Where To Place Intake And Exhaust Fan?

• Thread starter scottonfire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scottonfire

I've got a 10x10 tent with four 8" XXXL air cooled lights. I have two rows of two lights connected to ducting. Outside the tent, the exhaust ducting goes another 10 feet to the window of the garage. On the other side, the intake ducting goes another 3 feet outside the tent to the window of the other side of garage. I'm thinking to put the intake fan on one side of tent at top hole of tent and exhaust on other side of tent in same relative spot. I also have two booster fans blowing air across each 2nd light in the series. Anyway, is this the best way to place the fans or should I place em somewhere else?? The goal is to have a slightly negative air pressure as well as maximum cooling, and any input much appreciated.
Scott

Where to place intake and exhaust fan
Where to place intake and exhaust fan 2
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Intake should be low and circulate and come up evenly through the canopy. Exhaust should be up high.

If more control is needed the lights can be intaked and exhausted on their own circuit independent of room air turnover. That’s a way to avoid the vacuum of passive intake sucking in the tent walls.

Also an intake fan lower powered than the exhaust fan can help move the air more efficiently.

Also good to have circulation fans blowing between the canopy and the reflector glass to remove radiant heat and direct things upward.

Top Bottom