Wife been diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses..help advise

• Thread starter jonnyonthespotaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
epitome

epitome

I would identify triggers, and then minimize them. Everyone is different, so much to the point where we might expect that the world around us must do some changing aswell. I will not compromise by ingesting these mad scientist pharmacocktails.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would identify triggers, and then minimize them. Everyone is different, so much to the point where we might expect that the world around us must do some changing aswell. I will not compromise by ingesting these mad scientist pharmacocktails.
Identification of triggers is a good thing, however, my own experience with some people is that they may use those triggers as a bat with which to beat others especially when they're *not* on those "mad scientist pharmacocktails."

I'm going to use a family member as an example. This person has multiple Dx's including OCD and bipolar disorder (probably has a Dx along the BPD spectrum, but is smart enough to not tell the rest of us, but ISN'T smart enough to hide particular tendencies and personality traits from us) and their favorite line to use is, "You're antagonizing me! You know that this is a trigger and you're doing it on purpose just to antagonize me! You know how I get if I'm being antagonized!" And with that, all conversation about particular subjects is completely and entirely shut down.

Well, I grew up with this person and my take on things is a little different. Ok, so you've got a trigger. Why is it *my* job to worry about *your* triggers? Why do you get to beat me up because of your problem?

Sorry for the rant, but it really pisses me off to be made personally responsible for this person's moods.

epitome

epitome

I'm speaking for myself, as a person who has been labeled by the outside world as someone with "mental disorders", I minimize my own triggers. You may have interperted my statement as a suggestion to you as a "normal" person in the mix. And if it was, the world needs to change part, that's only if you wish to be in that "mental" persons orbit. As far as being personally made responsible, that's therapy 101, no one can "make" anyone "feel" responsible, responsibility is self imposed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, perhaps I'm not making myself clear. It's one thing to identify triggers, it's another thing to make other people personally responsible for "your" triggers (not you personally, the larger "you"). The person I'm referring to likes to shift blame onto others whenever it's convenient.

epitome

epitome

Ah, perhaps I'm not making myself clear. It's one thing to identify triggers, it's another thing to make other people personally responsible for "your" triggers (not you personally, the larger "you"). The person I'm referring to likes to shift blame onto others whenever it's convenient.
1. They want you to go away and you should.
2. They want you to think they are trying to push you away in order to pull you into thier orbit by disturbing your own gravitational pull. Still you should not interact with that person because they are 100% correct in you antoganizing them, in your reflection of their words.

Families or friends or communities in the past who have sent their "mental" peers away, we're partially correct in doing so, but not to these nut houses for them to be turned into lab monkeys. Most communities do not deserve the magnificant contributions of an indigo child or adult. They, will find their own way and do not be surprised if their way is much more gratifying then the "common" or "normal" persons way of living.

G

Greengrunt

Ocd is deff. A thing with tourettes. When i was a kid i couldnt go into the house untill i made 10 freethrows in a row.

Alison21

Alison21

Hi Marlee,

I saw many knowledgeable guy's replies to your thread. Be careful while giving medications to her. I think you are an ideal one like my husband... It seems like you loves and cares for your lady a lot. Praying for her speedy recovery. May God bless you both.

Top Bottom