When To Start Cutting Back On Nutes

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

This is my first grow and I've done a lot of reading about when to harvest. The question I have that I have not read about is when do you stop feeding or when do I start the flush?

I have an RDWC system and I was planning on flushing about a week before harvest. Then I read that in a hydro system, you don't really need to flush, just stop feeding and keep topping off the res with pH balanced water.

so, the plants tell you when they are done using numerous indicators cloudy/amber trichomes, hairs turning orange/brown, less water absorption, PPM not going down... but when these things start happening, is it too late to start a flush or stopping the nutes?

I've read that you should flush two weeks before harvest but how do you know you are two weeks before harvest if the indicators are not showing it's harvest time... see what I'm getting at?

I was also thinking of using florakleen (basically sugar water) a couple of days prior to harvest.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
This is my first grow and I've done a lot of reading about when to harvest. The question I have that I have not read about is when do you stop feeding or when do I start the flush?

I have an RDWC system and I was planning on flushing about a week before harvest. Then I read that in a hydro system, you don't really need to flush, just stop feeding and keep topping off the res with pH balanced water.

so, the plants tell you when they are done using numerous indicators cloudy/amber trichomes, hairs turning orange/brown, less water absorption, PPM not going down... but when these things start happening, is it too late to start a flush or stopping the nutes?

I've read that you should flush two weeks before harvest but how do you know you are two weeks before harvest if the indicators are not showing it's harvest time... see what I'm getting at?

I was also thinking of using florakleen (basically sugar water) a couple of days prior to harvest.
That 2 week thing is for soil. . And its not even flushing.. its just leaching out excess nutes.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

That 2 week thing is for soil. . And its not even flushing.. its just leaching out excess nutes.

yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I'm still a few weeks away but I just wanted to make sure. I think I'm just going to stick with my plans of when I start seeing brown/orange hairs, I'll start paying closer attention to the trichomes and stop feeding the PK. When they start turning amber it's time to finish using a florakleen flush and just water for a couple of days.

Top Bottom