White Algae In My Water Tank

• Thread starter Kepster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kepster

Kepster

White algae in my water tank
White algae in my water tank 2
My PH has been dropping little by little each week and I noticed this algae like substance floating around my res.

Anyone come across this before?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Is it calcium that came out of solution. I have seen this in buckets of well water left bubbling with an air pump for a few days.

Calcium was my guess.

Kepster

Kepster

Yes. Filamentous? White algae. Pure water? Thoroughly clean, disinfect, then keep
res dark, aerated/moving under 70f. Uv light and a filter can help too. I get it in my condensate water

It was slimy/rubbery in texture couldn't relate to filamentous though as I have never even heard of the word prior to today lol. I am using RO water that was being kept in the same room I was growing in. I had a good habit of cleaning the res at least once a month but let it go for a bit so I'm sure that didn't help. Its now outside of the grow room, scrubbed and disinfected. PH is back to normal and no sign of it since. I would still like to know what is was though because when I perform a search for Filamentous algae I can't find any images or descriptions that match what it was that I found so I'm still curious as to what caused it and where it came from.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What do you mean by calcium coming out of solution?

Like calcium and iron in well water that stains the shower or clogs the faucet screen.

But after I read @PharmHand ‘s comment and did a search it looked like the white cloud in the images at the top of this page.

3C49DCA3 16D0 45DE 83D0 E500DFD60878

Kepster

Kepster

Like calcium and iron in well water that stains the shower or clogs the faucet screen.

But after I read @PharmHand ‘s comment and did a search it looked like the white cloud in the images at the top of this page.

View attachment 838125

Never saw this reply but no it didn’t look cloudy at all, when I tried to grab it it had a gelatinous/slimy texture to it.

Still curious as what it could have been if anyone’s come across it before

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Never saw this reply but no it didn’t look cloudy at all, when I tried to grab it it had a gelatinous/slimy texture to it.

Still curious as what it could have been if anyone’s come across it before

Sorry not sure then.

Top Bottom