Winterizing, During Final Evap Weird Things Happen....

• Thread starter glegree
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

glegree

So I am not really sure what I did.

Started out dissolving 2.5g "extract" (illegal state so who knows, all I know is I want to clean it up for carts) into everclear, freezer, strained directly onto silicone mat inside pyrex dish(was trying to think less waste cause limited testing product) I left it sitting to evap at room temp with screen covering to keep dust out and slight air movement. I come back to what looks awesome, 90% evaporated, clear, yellow, nice looking. I then started to remove the silicone mat from the dish to a hotplate on low (under 100F) as I did the little bit of milky water that had not evaporated(not sure if milky from the little water in the everclear or if I picked up some extra moisture from the freezer) either way I spilled that milky-ness into the pyrex dish, went ahead and poured any remaining liquid into the dish and set it aside. I started scraping the evaporated "shatter" from the outside to still damp oily consistancy in the middle where the water had previously been. I added a little fresh everclear to the milk to get it all out of the dish and transferred to a shot glass(filled it about half) and placed that on the hot plate to evaporate. So, while trying to tighten up the winterized product, it turned super green and thick, almost like rubber (weighed like 1.6g). Pissed off I started cleaning up and noticed the shot-glass, all the milky water had evaporated and left a beautiful amber oil. (or course I didn't realize that it was more than a thin layer (prob close to .7g)till it was scooped up on the top of my soapy fingernail.

So,
What happened? why did I end up with what looked like green plastic in one hand and nice oil on the other?

(sorry i'm tired and have been thinking about this for a while)

patchgrower

patchgrower

either way if you have something that looks like green plastic coming out of your oil.something is very wrong. don't smoke that .in my experience anytime i ended up with what looks like an unknown substance that does not look right , better turf it and try again.was it just straight everclear that you used?i used everclear last time and i really liked it ,better than iso as it's cleaner.also have to ask , what do you mean by extract. did you extract oil from weed to make this extract or what exactly is it?

G

glegree

what exactly is it?
BHO or QWISO. Removing significant amounts of waxes from small amounts. Basically turns to peanut butter after a few days at room temp. Crystallizes and becomes un-vapeable in a cart.

patchgrower

patchgrower

sorry dude . this is probably above my pay grade . i thought you were talking about oil. not bho and i,m probably not the guy to talk to .

Latest posts

Top Bottom