting on my shit to dry in my tent :/

trickle

trickle

Interesting approach.
Unless you know Exactly how your cuts perform there is no way to say. Also consider the location you're putting them in, how much light how proper will their soil be etc etc... In small containers like that you risk defoliation before maturity (drought stress). Some strains need mondo root space others will flower quicker from root binding.

... Honestly just rock a modern autoflower fem-seed in a 5 gallon bucket and you should be able to pul 2-4 zips no problem, ESPECIALLY if vegging inside first. Then you can put that bitch out whenever you feel like it. That's your easiest option and almost guaranteed to stay under 3' .

If you hate autoflowers, I would get your selected cut (god bud would work better than bruce in this case) - Veg her on 24/0 until July 4th , and then transplant into the final hole/bucket that has all the Flower Ferts Pre Mixed In The Soil so they instantly feel the change. Everyone bitches about 24/0 but this is exactly the right scenario for it.
Now, I firmly believe your seedling plants must be a photoperiod sensitive strain OR you must use a Mature cutting from a 'regular' strain --- I wouldn't do this with seedlings of 'regular' strains! Alternating nodes are a must if you don't have the early flowering genetics to help...

That's my .02$ @DemonTrich good luck!

B

Bigsby1978

Gonna put 1 plant od this yr. I plan on keeping her small. Under 3' after stretch I'm hoping. I'm guessing a clone, supported to a 3g pot should be ok. I'll do all the vegging indoors, then bring out the plant to flower. Or may bring out a clone, freshly potted in a 3g, brought out mid summer (hope to hit 30days before natural 12/12 time).

I will NOT be bringing any of my.elite strains or a stinky one for that matter. May just give a Bruce banner or my god bud a shot.

Any ideas on when to transition from veg indoors, to a few weeks before nature's 12/12
I’m in Michigan put mine out june 21st due to weather this years setup and last year pulled around 5 pounds off 6 plants

F954DB5F 5BA9 4577 89A9 B55B6C93BA9B
14907524 EF6F 437D B7FB 85AB82635CB5
90FC8481 5CD8 4CD6 8EA8 A98CA38E4654
F8A32AD5 1A91 4DA9 BF14 4F45F23E78B3
Top Bottom