When Would You Crack The Seeds....

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I have a few auto seeds remaining and i will put 4 of them outside.

I am going away for 3 weeks in July and my mother in law will not be the person to watch my plants. I am thinking if I drop the sprouted seed just before I go (last week in June) the organic soil should carry it through until I return.

Would you do it differently?

And I might put a photo period out there with 3 autos just for shits and giggles (kushy kush).

BudBogart

BudBogart

If I understand correctly you are going away and will have someone else tend the plants for three weeks who may not do the best job?
I would recommend getting the plants started early as you can. It is easiest to lose plants while they are brand new. Get them established before you go. You can give some organic nitrogen laden ferts just before you leave which should carry her through.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im with budbogart,,get them use to the pots ,,then when you burn off set up a drip system or milk jugs,,the light wont matter on the auto,,but she gotta drink

gwheels

gwheels

I started 5 seeds
auto 2 of each
Afghan Kush Ryder...Afghan Kush X Ruderalis
Thunder Bloody Mary (samsara seeds). White Dwarf X Mazar X Ruderalis
And one kushy kush photo period. I got a few of these as freebies on a seed order. The end result is very nice.

I found some soil fertilizer i can use to amend the soil before I leave. Then it should be good for the time I am gone.

:)

Thanks

gwheels

gwheels

The plants are all doing as babies should. I will be leaving soon and will amend the soil just before I do. I think it will carry them through a couple of weeks. My backyard gets very poor direct sunlight. I am looking forward to firing up the tent again where my plants grow bigger and are under more control :D

Organikz

Organikz

The plants are all doing as babies should. I will be leaving soon and will amend the soil just before I do. I think it will carry them through a couple of weeks. My backyard gets very poor direct sunlight. I am looking forward to firing up the tent again where my plants grow bigger and are under more control :D
Amend lava rock into the soil. Great aeration and moisture retention. Top dress with compost and use shredded hardwood mulch or barley straw

gwheels

gwheels

I have used Gaya Green organic soil fertilizer. You work it into the top of the soil and water the plant. I did it with grow before I left and just did it with bloom with the autos. Wow did they do well when I was gone. We had rain every other day. All 3 autos are throwing pistols up and starting to bud. The kushy kush is vibrant and lush and still vegging out with the sun. I will post pics later.

gwheels

gwheels

I will have so much kush I can wait for the long Jack Herer harvest next time around :D

gwheels

gwheels

The deck is doing well so far. Lightly feeding the autos at half strength and giving the photo plant full strength.

IMG 20170730 081731
IMG 20170730 081725
IMG 20170730 081714
gwheels

gwheels

I wasnt sure which plant was which until i saw the nute burn today. Samsarra seeds thunder bloody mary is very finicky with nutes. It burned hard at half strength.

Afghan kush ryder is trucking a long like they were fed right.

The kushy kush drinks whatever I give it. Veg period is awesome. But that photo will produce as much as 2 or 3 of those autos. It is as bushy and it is about 4 weeks from starting to flower. And that is one of the key differences.

gwheels

gwheels

I wont have time to post tomorrow. So here is the Saturday deck plant update.

We have had thunderstorm after thunderstorm. Last night I looked outside and one plant had vanished. A beauty auto too. But it fell into my potato patch right side up. It snapped half way up the stem of the main cola but I have seen worse.

I have braced it up and we will see what happens. The others are doing well considering the amount of rain we have been getting. The soil ammendment ferts are handy for wet seasons. But I sure like General Hydroponics nutes for ease of use.

My backyard is shaded most of the day. They get about 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight a day but the total cost for all 4 plants to grow to fruition was about 60 bucks. The price of 1/4 oz.

I am curious to see how well it compares to growing autos in the tent.

I moved the weaker branched plants (2 of them including elbrakeo) down lower so they are protected from wind by the deck. And because the deck of my neighbor is about 10 feet from me. Covert is good for 9 more months. 2 on a deck is acceptable :D

All plants are in 3 gallon fabric pots with about 50/50 perlite and organic soil mix. Wow I am glad I did that. It has been raining 4 out of 7 days for a while and they are draining beauty eh.

I show the nutes I am using. Its like a dry stanky powder made of bat guano and 30 other organic nutrients. I am using the grow one for the kushy kush if it is raining really hard or the organics line of general if it is sunny.

So basically all year this stuff :D.

20170805 134309
20170805 134323
20170805 134328
20170805 134346
20170805 134350
Last edited:
gwheels

gwheels

I just realized they hit 9 weeks this week. From seed drop. The yellowing is probably time related.

I think it is too late to transplant th3 kush. It should be flowering any time now. What do you think. I am 1 hour north of cleveland.

20170807 103240
20170807 103237
20170807 103214
20170807 103203

Latest posts

Top Bottom