White Widow 400w Grow.

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

Update: begin week 2 of flower.

I did a res change today. I do the following every week but I just don’t post it. Cleaned everything up with some 35% H2O2 dilute with RO. I spray the tub, pump, heater, anything that gets slime on it and wipe it down. Refill with RO water and mixed up a week 2 bloom batch consisting of:

Grotek Pro-Silicate
Sensi Bloom A&B
Big Bud (coco formula)
VooDoo Juice
Bud Candy

I didn’t use full strength base nutes. I’m getting that little too green look I don’t like. Instead of 4 ml per liter, I mixed in 2.6. My resulting EC is 1.4. Which is right where I want it. Feeding 3 times a day, for 2 minutes each. PH of final mix was 6.3 and I did not adjust it.

Temps have been good in the garage with the little heater. It’s keeping it around 63-67* depending on how much I open the big door. That’s allowing the fans to run and exchange air, as well as keep the tent at 75-77* during the light cycle. The problems come in the night cycle (daytime hours). Temps drop to around 65* in the tent, and humidity shoots to 90-95%. When I opened the tent and saw that on the screen, I thought it’s about to start raining in there. It’s been cold and wet here. Typical Oregon in November. Fans don’t run because it doesn’t get warm enough to kick them on. I ordered a humidity controller and dehumidifier, which got here yesterday. Set them up and the problems started. I can’t use the controller as intended, because it works by cutting off the power to the dehumidifier. Wellll, when the controller kicks back on the power, I need to physically push the power button on the unit. Not going to be here every time to do that. (Shit!) So I reset the controller to a low humidity level so it basically never shuts it off. Yes, it negates needing a controller in the first place, but what can I do about it now. Hey, I get a cool read out outside the tent now, so there’s that. Now the second issue, after 24 hours of the dehumidifier running, it’s still at 86%....WTF. The stats on the dehumidifier said it would remove 250ml of moisture per day, from a 108 sqft space. My tent is half that size. The unit I got was $35 on Amazon. Did I fuck up and buy a too small of a unit? What kind of dehumidifier are you guys running?

Other than that, everything is going great. The canopy looks awesome and it smells great in the tent. Like a mix of pine and fruit loops. I most definitely love to watch the Sensimillia grow. Happy growing everyone.

Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

Temps are good. So I’m wondering if humidity is really that big of a deal. The fans cycle plenty during lights on. And I have crazy gentle air movement inside the tent at all times. Two small clip fans, one above the canopy pushing air down, one below the canopy pushing air across. Plus the 12” oscillating fan between the canopy and the light. Surprisingly, even at 67* and 96% humidity, I don’t have any condensation. Not even when I first open the tent at lights on. I’m going to just keep an eye on the plants at this point. I did defoliate some on top, just a few fan leaves that were shading tops. That and the lollipoping should help bring humidity down too.

They are stretching a bit off the SCRoG. I’ve had to move the light up twice
already. It is nice to look sideways through the forest of stems though. I do love a good SCRoGin’. Soon.....:)

chemistry

chemistry

At 97% humidity I'd expect condensation, maybe your humidity meter is playing up. It rains here when my Barometer reads 70%, or maybe your extractor is slightly blocked. Your plants don't look bothered, that's the main thing.

Enforcer

Enforcer

At 97% humidity I'd expect condensation, maybe your humidity meter is playing up. It rains here when my Barometer reads 70%, or maybe your extractor is slightly blocked. Your plants don't look bothered, that's the main thing.
I have three ways of monitoring the humidity in the tent. Two probes and an entire humidistat, they all say something different. Highs are between 77%-97% depending on which one I’m looking at. Right now it’s been lights off for almost 6 hours. Temps are 68* outside the tent, 71* inside. RH from the two probes 81% and 84%. No peeking during night cycle, but I’m sure the inside one would read higher. However, you’re right. The plants don’t seem to care and are quite happy. I’m just going to keep an eye on it for now.

chemistry

chemistry

Most early mornings, my garden plants are covered in dew, and they seem to thrive on it, so I've always believed it was beneficial to the plant, they look at there greenest at that part of the day, before the sun bakes the shit out of them. :D

Enforcer

Enforcer

Today the humidity is pretty high here. So the tent is in the high 90s. I decided to turn the fans on all the time, as low as they go. This eliminated my humidity problem as it’s now a rock solid 60%. However, I now have to keep the garage warmer. Otherwise, the tent gets too cold even with the light on. I may need to continually adjust this throughout the grow. Depending on the atmospheric conditions outside.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I mixed up a new res yesterday evening as it was empty. The down side to doing a DTW system I guess. Same as last week except I removed the VooDoo Juice and added back the B-52. I checked the dehumidifier and it had turned off somehow, so I turn it back on. The stretch is crazy this week. I had to move the light higher and move the fan to one side as one of the tops was about 1/2 inch for the blades. lol. Pictures tomorrow at the start of week 3.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I watched the first watering today after lights on and there was very little runoff. So
I increased the first watering time by one minute. It will now water on a 3/2/2 minutes per 12 hour cycle. I am not watering during lights off. I’m operating under the notion that the coco gets very dry over the 12 hour night cycle, and needs a little more in that first shot.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Nice grow you have going on here. Im not to far behind you. Start week 3 in a few days. Also growing in coco but not doing scrog. I may try to setup a auto feed next run. I hand water twice a day. I think i would have to get a pretty big rez though. I have 5 ladys in bloom right now and they take a gal each per day. Anyway look good keep it up

Enforcer

Enforcer

Nice grow you have going on here. Im not to far behind you. Start week 3 in a few days. Also growing in coco but not doing scrog. I may try to setup a auto feed next run. I hand water twice a day. I think i would have to get a pretty big rez though. I have 5 ladys in bloom right now and they take a gal each per day. Anyway look good keep it up
Thanks man, res size is a bit hard to guess at first. I fill a 47 liter res and it last about 5 days right now. However, during veg I always had leftover solution after 7 days. Now my challenge is to keep the leaves out of the fan.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Here’s a clone update. Progressing slowly but they are growing. Two of them are showing purple stems, and one is in full mag deficiency. Watered with some VooDoo Juice, B-52, and 1 TBLS of Epsom salt per gallon. That should perk them right up. My PPM going in did not register on the Truncheon, the run off is around 2.0 EC. WOW, I even flushed the medium before I planted. I swear they manufacture this stuff (FoxFarms CocoLoco) so you get problems, to make you come back and buy more stuff to correct it. I haven’t fed them any nutrients, just what’s in the soil. I’ve watered them 4 times and today is day 20 from cut.

A2ACFB28 4F19 412E BCB8 DE6FC85F9EFD
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

Here’s a clone update. Progressing slowly but they are growing. Two of them are showing purple stems, and one is in full mag deficiency. Watered with some VooDoo Juice, B-52, and 1 TBLS of Epsom salt per gallon. That should perk them right up. My PPM going in did not register on the Truncheon, the run off is around 2.0 EC. WOW, I even flushed the medium before I planted. I swear they manufacture this stuff (FoxFarms CocoLoco) so you get problems, to make you come back and buy more stuff to correct it. I haven’t fed them any nutrients, just what’s in the soil. I’ve watered them 4 times and today is day 20 from cut.
I was having a mag issue on one of my plants. I made up a foilar with silica and epsom salt and that seemed to help me. Also i changed my ph going in went from 5.7-5.8 to 5.9-6.1. That also seemed to really me out.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I was having a mag issue on one of my plants. I made up a foilar with silica and epsom salt and that seemed to help me. Also i changed my ph going in went from 5.7-5.8 to 5.9-6.1. That also seemed to really me out.
I’ll try that foliar spray, thanks. What where your ratios when you mixed it up? I’m treating this stuff like soil, so my ph going in is about 6.4-6.6.

Top Bottom