Why One Plant In Half A Dozen Decides Not To Grow?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I'm growing 6 plants in a recirculating dwc hydroponic system and most things are fine. The issue I'm not understanding is, I'm growing three golden tickets and three blue dreams, one blue dream is completely stunted while everything else is growing much better. All the plants except for that one are already weaved into the scrog when the one that is stunted is just barely reaching out of the net.

1 month into grow from 10" clones
5x5x6 tent
6 pot recirculating dwc with Reservoir with hydroton.
60% humidity/68 degrees
30 on 45 off drip until in nutrient solution.
General Hydroponics base nutrients
1200ppm
5.8ph
Recirculating fan
To 400w Cobb Cree 3070 18" away going to be four of them at the end of the day.
Hydroguard
8 inch inline exhaust fan passive Inlet

That's everything I could think that you might need to know but I'm sure I'm missing something.

S

Shawnery

Is it discolored at all?
Nope

Besides size its the best looking one and it's considerable smaller than the biggest.

No rotation with scrog but once I have the 2 extra lights tonight it shouldn't matter.

S

Shawnery

Now that I read real quick about phenotype I get why and how it could cause this.

What I still don't get is how a growing environment can be so controlled across all plants but you can get one plant that is completely stunted and the rest are growing gangbusters.

I just wish there was a deeper answer that would satisfy my inquisitive mind.

I love learning and gaining knowledge!

Thanks guys!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

If you're growing from seed, then you probably just have a different plant. My white widows have two distinctly different phenos, one that is short and indica-ish, and one that is tall and lanky, sativa-ish. It happens when the strain is not stablized, which is true for most of the seeds you get. If you want them identical, gotta do cuttings from a single mother plant.

Dunge

Dunge

To review: all are clones, so phenotype is off the table.
Let's have some pics.
Could the different growth be accounted for by a single slow rooting.
Delayed rooting might propagate through the grow, always favoring the well rooted, especially if DWC.

S

Shawnery

Craziest thing from a noob point of view is the smallest plant has great roots while the bigger ones are still barely filling in.
In another thread it was decided that my General Hydroponics Base nutes where to rich. I didn't learn till later that the bottle dosage is to high for cannabis.
I was running 1200 ppm and now I'm running almost 900ppm. I was given 1.6 and 1.0 for EC so went near the middle with 1.4 EC.
I was running around 70% humidity and the last two days its dropped to 35%. I finally figured out to turn off the exhaust fan to raise it back up. They've reacted a little hostile to the quick change so hopefully they'll bounce back when the humidity picks back up.
What's the lowest humidity and temps you can get away with because it's cooling down quick here in the bay area?

20170922 200742
20170922 200734
20170922 131432
20170922 131403
20170922 131356

Latest posts

Top Bottom