Why are my Clones getting moldy

• Thread starter mpjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mpjm

Hey all,

I'm completely new so sorry if this is a little noob i'm just :confused0054:

So this just happened for the 3rd straight run and I'm getting pissed. I take my cuts, dip in clonex, insert into rapid rooters, then into tray. I also spray with a non wilting agent then water...

Each of the last few runs there has been mold (green color) on the top of the rapid rooters. Some are worse than others. The majority of them it's only a top layer and you can scrape it off...Now being a clean freak, I'm not going to plant mold. So needless to say throwing away 3 clone trays in as many weeks is starting to wear on my patience to say the least.

Room temp is 76-79 during day, and 68-70 at night.
clone tray is on a raised shelf in veg room
have a heat mat

anything else ask...

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

that green stuff you're talking about is algae. I have had it happen many times. I've bought clones that looked great but the rockwool had a little algae on it. Nothing to sweat too much man.
try maybe not spraying them. I bet the rapid rooters are staying pretty wet. That's usually when I have seen it.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yep not mold at all. as long as it doesnt get outa control its no prob at all
if it does get out of control it causes your plants to compete for oxygen and nutrients, not good at all
once it doesnt get any more light (when your babies get bigger and grow more leaves) it will stop growing
sorry to say it but ur a jackass for throwing stuff away without doing research

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

o and whats ur "non wilting agent"?
never seen anything like this kinda curious

phenotyper

phenotyper

If it bothers you, just use a fold of aluminum foil to cover the medium. This will allow the roots to grow and algae will die. Slightly more work, but it really is just an aesthetic thing. Since then I have stopped doing that. I have had them with and without algae and they do just fine regardless.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

95 percent success rate. good enuf for me
thanks for the info jackass lol :)

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Bro, we are trying to help you. Whywould you go start calling names?! Remember... you're the dude who threw away 3 trays and is having trouble cloning - not us.

B

Buddy Flowers

so i have to research everything ppl discuss on here or i'm a jackass? eat a dick,mpjm, you pretentious douche bag

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
You all seam to have the inability to read. Mastacheeser first called the op a jackass, I would imagine in jest. So the op then replies using the term and he gets flamed. And his post was certainly in jest.

If you have not got anything to add apart from clearly trying to stir then expect a comeback from the staff.

The only jackasses around here are making their selves very evident.

A

AliasAO

You all seam to have the inability to read. Mastacheeser first called the op a jackass, I would imagine in jest. So the op then replies using the term and he gets flamed. And his post was certainly in jest.

If you have not got anything to add apart from clearly trying to stir then expect a comeback from the staff.

The only jackasses around here are making their selves very evident.

I love this Site and the Mod Staff.
:anim_09:
:sign0006:

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

lol this thread just blew up
the jackass comment came b/c of the 3 tray of ladies thrown away before asking q's. and green mold? com on
go back and look at some of your first posts. i no when i do that with mine im like "dam i was a jackass"
i have big ol smile on my face, everybody needs to cheer up
i guess i need to say it, sorry for the jackass comment

R

RockPhosphate

ENOUGH WITH THE DRAMA... Lets help this farmer out.

My guess is the anti-wilt spray is getting onto the rooters causing the moisture to remain longer, therefore causing the mold.

My cloning foliar is just distilled h2o and Dutch Masters Penetrator.

I only spray my cuttings once (1), when they are first placed into the tray and dome.

24-48 hrs later. If/when they start to wilt, spray the DOME ONLY, not the cuttings.
This will give them ample moisture to perk back up.
This process for me takes about 3 days till they no longer need it.

Could also be the h2o that you are using.

No RO filter here. I go and spend $0.99 on a gallon of distilled water when I clone.
This eliminates one variable in the plants most delicate and vulnerable stage of its life.

The biggest bit of help that I can offer is DITCH THE NO WILT SPRAY and get a dome.
If you are spraying no-wilt and have them under a dome, thats a problem.

Also, is your heat mat on a thermostat? They run at 100 degrees + without one.

Hope this helps.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

great tip on the distilled water, was thinking of adding zone on my next set of cut but like this route more. might be cheaper too

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
It's all good mastacheeser, perhaps try not to throw in comments like that in future. 95% of us can see it's in jest, the others will grab hold of it and try and stir shit.

Thanks for all of your maturity and not escalating this further.

Buddy flowers has been placed on a 3 day ban to reflect upon his attitude.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah if you get algae cut as much off the rapid rooter as you can and plant deep enough so you medium covers the plug and the algae will die without light

M

mpjm

damn...leave for a day and come back to this...jokes people I got 'em for days...

relax all I'll roll one up for all of us...

M

mpjm

lol this thread just blew up
the jackass comment came b/c of the 3 tray of ladies thrown away before asking q's. and green mold? com on
go back and look at some of your first posts. i no when i do that with mine im like "dam i was a jackass"
i have big ol smile on my face, everybody needs to cheer up
i guess i need to say it, sorry for the jackass comment

like I said totally cool man...I was seriously saying it to be funny, shoulda figured it might be taken the wrong way over a computer :worried, like I said I'm rolling one atm...:bongsmi:

Top Bottom