Where did all the psychedelic strains go?

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

It seems a lot of the psychedelic strains are gone. It's rare that I run into anything that has me tripping and confused. I think most of the strains today are geared more towards a cleared headed high with candy like tastes and smells. The stuff I grew up on smelled dirty and made you trip more often but you had to smoke more of it. The stuff today is definitely stronger on average, but not so psychedelic. I miss the strains that make you confused and retarded. I'm aware that there are landrace strains like Malawi that do that.

Well a couple days ago I met a grower that has a 30 year old strain, I call it humboldt hallucination because it has no name but it's an heirloom strain. It's NL X Skunk #1. It yields really well and smells like old school skunk. It smokes you retarded, while making you trip. I'm excited to find this strain because I have been looking for a strain just like this without having to grow out some landraces. I'm going to make some S1's of it and cross it with the Fire OG or Faceoff OG, hoping I can keep the trippiness. I'll update here as I progress.
Humbodlt

ttystikk

ttystikk

It seems a lot of the psychedelic strains are gone. It's rare that I run into anything that has me tripping and confused. I think most of the strains today are geared more towards a cleared headed high with candy like tastes and smells. The stuff I grew up on smelled dirty and made you trip more often but you had to smoke more of it. The stuff today is definitely stronger on average, but not so psychedelic. I miss the strains that make you confused and retarded. I'm aware that there are landrace strains like Malawi that do that.

Well a couple days ago I met a grower that has a 30 year old strain, I call it humboldt hallucination because it has no name but it's an heirloom strain. It's NL X Skunk #1. It yields really well and smells like old school skunk. It smokes you retarded, while making you trip. I'm excited to find this strain because I have been looking for a strain just like this without having to grow out some landraces. I'm going to make some S1's of it and cross it with the Fire OG or Faceoff OG, hoping I can keep the trippiness. I'll update here as I progress.
View attachment 320140

I'm already hallucinating about that creepy doll. Cool...

green punk

green punk

Why cross it to anything? You just outline the reason why modern weed is gettin less desirable and boring in your eyes. Then you say you want to cross it to the exact stuff you are bored w. Sounds like to me you found something very special. Skunk#1 is one of my all time favs.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

^^^ exactly. You say modern weed had basically destroyed the super hazes and so you plan to cross it to something and do just that? Lol.

And they are still out there and plentiful to the connoisseur grower. But no dispo is goin to do a 16 week flower on something they are getting the same price on.

The cuts are out there everywhere too, I think you're just not looking ;-).

Sorry if I knocked your mystery in em, but shit I can get some 100+ day haze right now that will send anyone slightly anxiety stricken into a panic attack.

Haha, I prefer L.

N

nightmarecreature

This NOT a haze or landrace! OG Kush is still my favorite. This hits like a weaker OG but gives the tripiness. I have had trippy strains but they were either a landrace or hazes. Neville's Haze is not even close to being as good as this Humboldt cut. I don't care for Hazes by the way. What I'm trying to do is make a cross that is more potent but yet still retains the tripiness.That is my idea behind using an OG. My point is that there are few strains floating around that are really good and make you trip out at the same time. I have smoke hundreds and have had maybe only two that have made confused and trip out like I ate shrooms.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

If you want to trip, you need to get your hands on the Black Haze clone. And I agree with GP.

N

nightmarecreature

Why cross it to anything? You just outline the reason why modern weed is gettin less desirable and boring in your eyes. Then you say you want to cross it to the exact stuff you are bored w. Sounds like to me you found something very special. Skunk#1 is one of my all time favs.

I never said any of this. I love modern strains more. I just miss the psychedelic strains that are not Hazes or Landraces. I should have pointed that out. Variety is the spice of life!

For the other people Northern Lights X Skunk#1 is not a haze or atleast not sativa dominate. Skunk #1 has Afghani in it which originated as a landrace. It also has two other Landraces in it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Um guys- EVERYTHING originated as a land race. The only difference is how many crosses ago that was.

Northern lights x skunk #1 is what I ran when I was in my early 20s, and I loved it! I think I want that cross back in my stable, in fact. Anybody in Colorado has a good pheno, let me know!

green punk

green punk

@ Nightmare... Sorry I was not trying to put words in your mouth. I was kinda reading between the lines.

I have a Jack Herer, that is super and it has been returned to the dispensary for something less intense on more than one occasion. Itll give ya heart palpitations, it straight up frightens many.

ttystikk

ttystikk

@ Nightmare... Sorry I was not trying to put words in your mouth. I was kinda reading between the lines.

I have a Jack Herer, that is super and it has been returned to the dispensary for something less intense on more than one occasion. Itll give ya heart palpitations, it straight up frightens many.

Niiiice! That's the kind of pheno I like to bag when I go hunting... and not to bring up a sore point from another thread, but clones from a proven pheno of a top strain are well worth the money, imho. I'd pay a lot more for the right clone than for a handful of seeds.

N

nightmarecreature

Niiiice! That's the kind of pheno I like to bag when I go hunting... and not to bring up a sore point from another thread, but clones from a proven pheno of a top strain are well worth the money, imho. I'd pay a lot more for the right clone than for a handful of seeds.

Seeds just take alot of time to sort out. The problem with clones is that you dont know what you actually have until it's grown out.

N

nightmarecreature

It is. The good news is there are plenty of cool peeps that have let me see their grow and the clones I'm getting first hand. Most people don't do that but some people are cool like that.

I just recieved info from the grower that Humboldt Hallucination fetches $3500 a lb , where as his OG's, he's only getting $3000-2800 a lb. That really settles it then. Ill stick with S1's instead of crossing it. I don't grow for paper but that right there speaks for itself.

The grower is hooking me up with a mother that can pull 15 clones, not for free of course, I wish. P.S. The yield is off the chain!

homebrew420

homebrew420

Um guys- EVERYTHING originated as a land race. The only difference is how many crosses ago that was.

Northern lights x skunk #1 is what I ran when I was in my early 20s, and I loved it! I think I want that cross back in my stable, in fact. Anybody in Colorado has a good pheno, let me know!
Got an incredible Pre 2000 shiva skunk, NL#5 x Skunk#1.

I want this one now. First I had heard of it. Sounds great. You said old NL flavor?

Peace

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Gotta try to preserve the good ones creature but that doesnt mean you cant make X's too!
My buddy has been growing a strain that he picked up seed for years ago in amsterdam,We know it as cheese,master kush X super skunk he says,Ive watched people smoke it and get lost right around the corner from their house,My buddy gave a big rip to a painter on a job who started freaking out and demanding to be taken to the emergency room,lol.Its kind of a surprise the first time you puff it but when you know whats coming its great,makes you laugh your ass off too,great weed.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Is that the same Jack that "Garden Mother Herbs" ran? If so I love it!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Got an incredible Pre 2000 shiva skunk, NL#5 x Skunk#1.

I want this one now. First I had heard of it. Sounds great. You said old NL flavor?

Peace

This is the old old OLD school action. I totally want it again. On a related note, my russet mite problems have been solved for months- but unfortunately, blue moonshine never recovered.

N

nightmarecreature

The strain is around 30 years old or so and it's an heirloom strain. It came from Eureka CA. The grower I know got it 20 years ago when he went to college. He bought some buds from the original grower and when he smoked it, he told me he has never smoked anything like that before. He became friends with the guy. He eventually left college and went back to SoCal. Well. 10 years later he roll up to the guys property to visit his old friend and he almost got blasted. They started hanging out and talking and he recieved a cut of this special pheno. The mother is the size of a decent tree. It has survived all these years because It revegs every spring and only the top is harvested. It does not have a name, I made one up. That's why it's unheard of. It's been around a long time so I'm sure some old heads have smoked it before. Well that's the back story on this strain, hope you enjoyed it.

This strain does not cause panick or a racing heart. It's Indica dominate and psychedelic. It's the first indica dominate strain I have smoked that is psychedelic and that's what makes it rare.
It gave me visuals, like the room was stretched out longer than it was. Effects are strange thoughts, confusion, mental retardation and visuals. I know some people don't like those effects, but I do and many others. Texting took forever and was extremely difficult!

Top Bottom