Winter Flip With Mother Nature

• Thread starter Rcubed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

Hey, when you did your seed run did you just let the pollen spread naturally or did you take a brush and hand pollinate?
I moved the dude back into veg tent a few days after he started showing and let him swell up then I took a few sacks that looked about ready to bust and plucked em carefully then crushed between my fingers and dusted the lower buds with my fingertips,lmao I know definitely not the best method and I won't do it that way the next time,I forgot to mist after I dusted em too and some of the other buds had a few seeds too but the bottoms were fully seeded for most part. Luckily none of my other girls caught any pollen due to the way my fan blows and where the pollen receivers were.

Rcubed

Rcubed

I think literally 2-3 pollen sacks created just over 200 seeds from 2 different plants maybe only 18 inches tall.
Awesome. That helps me. This is my first seed run and I'd like to make it as productive as possible. How long did you wait on the girls before you dusted? Mine are just infant buds. Here they are just before I tucked them in for the night.
IMG 20180412 173445

K

kansabis

Awesome. That helps me. This is my first seed run and I'd like to make it as productive as possible. How long did you wait on the girls before you dusted? Mine are just infant buds. Here they are just before I tucked them in for the night.
View attachment 792138
They got dusted around 4wks into flower and I let them go around 9wks or so before I harvested,mainly cuz I had some bud I wanted to salvage from them too,if you are justed looking to get seeds from plant,let it go til the seeds are basically popping outa husks and the plant is looking beyond its prime. And ideally i shoulda probably dusted em around 3wks or I'd within the week they form all their hairs/budsites.

Rcubed

Rcubed

They got dusted around 4wks into flower and I let them go around 9wks or so before I harvested,mainly cuz I had some bud I wanted to salvage from them too,if you are justed looking to get seeds from plant,let it go til the seeds are basically popping outa husks and the plant is looking beyond its prime. And ideally i shoulda probably dusted em around 3wks or I'd within the week they form all their hairs/budsites.
Thanks, I'll do that. I won't need any bud from these. Maybe I'll make some icewater hash with the scraps but that's about it.

K

kansabis

Thanks, I'll do that. I won't need any bud from these. Maybe I'll make some icewater hash with the scraps but that's about it.
You should still get some decent quality trim,etc. Both my plants were still very frosty and the bud/top cola I've vaped from each has been potent enough and great taste.

K

kansabis

I think the next time I do selective pollenation,I will dust all buds except top cola/s or whatever and harvest those as usual,then let the seeded bud go however long as needed,maybe even see if reveg after that is possible???

Rcubed

Rcubed

You should still get some decent quality trim,etc. Both my plants were still very frosty and the bud/top cola I've vaped from each has been potent enough and great taste.
Yeah I usually can't keep myself from at least trying it out. LOL
Hey have you started any of your home made beans yet?

K

kansabis

Yeah I usually can't keep myself from at least trying it out. LOL
Hey have you started any of your home made beans yet?
I sure haven't,88 from plant1 and 128 from plant2,I hope to do a run of one or both later this year or next year,it will be a small solo cup run with around 36 at a time,I haven't worked it all out how I wanna do it and what purpose I wanna give it yet lol

Rcubed

Rcubed

I sure haven't,88 from plant1 and 128 from plant2,I hope to do a run of one or both later this year or next year,it will be a small solo cup run with around 36 at a time,I haven't worked it all out how I wanna do it and what purpose I wanna give it yet lol
I'm in for following that when you get it going!

K

kansabis

Deep down I'd really like to work the cross a bit but I don't have the space or time to really do that and i have so many other beans to pop,not to mention I have yet to root a clone so that is top priority atm,I might even just give em to a seedbank as freebies or spread em out,I really don't know yet lol

Rcubed

Rcubed

Deep down I'd really like to work the cross a bit but I don't have the space or time to really do that and i have so many other beans to pop,not to mention I have yet to root a clone so that is top priority atm,I might even just give em to a seedbank as freebies or spread em out,I really don't know yet lol
You'll get the clone bit. Once you dial it in you'll be good. I get about 85% success with clones. When I've had failures it usually was about not having them warm enough. I used to root em without even doing any rooting hormone or worrying about exposing the stem to air. I used to take a 3' beer cooler and lay a t5 over the top on 24hr light and put the clones straight in soil. Rarely had it go wrong.

K

kansabis

Yeah with dialing in my clones and having more space I would be able to do alot more things I want,and if I could grow outside that would be a game changer,especially with a greenhouse setup.

K

kansabis

I think my problem is not leaving them alone until I see roots pop out,I pull em outa dome 3-7 days after cut and put em in tent thinking they need to be on some kind of light schedule and they end up drying out or wilting then dying on me.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Ok, Berry Bomb male did his thing and the girls are in foal.
Here's the male before I collected some pollen to freeze and chopped him
IMG 20180411 164145

The broodmares makin beans
IMG 20180426 162204 2

IMG 20180426 162127

IMG 20180426 162252 2

IMG 20180426 162101 2

Looks like I'll get all the seeds I need. Hopefully they're good. I'll pop some of these in the fall.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Here's the girls now.
IMG 20180501 162534

The girls in the small pots are a little hungry and consuming the fans but since its a seed run I'm not worried.
IMG 20180501 162647

Rcubed

Rcubed

Turn the page to outdoors. Here's the OD grow so far. White Widow on the left, GG4 on the right. Not sure of the 2nd from the left. I thought it was GG but I dropped the seeds in my seed Tupperware and I think it mixed with a couple of Berry Bomb and White Widow seeds that had come out of their packs. Amateur move I know. I suspect it's Berry Bomb because it's structure is like the Berry Bomb male I had a couple months ago. Also I have a Mystic Bomb seedling (Berry Bomb x Blue Mystic) that I put in after yanking a Northern Lights male.
IMG 20180602 135441 2

Rcubed

Rcubed

Update from the winter flip plants. I smoked some of the winter flip Big Bud yesterday. I hadn't bothered because it seemed light and airy, doesn't look like much, and I have plenty of my fall crop left, but damn I think it's better than the fall crop. Not sure how that's possible, but two good rips put me on my ass.
IMG 20180607 195531 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom