Who's Growing Tlo Style (the Rev)?

• Thread starter Perception
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

I always water with a compost tea after I re-amend my soil, which is every other grow. I don’t know much about bokashi. I’ve read about it some, but it seems like a pain in the ass haha, so I haven’t read too too much about it, but I do always water with a compost tea once I’ve mixed in all the amendments.
What does compost tea do? What does your soil have? What does compost provide? Is soil better not disturbed?

brazel

brazel

I hear ya on the bokashi - fermentation’s are a whole new ball game that i haven’t delved in to yet. Although I’ve met a couple organic farmers (vegetables) who use all the OMx’s (om1, om5, om7, etc) methods of fermentation’s and do really well. I’m not familiar with that methodology though.
Why would it be doing really well? What's your soil missing? Why use those instead?

Minitiger

Minitiger

Looking great! Man, that one in the middle didn’t stretch much at all, huh? Which on is that? Have you considered maybe putting the pot on top of something to get a little more even canopy? Or are you trying to keep it a little further from the light? Whenever I have plants that don’t stretch as much as others, I usually throw those pots on top of these two gallon pots I have that I never use, raises them about fifteen inches. Just a thought.... Things are looking real good, though. I love those thin-leaved ones you got going. Which ones are those? Matter of fact, if you don’t mind, maybe you could let us know which plants are which from back to front or something. I’m so intrigued haha!

Minitiger

Minitiger

What does compost tea do? What does your soil have? What does compost provide? Is soil better not disturbed?

What does compost tea do? Feel free to google it and read up. Not too sure what you’re asking about re: “What does compost provide?” I think you’re asking me why I’m adding compost to my recycled soil, which is not what a compost tea is. Compost and compost teas are two different things. Again, feel free to read up on compost teas. Re: “Is soil better not disturbed?” I have no idea what you’re asking.

Perception

Perception

Looking great! Man, that one in the middle didn’t stretch much at all, huh? Which on is that? Have you considered maybe putting the pot on top of something to get a little more even canopy? Or are you trying to keep it a little further from the light? Whenever I have plants that don’t stretch as much as others, I usually throw those pots on top of these two gallon pots I have that I never use, raises them about fifteen inches. Just a thought.... Things are looking real good, though. I love those thin-leaved ones you got going. Which ones are those? Matter of fact, if you don’t mind, maybe you could let us know which plants are which from back to front or something. I’m so intrigued haha!

Yo! Yes, I did consider putting the middle plant on a booster seat, although the plants have really created a balanced canopy at this point, so I didn't want to mess with them.

There are 5 plants - Kingdom Organic Seeds:
-> 2x Coma Cluster (Indica): Middle plant, back right plant
-> 3x Darkling Sativa (sativa): back left, front left, front right

One thing to note is that The Rev strongly recommends to veg for at least 55 days with his genetics. I wish I could have waited that long, but the plants were growing too fast, so I flipped after 40 days of veg. And look where they are now! Glad I did.

The Rev says that his plants top out around 36" usually, although I have a few here pushing 48". I've had to bend one over already. I think I'll make it without too much more training though. These are vigorous growers.

These are 25 days in to flower (last photo there is an Indica).

IMG 3043
IMG 3044
IMG 3046
goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Week 5 of flower
2 x KOS Black Poison Skunk (left)
1 x KOS Dark Dragon (middle)
2 x KOS Hemmy Black (right)

Smells of cat piss for sure. I kind of wish I had topped these plants as my yield is sure to suffer but, at least I'll get to enjoy some colas. :)
IMG 1134

Perception

Perception

Smells of cat piss for sure. I kind of wish I had topped these plants as my yield is sure to suffer but, at least I'll get to enjoy some colas. :)View attachment 776930

Catpiss! Yess! I specifically picked the Darkling Sativa from KOS because of the following sentence under it's description:

"The smells and flavors of the darkling Sativa will be mostly super Hazy/Cat Piss with a background of plumb & honey oil. Cat Piss lovers’ dreamboat right here with a full—basically pure blooded—sativa wallop!"

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Thanks @Perception. Your plants are looking real nice as well.

As for the cat piss smell, it is something I have never smelled before with weed. Of course, I am a new farmer so that makes sense but I have decades of experience as a cannabis connoisseur and I don't ever remember thinking about cat-piss.lol There is no mistaking it though, you open the door to the tent and Bam! -smells like an unscented litter box with some rotting fruit thrown in...Yum! :yuck::happy:. I have a new carbon filter waiting if my old one can't keep up.

In The Rev's description of the Black Poison Skunk "The acrid cat piss smells of the Black Forrest combined with the super skunky terps of the Red Russian Skunk should make some of the smelliest cannabis you have ever grown"

One thing that concerns me a little with this gear is it's lack of resin at this time. It does have some frostiness but not a lot. It is only at 5 weeks though and they are all 9-10 week strains so, there is still time for that. We will see.

My pollinating experiment went well, I pollinated a couple branches of the Black Poison Skunk and Hemmy Black and 4 branches of the Dark Dragon with pollen from the Dark Dragon male. It'll be exciting to see how well the seeds develop and later grow.

Last edited:
K

kansabis

Don't worry too much if it doesn't frost up like crazy,it could still be very potent especially being sativa. Frost is really only super important if you wanna make hash,etc.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Thanks @Perception. Your plants are looking real nice as well.

As for the cat piss smell, it is something I have never smelled before with weed. Of course, I am a new farmer so that makes sense but I have decades of experience as a cannabis connoisseur and I don't ever remember thinking about cat-piss.lol There is no mistaking it though, you open the door to the tent and Bam! -smells like an unscented litter box with some rotting fruit thrown in...Yum! :yuck::happy:. I have a new carbon filter waiting if my old one can't keep up.

In The Rev's description of the Black Poison Skunk "The acrid cat piss smells of the Black Forrest combined with the super skunky terps of the Red Russian Skunk should make some of the smelliest cannabis you have ever grown"

One thing that concerns me a little with this gear is it's lack of resin at this time. It does have some frostiness but not a lot. It is only at 5 weeks though and they are all 9-10 week strains so, there is still time for that. We will see.

My pollinating experiment went well, I pollinated a couple branches of the Black Poison Skunk and Hemmy Black and 4 branches of the Dark Dragon with pollen from the Dark Dragon male. It'll be exciting to see how well the seeds develop and later grow.

My El Jefe Thai that I grew last round was by far the least frosty of all the plants I grew (Bodhi’s Clusterfunk and The Fuzz and Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush, along with the El Jefe). It’s the least sticky of all the plants, too, and the least potent, which actually doesn’t bother me too much. I don’t always want to get completely baked off my ass when I smoke. But I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with it. Every time I break up a bud, I find a shitload of undeveloped seed pods, too.

Which makes me wonder if one has to grow KOS genetics in The Rev’s soil mix to get truly optimal results. It’d make sense and that’s probably the case. Either way, I’m stoked to see y’all’s plants, @Perception and @goingtoguano They’re looking real good!

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

My El Jefe Thai that I grew last round was by far the least frosty of all the plants I grew (Bodhi’s Clusterfunk and The Fuzz and Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush, along with the El Jefe). It’s the least sticky of all the plants, too, and the least potent, which actually doesn’t bother me too much. I don’t always want to get completely baked off my ass when I smoke. But I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with it. Every time I break up a bud, I find a shitload of undeveloped seed pods, too.

Which makes me wonder if one has to grow KOS genetics in The Rev’s soil mix to get truly optimal results. It’d make sense and that’s probably the case. Either way, I’m stoked to see y’all’s plants, @Perception and @goingtoguano They’re looking real good!

Hey @Minitiger,
I saw your smoke reports on the El Jefe Thai and it worried me a bit as I have the KOS Riff Raff Thai that I plan on growing next-asap (which might be delayed) and I hope it's not a disappointment. I know its not the same but still.
Somewhere I did read The Rev say that you do get the best results from his strains by following his method because that is how they are breed (bread, breeded?). Like you said, that would make sense.

On a positive note, the frostiness is showing up. I had to pick up and tie-up a branch that had fallen over and in doing so, my hands got all sticky. I had my reading glasses on and now I see the frost.:eyepiece:
IMG 1142

Perception

Perception

The frostiness is definitely coming in for me, although I have noticed that it’s much more pronounced on the plants that got to veg longer before being flipped to flower. The Rev recommends vegging his seeds for at least 55 days. My frosty plants were at or beyond 55 days. The plants that only got 40 days of veg are not as frosty.

First pic is darling Sativa, then coma cluster

67F9C6C6 84A6 4673 AC32 CA4D0731872D
03F3F707 F075 4173 9038 2C5676322AF8
Minitiger

Minitiger

The frostiness is definitely coming in for me, although I have noticed that it’s much more pronounced on the plants that got to veg longer before being flipped to flower. The Rev recommends vegging his seeds for at least 55 days. My frosty plants were at or beyond 55 days. The plants that only got 40 days of veg are not as frosty.

First pic is darling Sativa, then coma cluster

I believe the Rev is correct re: vegging plants for a while. I’ve never not vegged for fewer than 60 days and always ended up with insanely sticky weed. Which, again, makes me wonder about that El Jefe. Either way, y’all’s plants are looking good! Love those frosty leaves, @Perception

Top Bottom