When To Start Feeding Autos In Coco

• Thread starter aash2009aash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aash2009aash

Hello I am new here..
I am new to growing and I am using 70/30 Coco/Perlite Mix.
The strain I am using is Northern Lights Auto
I am using 600watts HPS bulb hanging vertically roughly 1.5 feet away from my seedlings.
I have got 4 plants.
3 are 2 weeks old and 1 is 3 days old.

Question : I need to know when should I start feeding my plants..?

I put my plants outside so they started stretching towards the sun so I put them back inside under the HPS bulb and put some more coco in the pots to bury the stretched stem.
So the new coco is dry and I had watered the pot before putting the new dry soil.
Will I dry my plants If I water them now to wet the top layer of COCO ?
I will need your help throughout the grow guys. I will post photos tomorrow.
Also I have got seperate CAL MAG ,

Question 2 : should I mix CAL MAG Supplements (solid form different bottles ) with Advanced nutrients micro grow bloom ?

Question 3 : Can I spray neem oil on 2 week old seedlings to control pests and insects ?

Also please give me some tips and tricks for good growth.
Thanks!!!!

A

aash2009aash

I got one more questions guys...
When I hydrated my coco I used the water that is around 8 PH ( I know its bad I didn't realize first )
Now I am water with proper ph ..
Is it going to be okay ?>

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

Does your coir come pre washed and / or pre buffered? If not your potentially in a world of hurt. Coir has tons of sodium if it’s not pre washed. Buffering with ca or mg helps keep

Throw up some pics.

I would be watering with nutes low ec every irrigation on those seedlings. With that light and that mix you probably be watering every day, once a little bigger a few times a day.

Watch your drain ec. In week 5-6 you should be putting enough water to get 10% drain. Week7/8 through whatever you should be targeting 15-20% drain every day in that mix you are running. I would target that drain % 4 hours before lights off.

If you don’t flush everyday your substrate ec will climb much faster and stress the roots.

A

aash2009aash

Thanks for answering friend.
No It came in a brick, I rehydrated it. I am not sure if it was pre wasted.
Next time I will buffer it.

Yes I will start feeding now.
I never drain . I will start watering till drain when the plants are little big. Can I move the plants outside to water them till drain ? or that will stress the plants ? Like moving pots outside, I can't feed till drain in my house.
Also Can I move plants outside in the sun when they are grown up ?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

i think you better learn to use the search button above... Moving plants in and out of the house risks bringing pests into the grow area.. Some pests will seem like biological warfare uas been used against you...

Feed every time in coco... 1.0 ec for first 6 weeks.. .4 ec of calimag mixed first...
That means you take RO water with a 0 ppm(.5 scale) and add 200 ppm of calimag. Then add base till you are at 500 ppm...
When u flip to flower, up the base to u hit 750 ppm.
Week 5 flower reduce to 50 ppm of calimag and 650 of base.
Week 6, reduce to 600 base and 0 calmag
Week 7, 500 base
Week 8 250 base
Week 9 and 10 straight RO water...
And yes u can use bloom with calimag..
Mix calimag in first...then mix base in..
Ph to 5.9 every time!!!!
Make up 10 gal at a time. Then dip a solo cup out every day and feed at lights on..
Save up 100 bucks and build a dtw automated system...
But do som of your own leg work.. Go read avout coco and then come back and ask for clarifications to make sure you are picking it up....

A

aash2009aash

Hello Sir, Thanks Budmanx.
I Cannot make 10 gal because I don't have a big enough container.
I fed my plants 1/4 dose today and then watered with 5.8 ph water.
Some of my seedlings were drooping. for 2 weeks I didn't feed almost nothing and watered 3-4 times only.
I will post pictures after some hours.
I don't have CAlimag but I have seperate bottoms of cal and mag which are in solid form.
What is " BASE " ? I have got Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice grow micro bloom and big buds.
Thanks for you help.I have red for months , I have lot of information but I think too much :(

A

aash2009aash

Okay Bud-Y ,
yesterday I watered my plants properly and today my plants are looking extremely happy.
The plants were drooping because I under-watered them. I was so afraid of overwatering but then I learnt that its hard to over water in coco,perlite and coco chips mix. I will water every 2 days now and feed on alternate days.
But one of the seedling is growing very very slow, 2 weeks and only 2 sets of leaves have comes.. But it is growing very slowly.
I am super excited. Where I live we only have 2-3% thc junk street weed with hundreds of seeds in it.
I've never ever smoked a good strain in my life. That's why I cannot wait :D I hope you understand how excited I am.. I can only imagine how good these good genetics weed feel and taste :P We have to smoke 5 joints to get high here..

A

aash2009aash

I have started reading about it< i will do DWC next time for sure! Thanks dear
Also are you sure friend that I should feed daily in coco ? I am feeding 1/4th of nutes around 170 - 200 ppm
Should I start giving plants more they are 17 days old but kinda small!

A

aash2009aash

Hello Friends and Bud-Y ,
I fed my plants with 250ppm magnesium and advanced nutrients jungle juice grow micro bloom 1ml each in 4.7 liters of water
but I think my plants have nutrients burn.. Here are the pictures

I also increased the distance of the light form the plants as it was too close I felt and temp raised to 28 degree celsius so I had to increase the distance
Please tell me if I got nutrient burn or what and is it serious ? what can I do to fix it ?
I am worried :( extremely.. I need your help oh wise friends

28275594 1391023447669439 447623215 o
28275767 1391023594336091 1084587757 o
28309290 1391023234336127 911952263 o
28312362 1391023267669457 992130172 o
Enforcer

Enforcer

IMO, you are seeing nutrient lockout issues beginning because you didn’t rinse the coco after you rehydrated it. So the medium ppm is probably around 1500 to start with. Then you have not been watering daily, so the coco drys out, increasing the ppm further due to dried salts.

To fix, flush the medium with plain water. RO filtered water is preferable, but tap water left out 24 hours will work too. Use a lot of water, just not all at once. Gently flush the coco with 3 times the containers volume of water. Normally you probably wouldn’t need to use this much water to correct an issue, but with not rinsing first it may be necessary. Then follow @EventHorizan recommendation to the letter. Yes, feed/water low ppm every day. When growing in coco think hydro not soil. You don’t water coco and then wait for it to dry. Coco needs to stay moist all the time.

A

aash2009aash

Okay sir thanks. My plants are doing fine now, I sprayed them with neem oil cuz lot of insects.
also gave them 5.9 ph water today and they seem happy and no more nutrient burn. I gave plain water till 5% runoff.. I cannot flush with that much water.. Can I do without flushing but feeding only plain ph water or very low PPM like 150 ppm nutrient water till 10% run off ?
I think its nutrient burn ? because it happened some hours after I fed my plants with little higher nutrient solution than first time.. ?
Now I am watering daily since 3 days..
so i was wondering, Should I water tomorrow with plain ph water or 150 ppm nutrient solution ?because the plants have no more nutrient burn and I gave them plain ph water till runoff so I think that washed out the nutrients from coco ?
Should I water with 150 ppm nutrient water tomorrow or plain 5.5-6.0 ph water ?
Thanks!!!

A

aash2009aash

I don't think its nutrient lockout because I have also got 5 days old seedling, i Fed the same water to that feedling and some hours later it too showed up burnt leaves.. It shouldn't be nutrient lockout because 5 days old seedlings don't need extra nutrients ?
Also I didn't let the coco dry completely, It was moist but I just didn't water daily because seedlings were very small at that time..

Enforcer

Enforcer

I don't think its nutrient lockout because I have also got 5 days old seedling, i Fed the same water to that feedling and some hours later it too showed up burnt leaves.. It shouldn't be nutrient lockout because 5 days old seedlings don't need extra nutrients ?
Also I didn't let the coco dry completely, It was moist but I just didn't water daily because seedlings were very small at that time..

You’re right, a 5 day old seedling don’t need extra nutrients. I’ll bet the ppm in that coco is very high. Can you test the runoff ppm?

A

aash2009aash

Yes I will test it tomorrow.
I fed the seedlings with not more than 250 ppm so i think the problem should be already in the coco before I planted like you said, I should've washed it with ph'd water and 1/4 cal mag.. I will keep that in mind next time..
can I fix this without flushing ? I am really really scared to flush also I will need to waste a lot of water and I live in desert place so we are possessive about water but I will do it if its definitely extremely necessary..
The runoff had very different brownish color though, does this give some kind of hint ?

A

aash2009aash

I also got 2 more things to ask sir,
1:I added extra magnesium into the nutrient mix after mixing it all and little micro too to increase ppm...
could the extra magnesium or micro base have caused this problem ? though the overall PPM of my feed was 250+

2 : Should I water the plants again with 5.5 ph water like today or I should water them with 160ppm nutrient mix ?

Thanks for your time, I greatly appreciate it, I am learning a lot seriously.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I also got 2 more things to ask sir,
1:I added extra magnesium into the nutrient mix after mixing it all and little micro too to increase ppm...
could the extra magnesium or micro base have caused this problem ? though the overall PPM of my feed was 250+

2 : Should I water the plants again with 5.5 ph water like today or I should water them with 160ppm nutrient mix ?

Thanks for your time, I greatly appreciate it, I am learning a lot seriously.

Your feed ppm is fine. You may even need to bump it up a little. I think the main concern is the coco. If the runoff is brown, your ppm will be high.

Yes, if you haven’t yet, water today with plain water. You can’t really over water coco, and it doesn’t sound like you’d be into that anyway. More likely the opposite, and you’d under water. Coco is a hydro medium. It needs to be watered daily, up to several times per day with a plant in flower.

Top Bottom