Which Led For 2x4x6 Tent?

• Thread starter Downhomedude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Downhomedude

Downhomedude

I currently run 20x 9w led screw-ins for flower. Getting decent results. Looking to upgrade. Not looking to spend alot for hobby/personal grow.

I've narrowed it down to 2 choices.

2x Bloomspect 300w
or
(1) Maxsisun 450w dimmable

Which would be best for my space?

Thanks in advance.

Northernpop

Northernpop

From experience growing in a similar rectangular shaped grow, I'd use two lights. It'll carry the light more evenly. Cobs are the way to go if you can.

The attached picture shows a 200w cob system, so two of these should give you up to 50w per square foot, and they cool with heatsinks, passively (no noisy fans).

It's the cheapest way I'd do it.

Happy growing !!

IMG 3542
Downhomedude

Downhomedude

Those do look good - I went with 2x Bloomspect 300w LEDs - From what I've seen it will be a sufficient upgrade over what I have now, and less wiring mess to be concerned with.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Should donyou nicely pal. You honestly don't have to spend a fortune, alghough I'll accept it's the most important element of the grow room !!

Happy growing !!

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

Leds are usually great for veg but not so great for flower. You need minimum 400 ppfd in your furthest stretch of canopy on flower, up to 1100-1500 ppfd in flower center of canopy to yield anything amazingly close to HPS.
. Most leds can’t do that.

sixstring

sixstring

Leds are usually great for veg but not so great for flower. You need minimum 400 ppfd in your furthest stretch of canopy on flower, up to 1100-1500 ppfd in flower center of canopy to yield anything amazingly close to HPS.
. Most leds can’t do that.
this is false from start to finish,for the record.you should do more reading on led tech and lighting in general

Top Bottom