Wife been diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses..help advise

• Thread starter jonnyonthespotaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
canadaseed

canadaseed

I have Tourette syndrome and it comes with tag-along disorders. I have a few that you described there. I can attest to ketamine being a very (antidepressive) in effects. It's a beautiful social lubricant. You cannot use Ketamine for a prolonged period because it destroys the bladder.

depression: (DNA-Chocolope) also gives boost of energy. AM usage
anxiety/stress: (PurePowerPlant) excellent sativa very zen and healing
sleep: (Northern Lights #5) smoke it 2 hours later beddy byess

Also if you can get some Psilocybin Mushrooms they are very therapeutic. Especially if you are her (sitter)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My youngest son is a Touretter. I had no idea we had any other Touretters here. Just physical tics, it's been a while since he's needed any of the pharmaceuticals. It's amazing watching the tics disappear after a hit or two. I wish I'd known when he was a youngster.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

angstrome magnesium to start with. Smoothed me out alot ! Some mms from jim humble ,5k vitamine d drops. 10000iu daily first month. Load up on spirulina . drink colloidal silver too . At least 5 grams a day.Drs kill , dont get on ssi ! Fucking quacks dont know shit about healiong. they do this thing called allopatic medicen . Symptom chasers . Go to naturalnews.com to elarn some stuff. Only she cant help herself.stay off drugs and aspartame . Only good would come from this...I used to be totally fucked with msa and came close to dying .im fine now. ha. Drs only offered me pain suffering and wishing death on myself daily as they wait for me to die . Some help buspar and celexa were .lol.I wish you the best of luck. As far as the cannabis. Have no idea .....

Last edited:
canadaseed

canadaseed

My youngest son is a Touretter. I had no idea we had any other Touretters here. Just physical tics, it's been a while since he's needed any of the pharmaceuticals. It's amazing watching the tics disappear after a hit or two. I wish I'd known when he was a youngster.
Interesting!! lol. I only have the physical tics as well with some vocal noises tho. At times I can get really bad 'ritual tics' or obsessive tics, similar to OCD. I got over those ones those they lasted a good 2 years... I researched the disorder a lot and the more i got to know about the more i was happy i had it, at least not a sever case. I find certain strains can aggravate my symptoms.. i find the 50/50 hybrids just kill me. But when i smoke a nice sativa i'm less tense from all the tics. I do find heavy indica's can lock me up even get me into a pattern of tics. But YES marijuana does have a marked effect on tics, can tell you right now. This is what it feels like to me, i still have the slight urge but for some reason the brain dosen't signal the tic... It's like with tourettes there's too much dopamine so it overflows the receptors leaking around touching other receptors and activating them for a moment. But the neurological effects of marijuana is what's stopping the overactive dopamine pathways. pretty cool plant imo!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, yes, he had those types of tics, too. Some tics that got him in trouble at school including touching people's butts, spitting, and counting steps. Would you be surprised if I told you that OCD runs in my family and one of my siblings is Dx'd with it (among other things)?

And here's the thing--I grew up with ticcing people, on my mom's side. She says they used to have competitions, she and her ticcy cousins, to see who could tic more and faster, just thinking it was a "thing." When I met my son's father, he did a chin-extension tic that three of my cousins do ALL the time, along with muttering, and I thought it was perfectly normal. Seems the poor kid got a double-whammy of Touretter genes, and so we're participants in a genetic study out of City of Hope in San Dimas (or wherever the hell it is).

Interesting that you've found some strains that aggravate symptoms, I've never observed that with my son. He hates that I know when he likes a girl (he's in his 20s now) because he's ticcing. :eek:

Given the behavioral issues and the pharmaceuticals that were used, entirely experimentally because the Rx's from the psychiatrists were 100% off label prescribing, given the physiological, psychological and behavioral effects some of these drugs had (Risperdal, anyone?), I feel horrible that I, as a pot-smoking mom, didn't have a fucking CLUE what this plant could have done for my son, starting from age 5 when he was Dx'd. It's a horrible feeling.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
cannabis is not a good long term medicine for depression,it will ultimately make it much worse....if anyone disagrees they are ignorant!

U wrong, it all depends on people. I have cured my self from Bipolar and depression using only raw quality and fresh organic:
Veggies
Fruits
Nutts
Fat Fish
Weed
and Water above 8ph.

This combine with a daily cardio exercise and yoga, is a powerfull way to kill any decease.
U need all kind of veggies in quantity. Eat them raw as much as u can too.
Don't forget to fast at least a day by week. Raw green veggies jus, combine to a gallon of water a day will load u up in menerals and eliminate a lot of toxins. Fat fish, avocado, eggs etc will bring u the omegas. The food u eat need to be the freshess and cleaness as possible. Make sure its local and organic.
Avoid meat as much as u can ! NO PORC OR BEEF ! ELiminate cereals from ur alimentation, as well as cow milk. So no bread ! No coffee, no alcohol, no tobacco. No pills, no chemical drugs. Not too much computer or TV screen.

Try to have regular contact with animals and nature. Do boat, bike, running, walk in forest, rivers, fishing, camping, read books, help people in need etc. Gratitude have healing power. Try to push ur self a challenge ! If u barelly do sport, try to do insanity training !!

IMO when doing this routine to cure bipolar, cannabis should be used only to meditate and relax at home, but never to go out or in a public and social environment. Preferabaly cannabis should be used safetly at home, in the night.

Follow this routine for 3 months, and u be amazed by the result...

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
sorry bro,my father is a highly respected psycologist,cannabis is especially bad for bi polar disorder.....and in many younger people it promotes it

diet,excersice,outdoor activities,certain natural roots and herbs..ie st johns wart,and mental stimulation are all good for depression...
\|

Sorry dude I don't know ur father, but often psychologist don't know shit about Marijuana. All they do best is push pills.
During my 10 years of been bipolar I had different degree, 1 to 2 with mix features too. I can tell you, there's only one way to cure it.

Else I just want to be sure u read my post:
"IMO when doing this routine to cure bipolar, cannabis should be used only to meditate and relax at home, but never to go out or in a public and social environment. Preferabaly cannabis should be used safetly at home, in the night. "

Meaning u're not suposed to smoke all day long. This is for adults people, not for teens or kids. But to say it's MJ that promote bipolar syndromes its a complet fraud lie, spread by psychologist cartels who know nothing about weed ! MJ just revealed u to ur self, that's all. It's this fucking system and his toxic life and food that promote all those new mental dissorders, not MJ.

canadaseed

canadaseed

Ah, yes, he had those types of tics, too. Some tics that got him in trouble at school including touching people's butts, spitting, and counting steps. Would you be surprised if I told you that OCD runs in my family and one of my siblings is Dx'd with it (among other things)?

And here's the thing--I grew up with ticcing people, on my mom's side. She says they used to have competitions, she and her ticcy cousins, to see who could tic more and faster, just thinking it was a "thing." When I met my son's father, he did a chin-extension tic that three of my cousins do ALL the time, along with muttering, and I thought it was perfectly normal. Seems the poor kid got a double-whammy of Touretter genes, and so we're participants in a genetic study out of City of Hope in San Dimas (or wherever the hell it is).

Interesting that you've found some strains that aggravate symptoms, I've never observed that with my son. He hates that I know when he likes a girl (he's in his 20s now) because he's ticcing. :eek:

Given the behavioral issues and the pharmaceuticals that were used, entirely experimentally because the Rx's from the psychiatrists were 100% off label prescribing, given the physiological, psychological and behavioral effects some of these drugs had (Risperdal, anyone?), I feel horrible that I, as a pot-smoking mom, didn't have a fucking CLUE what this plant could have done for my son, starting from age 5 when he was Dx'd. It's a horrible feeling.
touching people butt's lol that's too funny!!! I also have relatives in my family with tourettes, my dad has it (probably how i got it) and we have a lot of the same tics. I totally thought it ws normal growing up.. i was never Dx'd until 19 when i started getting bad tics at night and couldn't sleep. I kinda knew i had tourettes from my own research so when i went to the doctor i told him, 'yea i have tourettes' lol.. Sux your son was given pharms by the doctors.. western medicine has the wrong approach to so many disorders!! The best thing imo with tourettes is just awareness of the symptoms because at the end of the day it dosen't need medicating at all in most cases, just the severe ones do.. I was on benzodiazipines then ant-psychotics for awhile. But only because i wanted them lol... now i just like my weed :). There's nothing to feel bad about tho for not know at the time what medical effects marijuana has, i feel the same way about a close relative of mine who died of cancer and then a few months after she dies i find all this research on cannabis also oregano oil and fungal cleansing body pH... I always think to myself "i could have saved her, maybe." but now we know right!! We can help the next person who needs it.. it treats so many conditions! My dad tells me a lot about his cousins who had it too, one girl she had it really bad apparently with the screaming and everything.

canadaseed

canadaseed

AND WHAT IS YOUR DEGREE?
Dude chill out... just read up on the cannabinoid and endo-cannabinoid system.

Because no one here is even going to take the time to debate with you over the safeness of marijuana for treating mental illness.

Let's say i'm a Psychiatrist and patient (X) comes in... Bi-polar having a manic episode. If i dosed him/her with (1 gram) smoked you know that would be nuts, just nuts. That would be the wrong situation to administer marijuana. perhaps sedation would be a better option. You stabilize a patient, you get them on a low-active dose. Preferably CBD THC balance ratios, start small. We're talking about a plant/medicine that has neuro-corrective abilities. It's a treatment plan, some individuals react better to ingested oils, and over time that person may try vapor ingestion in the AM of a sativa for example if they are (manic depressive).

You say yourself herbs are good "certain natural roots and herbs..ie st johns wart" Well you wanna know why?!?! because of the terpene and phenol, flavonoid compounds. Such as Mercyne or d-limonene. Both of which are present in the marijuana plant. just search: 'd-limonene anti-stress'. Cannabis is GOOD for depression. Strain selection, resin ripeness, route of administration, dosage..

Cannabis is a herb that grows naturally on 6 continents and has been used for thousands of years as medicine and food. It's known as the sacred medicine.

For the record I don't even think scholars are looking in the right place. If Fungi hate to rot from bacteria, and plants hate die from bacteria or viruses. Us Humans, can we not ponder, the possibility that our mental health epidemic could be caused by a bacterial or viral infection inside the neuron network? We see Fungi helping Plants to protect themselves from herbivore attacks. Look we are using Plants and Fungi (psilocybin) to treat mental illness with results. Scientific results!

Supercharge

Supercharge

Hey buddy, maybe you should just chill out. So what if your dad has a degree is psychology? You really think that makes him an expert on the topic?

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

Hooo boyyy.... You both have a LOT on your plates. Good thing is that it's usually only the most intelligent people who are hit like this, and a good life can be lived.

The strains thing can be very individual, and I'm primarily a Sativa-dominant gal because I don't usually have problems going to sleep, my issues are pain control. I've worked with a schizophrenic and she found the greatest benefit from my strongest Sativas, and lemme tell ya I was kinda worried because she knows where I live and she's been known to do some crazy shit, plus she's like me, she's got Puerto Rican blood in her so...

I have found for manic depression and clinical depression ANY strain can really help, as long as it's NOT a Sativa-dom that was taken too early. This causes paranoia, so with the heavy Sats you really want to let them go until they can't go anymore (see my sig line on doneness). My oldest boy has depression and he does *not* like my Sativas, but then he's conditioned to OG Kush lines for the most part and has accused me of growing hippie weed, so I'm not sure what to tell you there. But with one of my sisters, who has severe depression, insomnia, and OCD, anything that helps her not drink and not require any other meds besides Zoloft is a good thing.

The Afghani-doms you don't have the concern so much with problems like paranoia, unless she's already prone to that.

With all that said... I'm not sure how well I can help you with strain selection, I'd have to go through the current offerings on the Bay to see what we have that would fit the bill for you. In the meantime, I do serve up great bump. :)

Just wanted to say thanks again to all the replies in this thread from everyone..I just ordered some uberdawg and romulan haze for my wife..I'm hoping the romulan haze can be her daytime smoke and the uber for nighttime..if the uber doesn't work out they r still great genetics so it's a win win..if it doesn't I was looking at Jimmy's SoCal s1..thank u again to all..love everybody here..it's like another family..peace all

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Some of the most intelligent people ive met have been crazier than a shithouse rat at times. I thought everyone had there own kinda internal "issues" They dealt with and the word "normal" was just a dream word folks used to describe shit they didn't understand. Talk about crossed wires eh?

F

friend

Recently my wife has been diagnosed with bipolar II, major depression, panic/anxiety disorder and insomnia..she has been on a many many different meds with little to no success..I have done some research on different strains and their medical properties with mixed reviews..I want to grow her medicine and help her through this struggling time as best I can..what I'm looking for is some serious input from people here on the farm with experience with this or has helped someone in a similar situation..my thoughts are for her depression and when she is feeling down I need to find a sativa that will not make her paranoid or get her anxious but needs to be that uplifting head high..for her panic/anxiety moments a nice mellow indica I think would suffice..for the bipolar aspect I'm thinking of some sort of nice hybrid of sativa/indica that she could regularly medicate throughout the day with..then a devastating indica to knock her down at night..any thoughts and input would be great..looking for 4 total strains to grow simultaneously..thank u again to everyone here on the farm..peace

Best wishes to you and your wife.
My #1 ATF strain for all my medical needs is
GRANDDADDY PURPLE (clone) especially for all
of my mental stress.
I also belive in eating well,excerise,plenty of rest, and
Some great sex dosen't hurt either :)

Blaze

Blaze

You need to be REALLY careful introducing any new medication that has possible mind altering effects, even cannabis. With bi-polar II, even something like caffeine, which is usually benign for most people, can have a negative mind altering effect.

Now there are many people on line that claim cannabis helps with bipolar II. However, based off my own first hand experience (my wife is also bi polar II) and the body of research I've read on the topic, using cannabis to treat it is rarely, if ever effective. In fact I have yet to personally see cannabis be effective for this type of disorder, nor have I seen any real scientific evidence to suggest that it works either. Not to say it might not help some people, as everyone's brain chemistry is different, but I would proceed with caution and skepticism. In my case, we tried many different strains, different delivery methods (edibles, etc) and none of it helped one bit. My wife is totally sober now, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, and that, by far, has had the biggest positive effect on her condition.

Even if cannabis does work for your wife, it is no substitute for sleep (single most important things for bi polar suffers IMO), eating well, and exercise. I wish you the best of luck, it can be a hellish experience hving loved ones go through something like this. Just remember there is no magic bullet for disorders like this; they can be managed, but there is no 'cure'.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Man oh man, are you right about the sleep issues!

I recently read an article that's suggesting more lithium-rich waters may be helpful for all forms of the disorder.

K

kolah

Has she been tested for heavy metals ( mercury, aluminum, etc)?

I bet she'd do nicely with some clean ol' skool' indica bubble hash.

Last edited:
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Ur best bet is seafood and omega 3 fish oil. A daily intake of 4 onces of seafood along with some strong concentrate EPA and DHA fish oil, will cure most of the mental disorders.

Studies on people living where they eat a lot of'seafood and fat fish have shown that there is less to none, case of mental disorders, while where they don't eat such foods, they have a huge rate of mental disorders such as bipolar or paranoïa ETC....

Cardio sport
raw organic vegies and fruits in salade
seafood and fish oil, along with fat fishes.
Drinking a gallong of alcaline water by day.

Trust me, Thats all she need.... With this daily diet, she will recover in a blink of a eye. Tell her to do try that for 90 days in a row, u won't believe how fast its working.

Of course doctors won't tell u that, they will rathe push her to buy and eat chemical pills, that won't help,at all, and hurt her liver, estomac etc... Which by the ends will make it worst.

See one of the studdies result here:
RESULTS:
Simple exponential decay regressions showed that greater seafood consumption predicted lower lifetime prevalence rates of bipolar I disorder, bipolar II disorder, and bipolar spectrum disorder. Bipolar II disorder and bipolar spectrum disorder had an apparent vulnerability threshold below 50 lb of seafood/person/year. The absence of a correlation between lifetime prevalence rates of schizophrenia and seafood consumption suggests a specificity to affective disorders.

CONCLUSIONS:
These data describe a robust correlational relationship between greater seafood consumption and lower prevalence rates of bipolar disorders. These data provide a cross-national context for understanding ongoing clinical intervention trials of omega-3 fatty acids in bipolar disorders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom