Why Do My Plants Buds Look Like This?

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I found 1 leaf stem with mold, so I cut all the undeveloped buds put them in a paper bag to dry for the kief. Sure did open the plant up. Will probably end up with a zip, or a bit over.

The cindy's are in there now, and are about a week old, and 2 are at 3 set's of leaves. Gonna start to lst it in the next week. The 3rd plant was a slower germing seed, and is a really slow grower too, at 1 set of leaves, but still growing.

Gonna harvest this week as long as the small sample I took is good.
I thought It looked a lil mushy too,,'
I was just holding my tongue.
You prob should address your high RH problem by getting a dehuey and/or more air flow...
Just a recommendation. Sucked to make it to the finish line to lose it to mold... Esp the money it takes to do a run..

chuey316

chuey316

I harvested both of my plants last night. I was letting one go without water for a few days leading up. That plants buds got very soft, and no lie, I freaked out a little. My 1st thought was bud rot and I jumped the gun. I was ready to harvest either way, but after reading post about the same problem, and seeing that if I had given the plant some water, and waited a day that the buds would have more than likely hardened up again had me a little bummed.

All learning experiences. Now it's time to turn my focus to the cindys, and start lst'ing them soon, and deciding whether or not to top. Two have started their 3rd set. Did some ebaying too, and am able to get a 29" x 21 1/4" air cooled hood, a 600 watt adjustable ballast, and both hps and mh bulbs for $126.

chemistry

chemistry

Do the ballast, that's a good deal, and air cooled hood for the Summer. And would up your game.

chuey316

chuey316

Here's whats left after trimming the bad buds.

Plant pictured in this thread

My other Auto #1
Side branches

Cola

I hope they yield enough to get me to the Cindy harvest.

Last edited:
chuey316

chuey316

No smoke report, still curing. My humidifier stopped and the humidity dropped quite a bit. I did make some butter with the trimmings and underdeveloped buds. Had some on a couple pieces of toast at 7:30 last night, and was still toasted myself all morning.

guymandude

guymandude

nice looking buds. I wouldn't say they were "totally immature", there's decent swelling and the foxtailing is from being overfed slightly. next round with thsi strain i would give her a trim, drop your nutes by 24%.

how are you checking the trichs?

Leew421

Leew421

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt foxtailimg the result of the plant trying to cool itself off? I would say the temps got up in your area by that fact alone. Foxtailing happens when the plant stretches itself out in the path of warmth. Corrects itself in the environment. If the genetics are part of the foxtailing then the whole bud would be whispy and tailed out. Granted it can happen when the environment isn't that hot but that has nothing to do with nutrients.

guymandude

guymandude

i get foxtailing as a result of the nutes being too heavy on some strains i run. When i back the nutes off, they don't foxtail. just my personal experience. my flower room is very stable temp-wise. never over 76, never under 72

Top Bottom