Why is my plant's stem so weak?

• Thread starter PakiWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PakiWeed

Hey guys! My plant is about 3 and half weeks old and it's the only one that grown really slow at start and now it suddenly stretched soo much because my light was from asside not from top and the stem is soo weak that if i put my fan slightly towards it there comes a chance it will break :( Any advices? Thanks for all answers in advance!

IMG00039_20130409_0828.jpg

B

B.B. King

It seems to me that you need stronger light. Weak light causes plants to grow stretchy, and weak. Beyond that, a fan blowing gently on it will, in time, strengthen the stem. Silicate products will also fortify stem strength, but I really think that lighting is your biggest issue.

Grow well,
B.B.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Where are the nodes?? You need wayyy more light my friend, or it needs to be way closer

And take off the aluminum foil its not helping at all. That's some shit Ricky from TPB would do

P

PakiWeed

It seems to me that you need stronger light. Weak light causes plants to grow stretchy, and weak. Beyond that, a fan blowing gently on it will, in time, strengthen the stem. Silicate products will also fortify stem strength, but I really think that lighting is your biggest issue.

Grow well,
B.B.
Thank you sir! You too :D
Where are the nodes?? You need wayyy more light my friend, or it needs to be way closer

And take off the aluminum foil its not helping at all. That's some shit Ricky from TPB would do

Thanks to both of you for great advices! This is my first growth so I lack some of knowledge but learning hey! hehe :D
I have put alum. foil at very beginning as the light was not from top but asside and i thought it would mirror the light :S

What would be your suggestions I get more light bulbs as right now I only have one?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Go to htg supply. Com or something and get a cheaper efficient light. Like a p-tek t5 or something, that should be plenty if light for what you're trying to do

P

PakiWeed

Go to htg supply. Com or something and get a cheaper efficient light. Like a p-tek t5 or something, that should be plenty if light for what you're trying to do

Thanks! I have a problem tho, I aint from states and not sure if we got such store here but so I'll be able to get similar can you please explain me what kind of light this is? I searched google pics and it looks like few wide neon lights ?

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

10, 000 lumens per sq fr to mimic the suns intensity, as for watt, it depends on the usable spectrum and or the efficiency of the light. Order from htg a 2-4 bulb t5 fixure, dont get the 22w bulb fixture get the 40 something watt. You may have to pay xtra for shipping but when I was in pr it was my only choice, no hydro stores anywhere!

Top Bottom