will flowers continue to ripen during flushing ???

• Thread starter bonerface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bonerface

Hi guys.

I have been looking all over the web for info in regards to bud ripening in the flushing phase but I have come up emptyhanded. I am moving out in the end of feb and that barely gives me 9 weeks of flower. I am growing 6 different strains and some take forever to mature. Im going to be forced to flush all of the plants at the 8 week marker, as a result giving one full week to flush.

If I start flushing with pure water or final phase will the plants still mature during this period ( will clear trichs still turn amber) or does that require the presence of bloom nutrients?

Really hope someone has some info on this. I swear im the first to ask this lol I looked everywhere!!

Thanks!

phenotyper

phenotyper

From my experience, buds marginally ripen even after being cut down, but I suspect this depends on a number of factors. For instance I cut my last dream queen with cloudy/clear trichomes and by the time it was dried, I inspected and found several amber trichomes which were not previously present. I would be interested in hearing others' experiences. I think it sounds completely reasonable because the plant continues its metabolic processes at a slower rate even when cut from the main plant. Also something to think about if you notice this phenomenon with a strain and harvest at 50% amber: you'll have more amber than you bargained for when it's finished.

B

bonerface

From my experience, buds marginally ripen even after being cut down, but I suspect this depends on a number of factors. For instance I cut my last dream queen with cloudy/clear trichomes and by the time it was dried, I inspected and found several amber trichomes which were not previously present. I would be interested in hearing others' experiences. I think it sounds completely reasonable because the plant continues its metabolic processes at a slower rate even when cut from the main plant. Also something to think about if you notice this phenomenon with a strain and harvest at 50% amber: you'll have more amber than you bargained for when it's finished.

Touche! Never looked at it that way. Im eager to see what everyone thinks, thanks!

Y

yodaddynukka

yes they still ripen during flush because even though the plants are flushing they are still uptaking the nutes left in the medium. even if it is minute.

B

bonerface

How about if using final phase, I use that once in the first day of flush to kill all the chems in the soil. Its supposed to stay in the soil as well over the next couple of waterings.

If you grow in hydro and empty your rez and fill it with nothing but ro water, will it still ripen for say two weeks? 0 nutes.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Hey, looking at your question again, I realized I kind of answered it but mostly missed the point.

The flowers will continue to ripen, because they will use all the mobile elements available in the plant that have not been consumed. Here's some more advice: However, two weeks at 0 RO is a long time without food. My heavy feeding plants would use up all their reserves in about half that time, maybe sooner if I hit them with gravity or snow storm ultra. I would cut your nutes to about 1/3 and run that for a week and measure the PPMs daily to see how they are affected. The last week, run some clearing solution through, and then RO water for the last few days.

But this isn't strict advice. You need to see how your plants react and look. Likely, you want all the nitrogen to be used up, which will be indicated by your leaves turning yellow and crispy, which will mean they are close to done, I try to time this to be a couple of days before I chop. Monitor the trichomes as well, which will be a better indicator. They will continue to change, and probably rapidly during this phase. Make sure to not stick to hard deadlines and adapt as the plants tell you what they need and finally when they are done.

S

StealthBomb

The purpose of flushing is to allow the plant to have the time to use up most of it's stored energy reserves without taking up more nutrients. flushing solutions help to break up salts in your media which allows you to remove the excess nutrients quicker. so by using a flushing solution to "clean" out your media you are hastening the flushing process. Plants will continue to metabolize nutrients during the flushing process and thus will continue to ripen

T

Trailprkgal

How many times can u use Clear? Just water in between? I really need to chop them soon! Is it bad to rush this process? My trichomes are telling me they are Done

Monster762

Monster762

I think they definately ripen during flush. No science just in my little experience a few days into flush I always see more pistils start turning and had trichs go pure amber while flushing for 2 weeks.

Monster762

Monster762

How many times can u use Clear? Just water in between? I really need to chop them soon! Is it bad to rush this process? My trichomes are telling me they are Done
Just noticed This an old thread. No details on your grow so idk. A flush is a flush.strip nutes let the plant eat itself. How long you been flushing water? What are you growing in. Are plants fading? Leaves dropping.

T

Trailprkgal

Just noticed This an old thread. No details on your grow so idk. A flush is a flush.strip nutes let the plant eat itself. How long you been flushing water? What are you growing in. Are plants fading? Leaves dropping.
Thanks for the reply lol
Growing in soil
First indoor grow...
Someone put it in my head my Ghost Train Haze would take 9-10weeks flower
So Day 49 I dug our my Loop
And realized they were pretty much done... I have one Blue Dream I thought would be done first, but it has 2 weeks give or take at this time...
I am at Day 54 FloweR
MY trichomes are turning Amber now...
I flushed last night with Clear
MY question...
How many time should I use Clear?
MY runoff was 1200 ppm on some, should I run clear through after soil dries, or just ph'd water?
Just read about 2 weeks is too long to flush.. 3-5 days at best?
Should I flush till my ppm runoff is 50?
Thanks!

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks for the reply lol
Growing in soil
First indoor grow...
Someone put it in my head my Ghost Train Haze would take 9-10weeks flower
So Day 49 I dug our my Loop
And realized they were pretty much done... I have one Blue Dream I thought would be done first, but it has 2 weeks give or take at this time...
I am at Day 54 FloweR
MY trichomes are turning Amber now...
I flushed last night with Clear
MY question...
How many time should I use Clear?
MY runoff was 1200 ppm on some, should I run clear through after soil dries, or just ph'd water?
Just read about 2 weeks is too long to flush.. 3-5 days at best?
Should I flush till my ppm runoff is 50?
Thanks!
In soil it takes time to flush. Me I start with a full flush. At least a gallon weather for gallon pot size then I run 2 weeks. I have tried flawless finish which is a flushing agent probably like clear but it’ll strip soil mostly plant still needs to eat stored nutes. Your leaves should yellow out and plant just about die in the pot. See how everything has faded. That’s because there is no nutes now. Chop in a week or so.
8C388616 D4AF 4CEC 8DBD D6D91241FDD5
5E3C1FC5 ACED 4904 9A32 5517D8265BE2
D6FBE346 A40F 48A0 905F 0F4925186901

DGP

DGP

I have a similar question....I am 3 weeks from where they should finish but already seeing cloudy trichs and leaves showing Fall colors and starting to turn crispy.

I am in hydro growing a sorted pheno. 750ppm of Jack,s at an NPK ratio of 1.1.2. Ph 5.8....temps 75 day 68 night humidity day 55%. The plants dont look bad buds still swelling, pistils browned. I always struggle to figure out when these girls are finishing because they dont get amber trichs pretty much ever.

Dee

T

Trailprkgal

Yea and without seeing trichs I’d say you’re there. And you’re fading now. Looking good. I also try not to water the last couple days
I just think storing water in the plant makes dry n cure harder.
I agree

Latest posts

Top Bottom