When To Water?

• Thread starter Zakattack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zakattack

Zakattack

Hey guys. I've got my grow setup in full swing. I just wanted to know what would be the best time to water my girls? Do I want to water as the lights come on for their 18hours or do I want to water them as they're about to go out in their 6hours of sleep.

Thanks

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

U wanna water as lights come on.u don't want to leave plants soaked too much at lights out.also if your in soil water your plant then don't water again until the soils dried out and the pot is light wen u lift it.dont let it dry until your plants drooping that's a bit too dry.its like lifting a carton of milk-you can feel wen it's empty and need more-same thing kinda

Zakattack

Zakattack

U wanna water as lights come on.u don't want to leave plants soaked too much at lights out.also if your in soil water your plant then don't water again until the soils dried out and the pot is light wen u lift it.dont let it dry until your plants drooping that's a bit too dry.its like lifting a carton of milk-you can feel wen it's empty and need more-same thing kinda
Thanks Bro! Appreciate that I'm growing in coco and perlite :) would the concept of waiting for it to dry a Lil be the same?

guymandude

guymandude

in coco, you don't want your pots to dry out completely. Do you add any mycos or beneficials to your nutes, like Great White, Voodoo Juice, etc? That stuff needs moisture. Read that as damp, not necessarily saturated. When the coco is completely dry, these beneficial bacteria in the substrate will tend to die off a bit.

so, completely water the coco. lift it, feel the weight. Let it go until you lift the pot and it feels light. Not stupid light but light. Water then.

Zakattack

Zakattack

in coco, you don't want your pots to dry out completely. Do you add any mycos or beneficials to your nutes, like Great White, Voodoo Juice, etc? That stuff needs moisture. Read that as damp, not necessarily saturated. When the coco is completely dry, these beneficial bacteria in the substrate will tend to die off a bit.

so, completely water the coco. lift it, feel the weight. Let it go until you lift the pot and it feels light. Not stupid light but light. Water then.
Shot Bro. is there a correct amount of water I should be giving them each time? They're in 3gallon containers. So far I've been entering until I just start getting run off then I stop..

Top Bottom