White Widow

• Thread starter Becual
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
416T.O

416T.O

I grew white widow from seed.. got the seeds from crop king seeds. Any ways plants are monsters 7 feet tall .... 4 feet wide..... they are very easy to grow and grow a lot of shoots my advice would be to make sure u stay on top of trimming and don't over crowd. .

Becual

Becual

I grew white widow from seed.. got the seeds from crop king seeds. Any ways plants are monsters 7 feet tall .... 4 feet wide..... they are very easy to grow and grow a lot of shoots my advice would be to make sure u stay on top of trimming and don't over crowd. .

Great I have a growzilla 5.8 feet height
9 plants how many would you recommend
I plant?

drewski85

drewski85

Depends on the company that "bred" the ww. There's over 2 dozen companies with white widow. Mr nice seeds allegedly bred the original line. I know that doesn't help answer your question. Just saying there's a lot of variation from different breeders "white widow"

416T.O

416T.O

How many five gallon buckets can you fit in there my rent is 8x4 and 7 feet tall I'm going to do 12 area 51...see how many buckets you can fit in there with some room.... you should think about doing srog. ... and super crop

416T.O

416T.O

20150929 153915

Junk

Junk

Hi
I have some White Widow seeds from Amsterdam. These are the seeds that I will use for my first grow was it a good Choice for beginners?

It depends on a lot of factors. Where you got them from is one. I have grown several from Dutch Passion, so, I can only speak to a couple plants from them, grown to my ability.

It is very temperature sensitive. Even in perfect temps it likes to stretch. If you let it get too hot, it will stretch itself out & not fill in tight. Still usable, but fox tailing, fluffier buds are what you will get if you don't keep the temps low (see pic) But it's a good eater, heavy yielder (as you can see) Don't go overboard with topping unless you have good support. The tops are gonna shoot up & grow really large buds. If you don't have a plan for how to support it, by week 4 the branches will be breaking.

I like to veg for a while, to get the most out of the plants. But indoors, you will have to keep these short during veg. Lst, main line etc. In a 5 gallon bucket, my current one is 54" above the "soil." I kept it extremely short before the flip. I don't know if it's the result of it being a monster crop clone taken to flower again, the hydro recipe or what. I'm saying yours may not get quite that tall, but be prepared. You can pretty easily out grow your space with these.

I'm giving mine 1400 ppms of nutes (water is 0) & it loves it. All else being equal, the leaves are darker than your average plant, no matter how you feed it.

**edit- I just looked, it was 13.5. Also, I deleted a pic that I realized after was not WW.

It has been, by far, the largest plant I've ever grown, so be prepared.

View attachment 539447
20150816 135447

20150911 221656
Last edited:
Becual

Becual

It depends on a lot of factors. Where you got them from is one. I have grown several from Dutch Passion, so, I can only speak to a couple plants from them, grown to my ability.

It is very temperature sensitive. Even in perfect temps it likes to stretch. If you let it get too hot, it will stretch itself out & not fill in tight. Still usable, but fox tailing, fluffier buds are what you will get if you don't keep the temps low (see pic) But it's a good eater, heavy yielder (as you can see) Don't go overboard with topping unless you have good support. The tops are gonna shoot up & grow really large buds. If you don't have a plan for how to support it, by week 4 the branches will be breaking.

I like to veg for a while, to get the most out of the plants. But indoors, you will have to keep these short during veg. Lst, main line etc. In a 5 gallon bucket, my current one is 54" above the "soil." I kept it extremely short before the flip. I don't know if it's the result of it being a monster crop clone taken to flower again, the hydro recipe or what. I'm saying yours may not get quite that tall, but be prepared. You can pretty easily out grow your space with these.

I'm giving mine 1400 ppms of nutes (water is 0) & it loves it. All else being equal, the leaves are darker than your average plant, no matter how you feed it.

**edit- I just looked, it was 13.5. Also, I deleted a pic that I realized after was not WW.

It has been, by far, the largest plant I've ever grown, so be prepared.

View attachment 539447
View attachment 539446

Thank you that really helped great pictures
They look great. I'm doing hydro with a Growzilla
5.8 tall box by Dealzer do you think I will be ok?

Junk

Junk

Thank you that really helped great pictures
They look great. I'm doing hydro with a Growzilla
5.8 tall box by Dealzer do you think I will be ok?

What kind of hydro? Flood & drain table, DWC, top drip DWC, Res DWC, Ebb & Flow system, undercurrent,...

I can think of about 6-7 conventional ways to grow hydro, but we need to know your format...

Maybe this will help you. You need to know, not the measurement of your tent, but the measurement of your tent minus light depth plus several inches. In other words, what height could your plant get to before it's a problem? You don't have a 5.8', it's probably much closer to 4.5' tops.

I also can't say with certainty what your WW is going to do. I grew out two fem seeds, & kept the better one. But they both liked to stretch more than any plant I have grown (probably 40?)

But if you are concerned about height, & you are DWC (seems to be the most common) you can get 3 gallon pails instead of 5 gallon, & it knocks like 8" off the height. Personally, I don't think they are ideal. But I have them for this exact reason. I have a few plants that are heavily Sativa leaning in growth. My ceiling is 7ft, one of the current WW's I had to work with a bit to keep it lower. But if I stand that plant up straight, it's only a few inches away from the ceiling, never mind the light. If I were to grow these out again in hydro, I would use the shorter pails. But that's my seeds, my light, my recipe, temps, Rh, nutes, co2, pruning, practices etc. But I think it's safe to say your WW (did you tell us where you got it from yet?) will probably stretch a lot too.

So I keep a couple of those 3 gallons available in case I have to alter the height. But you need to figure that out very quickly. You can't just move from a 5 gallon to a 3 gallon. At this point, I can't change it. The roots system will take up that entire 3 gallon pail. I would have had to decide much earlier if I wanted to do that. During the end of veg at the latest. But I kept this one short as hell. It was less than 1' above to top of the 5 gallon bucket before the flip, so I thought I was good. Nope. The highest temp it ever saw was 87, ONE day. The rest of the days have been between 75-80, with the occasional 82 in there. 60% humidity

Your ceiling height is much lower than mine, all told you probably have 1.5' less. I don't know how your ladies will respond, but if you are nervous about height, I would consider using the 3 gallon pails from the start.

They will still grow plenty big, but not as tall. This is the only time I have seen the "your plants will grow the shape of your container" actually ring true. I had to ditch a Strawberry Cough one time, because in a short but wide 5 gallon container, it became a redwood in a matter of weeks. That particular plant, was the fastest growing anything I have ever seen. I cloned it, & gave the clones away. The guy I gave them too didn't use them. It's a shame, I would love to have that exact plant again...& in hydro? It would be a monster.

With hydro, I think the 3 gallon containers are 6.5" shorter? But the same plant, put in a 5 gallon, the difference between the two will be more like 13" (I'm assuming your DWC because even though I asked which format, & reread this entire thread & didn't see it, for some reason I think you are, maybe from another post)

The problem with the 3 gallons in DWC is that, genetics aside, if you are growing star quality plants on your end, they will be very thirsty/hungry. I can fill my pails with 2 gallons & 2 light cycles later, it's gone. Part of why I moved to a res system.

So you can see with 3 gallons, unless you have a res system, you are going to need to be filling the pails a lot. As far as growing goes, that's not a terrible hassle. But something to think about. Bc if you are growing a couple diff strains, they will probably eat/drink at different rates...so without a res you will be watering/feeding every day. At the very least, checking it daily. I'm not saying you need a res, I actually don't think you do. But I just want you to know what using the 3 gallon pails involves. If you planned on leaving for a weekend or vacation during this run, you will need someone to cover the plants.

Check your pm.

Top Bottom