2. How old are your plants? Day 10 of flower
3. How tall are your plants? 1.5' to 2.5'
4. What type of hydro system are you using? current culture
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? CleanGrow
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.8
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? 225
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? 860
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 67
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Not really
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? Not really
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 8x 630 lecs 5040 total watts
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 2' to 3'
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Lights on about 78° lights off about 67° humidity around 65%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No
18. How much experience do you have growing? Not enough

So I'm having an issue with my plants. I thought at first it was heat stress bc I had them vegging under a 630w lec on a flood table and I think that was too intense but about 10 days ago I transferred them into the Current culture buckets and flipped them but now they are looking worse and the roots are getting brown. Any advice on what I can do to save them?
Wilting plants in current culture
Wilting plants in current culture 2
Wilting plants in current culture 3
Wilting plants in current culture 4
Wilting plants in current culture 5
Wilting plants in current culture
Wilting plants in current culture 2
Wilting plants in current culture 3
Wilting plants in current culture 4

Sonnyhad

Sonnyhad

I just started, so I'm watching to see what happens, hopefully you get some help!

DGP

DGP

I am running a DIY UC system that works exactly the same and I can't use more than 550 to 600 ppm or I see burn. The ppm I am using is half the recommended dose that GH calls for. Seems that the plants don't want as much in UC.

Also, I wonder why you say your roots are brown when water temp is 67.....how does the water smell?

Dee

S

Shawnery

When I locked out my roots from over-feeding my plants, only tiny transplant clones, looked pretty similar to yours. Especially the top new growth looks like twins to mine.

I don't run your system, mine's a RDWC, but they seem similar in concept. I ended up flushing the entire system and let it run with just ph' d water for a couple days. You should see small amounts of ppm rise from cleaning out the system. At this point you should empty the system again and refill with lower ppm solution. I skipped the last step and just adding nutrients to the flushed system. One day later new roots exploded out of my net pot.

I'm as new as new can be and someone will probably point out that I'm way off so take it for what it's worth.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Whoa. Besides way to much on the nutes, you should top your plants as well for better structures

DGP

DGP

How do they look right now? The initial picture is getting a little old.....any improvement or changes?

Dee

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

@Shawnery Probably wouldn't stress them out anymore than they are. Honestly if they we're my plants, I'd cut them down and start fresh. It's going to take awhile for the plants to recover and the structures aren't great anyways. You could grow new plants out faster by the time these getting growing halfway good again. If I decided to keep these plants yes I'd top them to grow the back out.

P

PaulBunyon

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clone
2. How old are your plants? Day 10 of flower
3. How tall are your plants? 1.5' to 2.5'
4. What type of hydro system are you using? current culture
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? CleanGrow
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.8
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? 225
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? 860
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 67
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Not really
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? Not really
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 8x 630 lecs 5040 total watts
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 2' to 3'
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Lights on about 78° lights off about 67° humidity around 65%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No
18. How much experience do you have growing? Not enough

So I'm having an issue with my plants. I thought at first it was heat stress bc I had them vegging under a 630w lec on a flood table and I think that was too intense but about 10 days ago I transferred them into the Current culture buckets and flipped them but now they are looking worse and the roots are getting brown. Any advice on what I can do to save them?View attachment 781186 View attachment 781187 View attachment 781188 View attachment 781189 View attachment 781190 View attachment 781190 View attachment 781186 View attachment 781187 View attachment 781188 View attachment 781189 View attachment 781190
860 ppm? Holy fuck! Talk about walking the green mile!!!
Get new clones and start over, 450 ppm with 1.0 lph and 375 ppm with 1.5 lph

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

What ph meter are you using?
What was the veg ppm vs flower ppm of your water?
Are your nutrients part A and B or something else?

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

First tell us what exactly is going into that system. Secondly, do you have a water chiller? 250 ppms definitely is going to have an impact on how much you can put in. Dude up here has 1500 ppms, granted the grow looks great, your grows are not comparable. If you’re getting sludge and brown roots you need to back off your feed. My take is you put too much of one part of those a/b nute lines and now your plants are locked out. I’m also thinking you probably rapidly increased their Ppm thinking ok it’s flower it’s time to boost but it doesn’t work like that, everything is gradual, and you gotta take steps not skip five stairs at a time

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

First tell us what exactly is going into that system. Secondly, do you have a water chiller? 250 ppms definitely is going to have an impact on how much you can put in. Dude up here has 1500 ppms, granted the grow looks great, your grows are not comparable. If you’re getting sludge and brown roots you need to back off your feed. My take is you put too much of one part of those a/b nute lines and now your plants are locked out. I’m also thinking you probably rapidly increased their Ppm thinking ok it’s flower it’s time to boost but it doesn’t work like that, everything is gradual, and you gotta take steps not skip five stairs at a time
Also they’re kind of so far gone, cut your losses and make gradule increases to your next grow

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

Exactly my thoughts

My take is you put too much of one part of those a/b nute lines and now your plants are locked out. I’m also thinking you probably rapidly increased their Ppm thinking ok it’s flower it’s time to boost but it doesn’t work like that, everything is gradual, and you gotta take steps not skip five stairs at a time

M

Mids4lyfe

I went ahead and cut these plants down. I was following the cleangrow feeding chart and that's where it said my ppms should be at. Maybe next time I'll start with way lower nutes on the first week or two of flower? I do have a chiller not sure what it was set to at the time, probably around 65ish. Sorry for the late response I just saw all the comments.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I went ahead and cut these plants down. I was following the cleangrow feeding chart and that's where it said my ppms should be at. Maybe next time I'll start with way lower nutes on the first week or two of flower? I do have a chiller not sure what it was set to at the time, probably around 65ish. Sorry for the late response I just saw all the comments.
Best thing to do is cut that amount in half and it will work. I’m sure everyone at first was a non believer and didn’t want to starve the plant, bu and their specs are way too high so you have to purchase more.

Top Bottom