420circuit

420circuit

Day 38 update, looking good.
WQaa
WQaaa
WQa

420circuit

420circuit

Wicked Queen on flowering day 28 in NFT/hydro, looking good.
WQ30
WQ31

This plant likes to make lots of large buds generally aligned along the central part of the plant, which should make supporting them easier. Some strains will form buds on the tips of branches making support a lot more work. Not really seeing a difference between growing this in soil or hydro, it seems to like both equally. The real test comes in few weeks.:D

420circuit

420circuit

Interesting development overnight with the soil plants. This is day 45 of flowering under 600W. There are 3 WQ plants in the tent, these are what their buds look like today. One plant grows slightly larger buds than the others but otherwise the plants are very similar.
WQ32
WQ33

Did you notice in the first bud shot? Nanners. Just showing on 1 plant. I used tweezers to pull it off, hopefully this will be the only one to show up. The plant is cupping a couple of the upper leaves, like stress from heat curl, although it is over a foot from the open 600W lamp. I moved the light up a bit and will watch closely.
WQ35

WQ34
420circuit

420circuit

Update day 51, the 3 Wicked Queens are looking nice with good terp production and healthy buds. One of the plants is showing a few hermies, but the other two are clear. The upper leaf taco'ing is odd, have not seen it like this before, looking like heat sensitivity to the light. First pic is the herm bud and the next couple are of a very nice cola on a different plant, which is the one that I cloned and is doing fine. I am not culling the hermie, just picking off the nanners, hopefully it will be sterile. I like the bud development on this strain, hopefully the herm was an anomaly.
WQ36
WQ37
WQ38

420circuit

420circuit

Day 56 and 2 of the 3 come down as they are loading up with nanners, but the one that is not showing any nanners at all is going to stay under the light a little longer.

This an example of the herm'ed buds.
WQ39

And this is why the one without issues is going to keep going. While trimming the others I picked up an odd watermelon aroma, very pleasant and fresh. Should have a smoke report in about a week.
WQ40

420circuit

420circuit

Important to note that the buds with the nanners did not have any seeds, at least I couldn't find any while trimming. They are drying now, smoke report when dry.

Will update the hydro plants at their week 7, next week. No nanners have shown on the hydro plants, they are clones of the keeper pictured above.

420circuit

420circuit

This is hydro on day 52 of flowering. The buds look fine, no hermies on the clone of the keeper. I like the plant, big buds are always welcome in my garden. The nanners on 2 of the 3 plants in soil have me concerned that this line could use additional breeding to stabilize it. Really looking forward to the smoke test. That watermelon scent is tantalizing.:D
WQ42
WQ41

420circuit

420circuit

Day 63 and this soil plant is ready to harvest. About 75% cloudy trichs. I smoked a bong hit of the buds that are already curing and cannot report on the effect, because I dropped off to sleep 10 minutes later, still sitting upright in a chair.:D

Regarding Wicked Queen, grown indoors in soil:

Pros: Low aroma while growing, not unpleasant even while trimming, sort of watermelon flavor. The plants when topped in veg, produce huge buds and few leaves, so trimming is easy. The smoke quality seems to be very potent and a pleasant flavor. Not much stretch, great for indoor gardening.

Cons: Just one, I found a few 'nanners', although I have found no seeds on The WQs or the Goji that shared a tent, even after running 9 weeks, so they may be sterile.

The hydro plants are doing fine. I saved a cutting from the keeper and will try it again in soil. If you are considering this strain, my conclusion this that it is a connoisseur plant, great to grow as a special treat, but requiring a vigilant grower to keep any nanners picked off. I did see some taco'ing of upper fan leaves, but that may be a minor pH issue or heat sensitivity, not a growth problem. The aroma really is nice and a pleasant change from the usual skunk.
WQ43
WQ44

Top Bottom