Why Do You Guys Decarb If Using Fat?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

A souve cooker would sure do the trick ;) vac seal it and immerse it in exact temp water to decarb perfectly. I might ask for that for christmas. They are about 170 bucks for what i would need :D

My goal is an edible that is like 1 gummy strong. STRONG. The brownies are exactly where i like them. A nice 4 to 6 hours of mellow.

W

Wrathoftejus

A souve cooker would sure do the trick ;) vac seal it and immerse it in exact temp water to decarb perfectly. I might ask for that for christmas. They are about 170 bucks for what i would need :D

My goal is an edible that is like 1 gummy strong. STRONG. The brownies are exactly where i like them. A nice 4 to 6 hours of mellow.

I did 400mg in 4ml gummy bear molds. Try more like sleepin for 16 hours.

gwheels

gwheels

I put 3 oz in 2 cups of VG and 4 oz in 3 cups of coconut oil Good buds for half and the other half was sugar leaf and trim.

Hackerman

Hackerman

I use Sous Vide almost exclusively for decarbing. I decarb rosin in a beaker on a hot plate but any flower or ABV goes into the vacuum sealed bag and into the Souse Vide.

The nice thing about decarbing with Sous Vide vs oven decarb is the lose of terpenes when using an oven.

Since we are now acutely aware of the influence of the terps and the "Full Entourage", maintaining a full terpene profile is important in transferring the desired effects from the plant to the edible. About 90 minutes at about 180F for decarb.

Then, for infusing with coco oil or ethanol, the bag gets opened, the oil placed inside and re-vacuum sealed. Then, about 4 more hours at about 165F to fully infuse.

I used to add terps back into my edibles to determine if I wanted a "Pain", Party, or Sleepytime" edible. Now, I can use the natural terps from the pot.

I love Sous Vide for decarbing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom