When Using A Dry Automated Trimmer

• Thread starter monstacropn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
monstacropn

monstacropn

When using an automated trimmer do I cure before or dry it out, trim then re moisten and then cure?

S

Socalking

Trim it wet and dry it on one of those net things or something like it for a week or two and then jar it

below frigid

below frigid

Sounds like you have a trimmer that's meant to trim dry product like a Trim Pal. Dry first, trim, then cure. Just don't over dry or no cure will happen after 55%. Try to shoot for 65-60% then trim. Problem is with that style of trimmer if you like a real close trim it has to be pretty dry, but then you can't get a real cure. Unless it's a big grow if you have quality bud bite the bullet and hand trim. I had a Trim Reaper and a Trim Pal. Nothing like a good hand trim.

monstacropn

monstacropn

Sounds like you have a trimmer that's meant to trim dry product like a Trim Pal. Dry first, trim, then cure. Just don't over dry or no cure will happen after 55%. Try to shoot for 65-60% then trim. Problem is with that style of trimmer if you like a real close trim it has to be pretty dry, but then you can't get a real cure. Unless it's a big grow if you have quality bud bite the bullet and hand trim. I had a Trim Reaper and a Trim Pal. Nothing like a good hand trim.
I basically designed a dry trimmer because of the fact my plants are 9X7 foot in size and I have like 11 strains growing and 2 or more months of growing/flowering. This is a very serious issue come harvest even if I stagger harvest times. So if I cure with small leaves, you think that would damage the crops potential?

below frigid

below frigid

Just pull as many of the leaves off when harvesting. I will start pulling as much leaf as I can off a day or two before I harvest that particular plant. Harvest it hang it until just crispy on the outside and you can feel it's still a little moist in the middle, "small" stems just start to snap instead of bend. 65-70% moisture. Double bag it in large contractor grade trash bags. I twist it tight and fold the twist and rubberband them. Makes it easy to open every day or two to breath and fluff a little. If it feel swet leave it open longer. I put a hygrometer in each bag. When it gets close to 62% I throw in a large 62% Boveda pack and seal it up. You can leave it this way until you trim. I would still check them from time to time. The more leaf you get off before bagging the better. You should have little to no quality loss. Just try not to dry it too fast. It's hard to get a good hang time on mine due to the dry hot weather we have here. If you can hang it over a week your doing pretty good. My neighbor take all mine dried by this method untrimmed for a reduced rate. It's worth it too me. Dealing with a trim crew is a pain. I probably lose 100 per unit when all said and done and I don't have any thieves or laggers on my property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom