Wifi Temp & Humidity Monitoring

• Thread starter iceberg8389
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iceberg8389

iceberg8389

i had been searching for something that would give me real time temp/humidity readings to my phone or that I could access thru a website. Grow stores near me had no suggestions aside from some overly advanced whole room control system that was like $1500. Not what I was looking for!! But...I FOUND ONE!! Acurite wifi temp/humidity sensor with main hub. $150 for the main hub and three sensors. It will report and record temp/humidity history so I can identify when the highs and lows happen, I can set alarms which will send me notifications right on my phone and to my email. I can export excel spreadsheets as well. It relays info every 5 min, and the range/connection has been perfect. No issues with it at all. They have an app which I posted a few screenshots for you to see. I have one sensor in my veg room and one in my flowering room.

Note: yes my veg room humidity is low, I know this. I’m going to be adding a humidifier in there soon!! Plants grow fine in that room as it is but should see faster growth once I increase that humidity also attached a pic of my flower room day 1 of week 5 for your viewing pleasure!!

Wifi temp  humidity monitoring
Wifi temp  humidity monitoring 2
Wifi temp  humidity monitoring 3
Wifi temp  humidity monitoring 4
3 balls

3 balls

Looks pretty cool. The Pulse think advertised on the right doesn't do the same?

iceberg8389

iceberg8389

Looks pretty cool. The Pulse think advertised on the right doesn't do the same?

Not sure never saw it on here or heard of it before until now. Looks like it does the same thing but $199 per sensor is a lot more expensive than this acurite system. But the pulse also measures light and VPD which is awesome. I may have to upgrade now!!!

iceberg8389

iceberg8389

Yep just watched a YouTube vid on the pulse...definitely better than mine lol but hey at least this is a cheaper option for someone who may be interested in it. But the Pulse is def designed specifically for grow rooms and the built in VPD calculator is badass. I will be upgrading to the Pulse very soon!!!

3 balls

3 balls

Yep just watched a YouTube vid on the pulse...definitely better than mine lol but hey at least this is a cheaper option for someone who may be interested in it. But the Pulse is def designed specifically for grow rooms and the built in VPD calculator is badass. I will be upgrading to the Pulse very soon!!!
Pulse has been on my wishlist for a while. I hope I didn't bum you out with buyers remorse bro.

iceberg8389

iceberg8389

Pulse has been on my wishlist for a while. I hope I didn't bum you out with buyers remorse bro.

Not at all man!! I am new to the site so never really paid attention to the ads as of yet. And my hundreds of google searches never came back with this “Pulse” in the results. I appreciate you letting me know!! I’m not gonna cry over $150 lol plus I could prob turn around and sell this setup for $100. All good man!!

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Sensor push was another option I considered but you need to buy the main hub plus the sensors separately so I went with acurite system since it seemed to do the same thing but for less money

FYI you don't need the hub for SensorPush, it's an optional feature. Without the hub, you can check the sensors when you're in Bluetooth range. With the hub, you can check the sensors from anywhere you have an internet connection.

I LOVE my SensorPush, for what it's worth. I've probably purchased 10 sensors over the last few years and I'm always finding new uses in the garden. One of my recent discoveries was sealing one in a couple ziplocks and dropping it in my cloner rez to monitor temps there...

iceberg8389

iceberg8389

FYI you don't need the hub for SensorPush, it's an optional feature. Without the hub, you can check the sensors when you're in Bluetooth range. With the hub, you can check the sensors from anywhere you have an internet connection.

I LOVE my SensorPush, for what it's worth. I've probably purchased 10 sensors over the last few years and I'm always finding new uses in the garden. One of my recent discoveries was sealing one in a couple ziplocks and dropping it in my cloner rez to monitor temps there...

Yeah I would really want the WiFi access so for me the hub was a necessity. This acurite system includes the hub and 3 sensors for $150.

Top Bottom