Why Do My Plants Buds Look Like This?

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

The plant is an Auto #1 from Auto Seeds.Today is 90 days from seed, because there's still no amber. I'll post a pic of the plant itself then a pic of what I'm talking about.

Her she is
Why do my plants buds look like this

While checking on my grow tonight, I was removing a couple dead leaves, I noticed this when I spread the bud open.
Why do my plants buds look like this 2

It's hard to tell from the pic with the leaves, but the whole area is very light in color, and looks undeveloped.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

there are some strains that have pale green leaves even when healthy. Critical is one such strain.

many strains are ripe in 55-70 days but some Sativa strains take longer. be patient and watch the trich's

chuey316

chuey316

6 t8 bulbs 5-6" away, and 6 23w cfl's on the left side because that's was much less bud growth on the right side.

It looks like pale calyx's.

chemistry

chemistry

Your into to your 13 week, how long does your plant normally flower for? The light leafs are just shaded by the green ones, so no light, no chlorophyll.

chuey316

chuey316

Seed company says ~65 days, but I still don't have any amber yet. I'll try to get a better pic after work, but up close it looks like pale calyx's that grew a couple hairs, and stopped.

chuey316

chuey316

Here's a couple better pictures of what it looks like. My friend sent the pictures to his caregiver, and he said that he thinks there wasn't enough light penetration and the buds are immature, and need to be cut out.
20171119 113135
20171119 113110

20171118 201717

Do I need to cut it out? Will that pretty much mean the end of the grow though? I'd think that at 13 weeks in, it'll throw the plant into shock and not recover. Especially with an auto.

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

That's what I thought, not enough light, if it was my plant, I would put it into flush, all the hairs are turned, with a weeks flush that would be 14 weeks in flower, and it has a lot of green in it for a plant that's trying to finish up, and I would leave the white buds, bet they smoke just the same.

chuey316

chuey316

Wonder if my bulbs are getting weak, and just not putting out the lumens that they were. That or switching out some of the 6400k's with 2700k this grow, and just didn't have the same intensity. Other than switching to some 2700k, the lighting for my 2 plants, produced a bit under 5 zips with 3 autos on the last run.

I'm looking into new lighting now. Undecided between 2 300w led panels, or a 400 hps. I like the led for the efficiency, but I grow in an unfinished Michigan basement, so I worry about temps. The setup I have now keep the temps just right, and I'm pretty sure that led will put out less heat.

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

Or it may be fox tailing? A couple of the buds look extended in your first pic.

chuey316

chuey316

I have some definite fox tailing. The entire backside of the bud where it was touching the cola is this color though, as well as the spot on the cola that was being touched. Next run will be lst'd for sure.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You are not getting enough light output.
I dont even want to know what LED panals your looking at cause there most likely even worse than the t5.
400 watt hps/mh with vented hood for the win..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Here's a couple better pictures of what it looks like. My friend sent the pictures to his caregiver, and he said that he thinks there wasn't enough light penetration and the buds are immature, and need to be cut out. View attachment 758775 View attachment 758776
View attachment 758777

Do I need to cut it out? Will that pretty much mean the end of the grow though? I'd think that at 13 weeks in, it'll throw the plant into shock and not recover. Especially with an auto.
completely immature.. Will smoke like shit and taste like shit..
Nothing to do with your growing our skill, just not enough light..
You need to drop 200 on a 400 watt dimmable with hood package(Amazon)
newbie on my thread just purchased one with seedlings in his first week.
and a fan and filter
all for 200..
I promise you wont see that immature stuff with that unless you grow to tall of plants..
You want to incorporate some training so that you get the most out of your setup. ..
What your showing me is larf in my book and goes into the hash pile

Stop by the thread and follow Itzdwoodduhh with his new setup..
Be like getting to take it for a test drive :)

chuey316

chuey316

I was looking at a couple Mars Hydro, Viparspectra, or GalaxyHydro, but I highly doubt that I would be able to keep the temps where they need to be without adding a heater, so I'll probably go with led for spring and summer for efficiency, and use a 600w hps for fall and winter for heat.

Would the affected buds be of any use for making cannabutter?

I'll check the thread out now, thanks.

Last edited:
chuey316

chuey316

Yesterday was 2 weeks of flushing. Debating on giving them a few more days and chopping to make run for the Cindy's I have started, and chalk it up to a learning experience.

chemistry

chemistry

Yesterday was 2 weeks of flushing. Debating on giving them a few more days and chopping to make run for the Cindy's I have started, and chalk it up to a learning experience.
Dry a bit out and give it a toke, may blow your bollocks off, you never know. Just a shame to waste the time and effort it took to grow, and at least you might get some thing back, in your first pic the plant looks the part.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I was looking at a couple Mars Hydro, Viparspectra, or GalaxyHydro, but I highly doubt that I would be able to keep the temps where they need to be without adding a heater, so I'll probably go with led for spring and summer for efficiency, and use a 600w hps for fall and winter for heat.

Would the affected buds be of any use for making cannabutter?

I'll check the thread out now, thanks.
sorry i didnt see your reply.
Once you use a 600 hps you will be very upset with any of them led you mentioned.
I ran a 600 in a spare bedroom in the summer, with just a 5000 btu Ac and it costed me about 60 to 85 per month that I ran 600 watt hps and 5k btu Ac...
In the winter, i just open the door to the room, and it helped keep my living area warm..
I know use 3 600 watters and I vent to a register upstairs in my living room, and I havent had to use my furnace yet! So that means that instead of paying for furnace i pay for lights to keep me warm, plus i get what the plants give me for free.. Now that is getting the most bang for your buck! And i run my lights at night when electric is cheaper. I have a 1500 sq foot house and 3500 watts worth of grow light/equipment. Ive never paid over 245. in a month...

20171117 225019
20171117 225032
20171117 225036
20171117 225047
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Let them sit in a dark cold room with out water for a few days..
That way you can get your cindys going..
And of course, dry and see what you think..
When I judge my stuff, i judge it as if I was buying it.

chuey316

chuey316

I found 1 leaf stem with mold, so I cut all the undeveloped buds put them in a paper bag to dry for the kief. Sure did open the plant up. Will probably end up with a zip, or a bit over.

The cindy's are in there now, and are about a week old, and 2 are at 3 set's of leaves. Gonna start to lst it in the next week. The 3rd plant was a slower germing seed, and is a really slow grower too, at 1 set of leaves, but still growing.

Gonna harvest this week as long as the small sample I took is good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom