White Widow 400w Grow.

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

Well Fuck! I got home this morning, checked on the plants and the light is out. WTF! So, I check the timer (analog) and it was only on for an hour!!! So basically the situation is this;

The plants had their normal 12 hour dark cycle. Then the light came on for an hour, and then has been off the last 11 hours. Which means I’m almost to the next dark cycle. During that 11 hours, they were watered as the res and pump are on a separate circuit. However, there was no light, fans, or dehumidification.

As there is not really shit I can do about it now. I fixed the power issue and got the fans and exhaust running again. I adjusted the timer so it was about 45 minutes into the dark cycle, and I’ll check them in the “morning”............dammit.

Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

Probably cost you a week at worst. Always have to watch for nanners but i always hear its wirse ro interrupt the dark period than the light period. I had it happen twice last run without herms.
Thanks. I’m hoping they will just think that day was strange and carry on like normal. They are decent genetics and healthy. Fingers crossed they just shrug it off.

erocknroll

erocknroll

Yea you should be fine. I've had a light kick on at night in a 12 light room for a whole week and I didnt have any bananas. They were at about week 5 or 6. If anything I think it increased the yield which kinda makes me want to try an experiment in the future of reveging for a little mid flower lol.

chemistry

chemistry

You'll be fine dude, plants have been around a long time, and can take a day with out light, but what I want to know is, will this spur them on to become bigger and stronger plants because if the light out, and if they are bigger this time round, will you do the lights out thing next time. lol

Enforcer

Enforcer

You'll be fine dude, plants have been around a long time, and can take a day with out light, but what I want to know is, will this spur them on to become bigger and stronger plants because if the light out, and if they are bigger this time round, will you do the lights out thing next time. lol
Maybe lol! When I discovered them every leaf was standing up praying for light. Probably wondering what the hell is going on. I used a green head light so they were in the dark the whole time. I didn’t want to give her light at odd times and cause a reveg.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Well, between you guys and Lex I think they’ll be fine. It was only one light cycle that got messed up and they did get a little light that day. I know it’s probably to early to tell by looking at them, but I checked them when the light came on again and they looked fine. Which made me feel better at least lol.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Update: Day 28 of flower

The girls have stopped stretching a little sooner than I would have liked. But I can work with this. It’s amazing how much they DON’T stretch when I’m not moving the light way high haha. Plus I flipped sooner this round. The node spacing this run is awesome! They should be some nice fat colas!! I have continued to cut a few leaves here and there that were covering lower buds, or all up in its neighbors business.

I’m getting a little purple streaks on the main stems. I’m thinking they need more P, and it was cold the first few week of flower. So I adjusted the additives this week in the res. I didn’t want to increase the ppm and give more base nutes as the canopy looks great and is very green. No tip burn, and I want to keep it that way.

This weeks mix:

DM A&B = 500ppm
Overdrive = 150ppm (more P)
Big Bud = 50ppm (last I had)
B-25 = 50ppm (trying to cut down on N)
SLF-100 (enzymes)
Total = 750ppm

Still running the pump for 2 min,3x a day.

I’ve decided I’m going to order a HydroPlanet 4’ 8 bulb T5 light for the veg area. I like the structure the plant gets under T5’s just fine. Once I get the 2’ T5 back in the cabinet, I’ll clone the #1 plant.

This is just before light on today. Happy growing everyone!

591959B9 ED80 4E67 8E7C 30C89101742F
60232CFE E940 48B4 AF43 F06FEEA18F57
6C4D2FFC 52B2 48BD B054 8C33B53A6D39
Last edited:
P

PaulBunyon

Well Fuck! I got home this morning, checked on the plants and the light is out. WTF! So, I check the timer (analog) and it was only on for an hour!!! So basically the situation is this;

The plants had their normal 12 hour dark cycle. Then the light came on for an hour, and then has been off the last 11 hours. Which means I’m almost to the next dark cycle. During that 11 hours, they were watered as the res and pump are on a separate circuit. However, there was no light, fans, or dehumidification.

As there is not really shit I can do about it now. I fixed the power issue and got the fans and exhaust running again. I adjusted the timer so it was about 45 minutes into the dark cycle, and I’ll check them in the “morning”............dammit.
It wont cause a problem. Just continue on with normal schedule

P

PaulBunyon

Update: Day 28 of flower

The girls have stopped stretching a little sooner than I would have liked. But I can work with this. It’s amazing how much they DON’T stretch when I’m not moving the light way high haha. Plus I flipped sooner this round. The node spacing this run is awesome! They should be some nice fat colas!! I have continued to cut a few leaves here and there that were covering lower buds, or all up in its neighbors business.

I’m getting a little purple streaks on the main stems. I’m thinking they need more P, and it was cold the first few week of flower. So I adjusted the additives this week in the res. I didn’t want to increase the ppm and give more base nutes as the canopy looks great and is very green. No tip burn, and I want to keep it that way.

This weeks mix:

DM A&B = 500ppm
Overdrive = 150ppm (more P)
Big Bud = 50ppm (last I had)
B-25 = 50ppm (trying to cut down on N)
SLF-100 (enzymes)
Total = 750ppm

Still running the pump for 2 min,3x a day.

I’ve decided I’m going to order a HydroPlanet 4’ 8 bulb T5 light for the veg area. I like the structure the plant gets under T5’s just fine. Once I get the 2’ T5 back in the cabinet, I’ll clone the #1 plant.

This is just before light on today. Happy growing everyone!
looking good! U must have had a good teacher.

P

PaulBunyon

Now that the girls are in full bloom, I moved the light down to 18” off the canopy. Light levels peaked around 40,000 Lux mid-canopy. They should be able to handle it at this stage. Canopy depth is about 10” off the net.
Understand that if the light is too close and if the leaf or calyax temps get to high, fox tailing will occur as well as the heads of tricomes will be destroyed resulting in less densely frosted buds.. Its a great balance! Sorry I forgot what kind of light you were using?

Top Bottom