Where To Dry An Cure My Girls

• Thread starter Blakeus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeus

Blakeus

Ok so one of my plants are done and I've flushed her pretty well. The question I have is where should I dry her an cure her I don't have a dark closet to do this in so that out and the only real safe place would be the grow room but I can't just hang my girls in the veg room can I?

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

Took over a small section of the coat closet for mine. It's only 2x2x9 but u can hang in tiers and all is well mate.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Mine just hang in my walkin closet, it's not a dark room by no means , but there's not direct light hitting them either.
STR8

Blakeus

Blakeus

What about temp it still cold where I live an we have snow still on the ground so the house is a little cold

str8smokn

str8smokn

Add a extra heater with humidifier in the space to control your temps around 65*-68* degrees and about 55%-63% humidity. That way it takes em about 10-14 days to dry then you trim and jar.
STR8

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I have a similar issue with the OP. I have a 4 x 4 x 7 mother tent that is the right temp and humidity on an 18/6 light cycle that I was planning on drying with. The lights are 4' - 4 bulb t5 fixture with a shade aiming down. I was planning on hanging the buds from the ceiling of the tent with no "direct" exposure to the light, but the tent itself is lit up. I'm wondering if this will be a problem.

P

PharmHand

Everything I've ever heard or read says the darker the better for dying ,curing etc. Light ,even indirect, degrades thc and halts the breakdown of chlorophyll leading to a harsher smoke ,so that's what I've always done. However I haven't had/seen test results comparing dark vs light drying and all I've ever heard/ read about is essentially anecdotal bro science so who knows

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Thanks PharmHand, I'm new to growing and this is my first grow. I'm about 4 weeks away from harvest and trying to do the right things. I'm growing some Aurora Indica for my wifes pain relief and to put a smile on my face before going to bed };-) I have read on a couple of other sites that people have dried in the veg tent with no noticeable difference from drying in the dark, but as you said, mostly people say to dry in the dark for the reasons you specified...

Top Bottom