Winterwondergrass

• Thread starter Smoking Gun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NHWhites

NHWhites

This is the first I’m hearing of it. Wish I would’ve known sooner. Pretty decent lineup too

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

This is the first I’m hearing of it. Wish I would’ve known sooner. Pretty decent lineup too

Yeah, I have been an RRE fan almost since the band started and with the passing ofbAndy I wasn't going to miss this show. Ibamalso a huge Keller fan and my girlfriend has gotten into him too, so we decided as a holiday gift to each other a long weekend getaway was in order.

NHWhites

NHWhites

Enjoy the show and report back on what the highlights were. RRE is great and so is Keller. I like the Stringdusters as well. Greensky is my favorites jam grass band

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ok, so home and settled. The whole weekend was a blast; met some awesome people, drank some good drinks and listened to some awesome music. I am certainly hoping this becomes a yearly event.

Its kinda tough to pick any one highlight from the festival. RRE closing out the festival was amazing but bittersweet. As I said before I have been listening to RRE since the beginning so not seeing them with Andy was kinda rough to begin with, something felt kinda off, incomplete. Danny Louis from Gov’t Mule was sitting in with them on keys but I have to say it didn’t quite fit. After 3 songs or so they brought up Charlie Rose and that something that was missing seemed to fade and they really began rocking out.

Keller and the Keels was amazing as well; they played almost everything I wanted to hear. I hope they do some touring together because I would love to see them again, and for two sets.

Some of the smaller bands were great too, particularly the Kitchen Dwellers and the John Stickley trio. Billy strings was a good time also. Jeff Austin band really rocked it. They played Boatman to finish out their first set of the day and the whole tent, particularly myself, went nuts. I am definitely going to see them the next time they are in my neck of the woods.

I was however a bit disappointed with Fruition, they have gone far too much to the pop side and the bluegrass roots that made their music so enjoyable for me is getting lost. I am glad I caught them at the festival rather than spending money on tickets to see them specifically.

There was a vendor of CBD products there called Saving Grace Oil. They offer a balm and several strengths of extracted liquid. Both products work quite well, I have been using the samples of the balm on my lower back with noticeable results. I am hoping they expand their distribution into my home base.

We also to try a drink called switchel from a brand called Up Switchel Mountain. I had never heard of switchel before the fest but it is a spiced ginger based drink similar to cider but with that ginger warmth. My girlfriend and I both quite enjoyed it and I would definitely recommend it to anyone, particularly warmed in the winter. They made some of the switchel into hot toddies, which was very good.

It was such a great weekend, but I think I hit all the real highlights. Though as I reflect further a I am sure other moments will likely feel like highlights.

Top Bottom