which bodhi dad do u prefer?

• Thread starter r3deyejedi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

What up ya'll, I'm looking to cop some bodhi gear real soon but I'm having some trouble narrowing down my selections. His moms really intrigue me especially the tk, the white and the Hollywood pk. Of the two males hes been using (the appy and the snow lotus), which do u see more potential in with regards to the crosses hes using them for

soserthc1

soserthc1

The snow lotus has been his proven winner but you really cant go wrong with any bodhi selection..... the new rage is his watermelon hash plant and blood orange ..... mom's are to numerous to choose from and he only uses stud males so again really cant go wrong with any selection imho

Peace SoSer

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

Thanks soser, you for sure can't go wrong with bodhi, I've only had experience with the Goji and what a plant that is. Have u had any experience with crosses using the moms i mentioned in the first post?

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thanks soser, you for sure can't go wrong with bodhi, I've only had experience with the Goji and what a plant that is. Have u had any experience with crosses using the moms i mentioned in the first post?

Nope only have ran Gojo , snow leopard (running again now) giesel/app , green crack/appy , heat trip , ancient og and next up is blood orange and ATF but those 3 choices are awesome can't go wrong with either of three......

run a grow log its helpful if you have any issue's

619ster

619ster

The Snow Lotus IMO seems to bring that frost and sweetness to the table, and can also let the mother shine through very nicely in alot of phenos. The Appy, again IMO, is good for bringing a little gas/fuel to the table (good for kicking up smoke expansion in non-chem/og strains, and even better when they are), along with nice sativa qualities. Of course if you wait a bit, you can get in on some Deadly G hybrids (a selected stud from NDN's '88 G13xHP line). Might be a hunt and camp out to get in on those as it always is with fresh Bodhi drops, but should be well worth it!!

Funny you're into the same mama plants I favor. I've tried the mama's but not Bodhi's hybrids with them just yet. Got plenty in the stash though when the time comes!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Snow Lotus has been his best stud male so far and these new crosses with ndn's g13/hp will have several hashy pheno's so that has to be your thing ....

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

The Snow Lotus IMO seems to bring that frost and sweetness to the table, and can also let the mother shine through very nicely in alot of phenos. The Appy, again IMO, is good for bringing a little gas/fuel to the table (good for kicking up smoke expansion in non-chem/og strains, and even better when they are), along with nice sativa qualities. Of course if you wait a bit, you can get in on some Deadly G hybrids (a selected stud from NDN's '88 G13xHP line). Might be a hunt and camp out to get in on those as it always is with fresh Bodhi drops, but should be well worth it!!

Funny you're into the same mama plants I favor. I've tried the mama's but not Bodhi's hybrids with them just yet. Got plenty in the stash though when the time comes!
how was your experience with the moms? the tk and pk really got my interest

619ster

619ster

Not sure if I've had the TK or not (had many many OG's before), but from what I've seen and read it's an OG (one of the originals, if not the original), and I love me some old school fuely OG! The Hollywood PK is what I consider a ladies OG. Doesn't taste like your average OG but looks the same. Isn't like the Bubba looking Pure Kushes. But breeds greatly into hybrids!! As does the TK. That's why of all the OG hybrids out there I always jump for the TK or HPK hybrids real quick! Now his Nepali OG is also an interesting one, as well as his '72 Iranian. Shit man Bodhi got too much good shit!!!! LOL

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

Not sure if I've had the TK or not (had many many OG's before), but from what I've seen and read it's an OG (one of the originals, if not the original), and I love me some old school fuely OG! The Hollywood PK is what I consider a ladies OG. Doesn't taste like your average OG but looks the same. Isn't like the Bubba looking Pure Kushes. But breeds greatly into hybrids!! As does the TK. That's why of all the OG hybrids out there I always jump for the TK or HPK hybrids real quick! Now his Nepali OG is also an interesting one, as well as his '72 Iranian. Shit man Bodhi got too much good shit!!!! LOL

he really does man trying to narrow down an order to just 4 packs was a challenge! but i went with his love triangle, lucky charms, solo's stash and sunshine daydream. on that hpk, what kind of terpene profile did you get? bodhi's description talks about vanilla marshmallow which sounds amazing. also those youtube guys ccc420 gave a similar description plus they covet the pk as one of their all time fave's which is saying something because they've smoked a ton of fire on that show lol

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Nope only have ran Gojo , snow leopard (running again now) giesel/app , green crack/appy , heat trip , ancient og and next up is blood orange and ATF but those 3 choices are awesome can't go wrong with either of three......

run a grow log its helpful if you have any issue's

Just germed some Green crack X Appy What were your thoughts on these soser? Just curious. RB.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Just germed some Green crack X Appy What were your thoughts on these soser? Just curious. RB.

a nice robust plant that grows fast .... green crack influence and lite green sticky goodness with a fuel / fruit smell - i have some veg pictures but deleted my flowering folder by mistake mine were testers before release so they made the grade - sure you will enjoy had 1 done in 8 weeks rest 4 more took between 9-10 as i was testing for potency , the green crack leaner is a little more clearer high and the appy is more of a stone..... very sensitive to ph issues
G A 1
G A 2
G A 3
G A 4
G A 5

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thick stems very hardy with a slight purple tint seem to come thru on the males ....... didn't collect pollen as again were tester at time still got 5 beans and 5 giesel / appy ....... bodhi rocks

619ster

619ster

he really does man trying to narrow down an order to just 4 packs was a challenge! but i went with his love triangle, lucky charms, solo's stash and sunshine daydream. on that hpk, what kind of terpene profile did you get? bodhi's description talks about vanilla marshmallow which sounds amazing. also those youtube guys ccc420 gave a similar description plus they covet the pk as one of their all time fave's which is saying something because they've smoked a ton of fire on that show lol

I think Bodhi's description was of the Solo's Stash terpene profile? I have both the Solo's Stash as well as the Pura Vida. I don't get that vanilla marshmallow flavor from the HPK. It's maybe a bit creamy, with hints of lime, and something else that you can't really consider fruity, can't consider it citrus, but more like a mixture of cream, fruit, citrus etc. I don't know that's a really hard one for me to describe and I'm usually pretty good with flavor descriptions lol. Why I say it's like a ladies OG, as the jet-fuely lemon pine-sol intensity isn't there like in most OG's. It's still uber potent, but doesn't hit your lungs like a typical OG does. I'd like to try that Sunshine Daydream too seen great grows of that one, but I'm on a break from buying beans which is killing me lol. Already got over 10 packs of Bodhi shit though so haha!

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree that the Snow Lotus male that Bodhi used really added yield, frost and taste to the resulting F1 population of the many different crosses that he used with the Snow Lotus male. I was a bit disappointed in the resulting potency of the crosses though. There was a definite degrade in potency compared to the females of the cross. I grew out almost every Snow Lotus cross that Bodhi made and in most cases there was a lower potency than the original female used. Dont get me wrong, they were nice crosses and I found some keepers for sure. For the most part I think the G13/HP and Appy male crosses turned out better IMO.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I agree that the Snow Lotus male that Bodhi used really added yield, frost and taste to the resulting F1 population of the many different crosses that he used with the Snow Lotus male. I was a bit disappointed in the resulting potency of the crosses though. There was a definite degrade in potency compared to the females of the cross. I grew out almost every Snow Lotus cross that Bodhi made and in most cases there was a lower potency than the original female used. Dont get me wrong, they were nice crosses and I found some keepers for sure. For the most part I think the G13/HP and Appy male crosses turned out better IMO.

Funny you say that, as this is why I chose to run a couple of the appy crosses this time.

catdaddy

catdaddy

i haven't done anything with the Appy male, but from what i've ran, i would have to go with the 88 g13/hp male.

i was just telling, B, about this very topic and told him what i had in mind to help others figure out which male produces the better phenos.

one of these days soon, i plan on have a Snow Lotus vs. Appalachia vs. 88 g13/hp battle. the first 2 battles are going to be White Lotus vs Lucky charms and Love Triangle vs. Black Triangle. will post up when i start.

d420dool

d420dool

Hey guys ya bodhi is a cut above for sure, i andeverybody around me absolutely hands down no argument loves the goji, im real interested in the super snowlotus sounds like some stank

homebrew420

homebrew420

Got a lucky charms male. And a few fems coming.

Man Bodhi always snags the great names. I was going to do a Dpd x Tangerine kush and call it blood orange. CURSE YOU BODHI AND YOU SHARED LIKE MINDED NAMING OF POTENTIALLY LEGENDARY CROSSES!!! Haha.

Peace

clockworx

clockworx

Herbies pic-n-mix just put out bodhi seeds......all for $ 6.38.....I was lucky to snag the "blood orange" ....about to run lucky charms and goji og now....

below frigid

below frigid

I ran his Jabba's Stash ( Old School Bubba X Snow Lotus ) outdoors this year. It's at the trimmers now. If I could only grow one strain next season it might be this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom