Will My 600watt Led Light Be Enough?

• Thread starter FOURMOST
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FOURMOST

FOURMOST

Hello everyone,
First off, yes I'm n00b af to growing, in fact I will be growing for the first time ever in a couple weeks but I want to make sure I do this right or as best I can. Anyways I will post an introduction thread in the appropriate section of the forums to list my setup and stuff but for now I have a light question.

I have a 2 x 3 x 5 grow tent and I will be growing 2 Auto Blueberry kush in it. I was initially planning on getting two 300W VIPARSPECTRA lights but I went for the 600W because, if the gods allow it, I'm planning on growing more than two plants after this "test grow", so I figured I would eventually end up needing 1000W+ so the 600W made sense to me.

Do you guys think 600W is too much or not enough? Should I add a 300W in there for flowering or would that be overkill ? Im after Yield, Please help me out. Thank you.

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Well, if I were you, I would get two 600w dimmable, air cooled HIDs. You can go to Zenhydro.com and get them for super cheap. I say go this route because in veg you can dim one light back and then turn it back up in bloom... I say get two because your talking about getting one 1000w after the learning curve and two 600s is more efficient and has better coverage area.

MW7945

MW7945

Well, if I were you, I would get two 600w dimmable, air cooled HIDs. You can go to Zenhydro.com and get them for super cheap. I say go this route because in veg you can dim one light back and then turn it back up in bloom... I say get two because your talking about getting one 1000w after the learning curve and two 600s is more efficient and has better coverage area.

Two 600w hid in a 2x3x5?

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

No, one. I said two because you said you would probably go for a 1000w later on. 2 600s better than 1 1000

MW7945

MW7945

No, one. I said two because you said you would probably go for a 1000w later on. 2 600s better than 1 1000

HID watts and LED watts are different. Most cheap leds pull a number out of their ass. It's about true watts, spectrum and efficiency when it comes to LED

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

HID watts and LED watts are different. Most cheap leds pull a number out of their ass. It's about true watts, spectrum and efficiency when it comes to LED
Oh my fault. I didn't notice we where talking about LED. I have no experience with them... Please disregard lol

FOURMOST

FOURMOST

Given the tent space and being that I already done goofd with a 600wat LED should i just get an even spectrum and go for another 600watt and run the tent with 1200watt ?

MW7945

MW7945

Given the tent space and being that I already done goofd with a 600wat LED should i just get an even spectrum and go for another 600watt and run the tent with 1200watt ?
another 600w vipar? No. Don't buy any more blurple LED lights.

Top Bottom