Why are my Clones getting moldy

• Thread starter mpjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mpjm

ENOUGH WITH THE DRAMA... Lets help this farmer out.

My guess is the anti-wilt spray is getting onto the rooters causing the moisture to remain longer, therefore causing the mold.

My cloning foliar is just distilled h2o and Dutch Masters Penetrator.

I only spray my cuttings once (1), when they are first placed into the tray and dome.

24-48 hrs later. If/when they start to wilt, spray the DOME ONLY, not the cuttings.
This will give them ample moisture to perk back up.
This process for me takes about 3 days till they no longer need it.

Could also be the h2o that you are using.

No RO filter here. I go and spend $0.99 on a gallon of distilled water when I clone.
This eliminates one variable in the plants most delicate and vulnerable stage of its life.

The biggest bit of help that I can offer is DITCH THE NO WILT SPRAY and get a dome.
If you are spraying no-wilt and have them under a dome, thats a problem.

Also, is your heat mat on a thermostat? They run at 100 degrees + without one.

Hope this helps.

well...I'm probably going to get flamed for this again but oh well...distilled water is my normal water source (always funny to walk into safeway and buy 20 gallons at a time...lol) is that bad? I'm running soil so I hand water...

I have a dome on the tray as well, it was one of the rapid rooters dome/tray kits (only has 15 cuts, NOT the 50 it can hold, in it as that's my legal #...) I'm completely new and trying to get the best I can grow for myself...so I generally buy what the guy at my local grow store tells me...

I told him I've had about 6 of 15 cuts really do well and look healthy/make it and that I wanted a new system to get me at least 80% rate was acceptable for my first grow/run...these are the products/things he suggested to do, he's only my real person to ask ask he knows I'm a patient and talks to me about my "tomatoes"...

I'm all for reading and learning but am way more hands on and visual when it comes to learning...

My Heat mat barely seems to work...I can put my hand on it and it barely feels warm. That normal? is it just hot in certian spots?

again sorry for the complete noobness and the earlier comment, just trying to be funny. Thanks for any and all advice that helps me with my girls :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you can eliminate the dome if you use vita grow anti wilt

it basically seals the cutting so it cant transpire any water of the leaves

J

Josh89

ENOUGH WITH THE DRAMA... Lets help this farmer out.

My guess is the anti-wilt spray is getting onto the rooters causing the moisture to remain longer, therefore causing the mold.

My cloning foliar is just distilled h2o and Dutch Masters Penetrator.

I only spray my cuttings once (1), when they are first placed into the tray and dome.

24-48 hrs later. If/when they start to wilt, spray the DOME ONLY, not the cuttings.
This will give them ample moisture to perk back up.
This process for me takes about 3 days till they no longer need it.

Could also be the h2o that you are using.

No RO filter here. I go and spend $0.99 on a gallon of distilled water when I clone.
This eliminates one variable in the plants most delicate and vulnerable stage of its life.

The biggest bit of help that I can offer is DITCH THE NO WILT SPRAY and get a dome.
If you are spraying no-wilt and have them under a dome, thats a problem.

Also, is your heat mat on a thermostat? They run at 100 degrees + without one.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE

I was reading this cause I was having the same issue. A little green on the top of my cubes. Not on the clones. Just the cubes. Freaked me out. I went thru and cleaned everything, and basically cut the green shit off the cube.
I have clones at different stages in my dome. It was only on a few, and I understand I should probably wait to make sure all is well. I am curious about the clones that are ready for cups tho. If they didnt have any of the algae/mold on those cubes would they be safe to put into cups then with my veg tent, or should I hold off?

Also u said when you do clones you spend $ on distilled. Are you guys using tap with the plants?
Apologies if this rambling dosnt make since I'm high af, but being new at this I research constantly. I have made a few friends that grow but mostly just google. These community sites seem really helpful though. I definitely couldnt imagine tossing any of mine without some advice.

Top Bottom