Wicked Queen Test Grow 2015

• Thread starter 420circuit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420circuit

420circuit

Received seeds from Gravedigger today and put into a wet napkin. Saving 3 seeds aside in case I screw something up, so starting 7. The packaging is very nice. Shipping discrete and quick. Lets get this grow started! Going to put the seedlings into cups of Light Warrior soil for a week or so and then probably into NFT/hydro veg. May opt to use soil pots instead, depending how they look.:D
Wicked queen test grow 2015 Wicked queen test grow 2015 2
Thanks Gravedigger!

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Locked in bro still waiting for mine to get here so I'll be watching with eager anticipation . Some ultra wild genes in those babys and should be real hardy looking at there genealogy.

juniper

juniper

Subscribed!

Careful w/ the Light Warrior...I had a bag drop my tapwater pH to the 4's. It was almost as if the peat hadn't been buffered whatsoever.

I'm in the exact same boat as you w/ the Wicked Queen journal...check my signature. Best of luck, friend.

420circuit

420circuit

I have used LW for seedlings before and found that it is mild enough, but anything beyond a couple weeks was a problem because of lack of nutrients, but for that first week it worked fine. Never checked the pH since the plants grew well. No sprouts here yet, I moved the seeds into their cups after soaking for a day, should see something soon. Have yours germinated?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Have fun exploring!

If you don't mind me making a suggestion- My sprouts and clones always root better and respond much better to a 50:50 mix of light warrior and root original(or some other soil with nutrients). My roots are far thicker and more abundant when using this combo.

Can't wait to see what you find!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Have fun exploring!

If you don't mind me making a suggestion- My sprouts and clones always root better and respond much better to a 50:50 mix of light warrior and root original(or some other soil with nutrients). My roots are far thicker and more abundant when using this combo.

Can't wait to see what you find!
50/50 works for me, and i ended up taking them hydro!!!

juniper

juniper

I have used LW for seedlings before and found that it is mild enough, but anything beyond a couple weeks was a problem because of lack of nutrients, but for that first week it worked fine. Never checked the pH since the plants grew well. No sprouts here yet, I moved the seeds into their cups after soaking for a day, should see something soon. Have yours germinated?

I must have just gotten a bunk bag or something...most people I've talked to were happy with their Light Warrior. Yeah, it's practically nute-free. I've used Fox Farm stuff in the past w/ excellent results, though. I like their Ocean Forest cut w/ a little perlite. My 1st Cannabis grow project was with their nutes, and that turned out great (or at least I thought so).

4 seeds out of 7 have cracked so far, they've been sitting in wet paper towels on my HPS hood a little over 30 hrs as of this post. By tomorrow night I bet all seeds will have cracked. Faster than most, in my experience.

420circuit

420circuit

Last night 3 of 7 seeds broke the surface, probably delayed a bit because it is a little cool in the room, mostly 70s. About a week. These were good looking seeds, I think the shells are on the hard side, so a few extra days to crack is fine.WQ3 WQ4

420circuit

420circuit

Couple more seedlings emerged last night, 5/7 so far. I added an inch of additional LW soil to the cups with 2" sprouts, to support them as they develop. That's a good tip to pass along, starting seedlings in cups that are only half full of soil allows room to add soil as the little plants reach up, many times they stretch so far that they can fold over or uproot themselves, and they are too small to stake, so simply planning ahead by only filling the cup halfway allows you room to add enough dry soil, gently to the top around the sprout, so it is supported during the first couple weeks. Also, watering with a spray bottle works great during these first days, just water, no nutes or additives yet. After the seedlings are stronger I'll water with some mycorrhizal powder added to promote root growth, but they only stay in the cups for a couple weeks, so Light Warrior soil will feed them enough. Also, my tap water is not too far off so no pH adjustment needed during the cup stage. I know there are a ton of suggested methods to improve on this process, but keeping it simple has worked very well. Not trying to teach you master growers anything, just passing along a couple things that sometimes get lost in all the advice about growing successfully for the new gardeners. Oh, I also put the cover on the seedlings because the humidity has been low. Just need to make sure they don't dry out.:DWQ5 WQ6

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
looking good........im sure all seven will sprout, I just did a test pack on saturday and got all ten to sprout in just under 42 hours......maybe next time try a little more light and higher temps and you should have no problems in the future....and thanx again brother.......cant wait to see them blow up !!!!!........shamus

420circuit

420circuit

Looks like 5 is how many want to join the grow party, the 2 seeds that failed are probably because of the cooler temps in the grow room, but hey, the show must go on. Going to move into netpots or 1 gallon pots when they get better established, depending on space in the hydro rack. Planning to take clones also, so let's grow some fine cannabis!
WQ seedlings 3 3 15

420circuit

420circuit

After a couple weeks in Solo cups with Light Warrior soil, under a couple CFLs, it is time to up-pot to 1 gallon containers. I am using the last of the Ocean Forest soil in the bottoms, but mostly Mendo Mix. The first watering after potting is with straight water, room temperature, with some Gnatrol and mycos added. Leaving under the CFLs for a couple days and then moving to T-5s to grow some roots. My plan for these first testers is to veg for -4 weeks, take clones and then move to flower. I'll probably up-pot the females to 5 gallon pots to finish, let's see how they look after a few weeks in veg. Feeding will be light nutes alternated with tea. I picked up some Earth Juice Bloom for the females, going to go for flavor with this one.

Important to note that the seedlings are uniform in size and growth pattern and the nodes are very tightly spaced, so these should be relatively short. Looks great so far.:D
WQ7
WQ8

420circuit

420circuit

OK, I admit it, checked in obsessively, stoned, looking for some clue about the future, interested because, well, it is interesting, these plants are all good ones and the cross is likely to be excellent, but you never know, sometimes these things can hermie or something, but hey, this might be the next OG or Blueberry or something...

They all look great and are very consistent in structure. Looks like this will be a soil grow under 600W HPS. The 5 x 1 gallon pots will be reduced to whatever is female and put into 5 gallon pots. Should become clear in a couple weeks. At least that is the plan at this moment in time.:)

Diggin' this, my first "official" test grow. If I screw it up, I'll let you know.:D

420circuit

420circuit

Great place to mention why the avatar, the great wave off Kanazawa. It is a study in perspective, like why Mount Fuji looks small compared to the wave in front of the canoes. It describes how we sometimes face what looks like an insurmountable challenge, only to become aware of an inner strength, a hidden guardian angle power, that allows us to defeat the challenge. Mount Fuji is much more massive than the wave, but the wave looked big because it was in our face. We beat it down when we realized that it was small compared to Mount Fuji.:D

420circuit

420circuit

Today I discovered that the Mendo Mix soil came with a fungus gnat. My bug phobia went into full bloom so I removed everything from the veg area, sprayed it all with a nice coating of AzaMax, covered the soil with diatamaceous earth and added a top layer of sand to every potted plant.

The Wicked Queen plants were topped, tops placed into the cloner and the plants trimmed to remove all but 4 branches. They all look great, very uniform and growing nicely. Planning to veg for at least a couple more weeks in the #1 pots, will add Gnatrol to every watering and start feeding light nutes. Will move under T-5s as soon as there is room.

Just germinated an Afghan Blue seed in the red cup, unknown breeder, from a friend's collection.
WQ9
WQ10
WQ11
WQ12

Top Bottom