Wishbone’s Outdoor - Round 2

• Thread starter Wishbone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kenny28

kenny28

Can I just put that im not teying to give info to growers im only saying what I do thats all.... n no never done it never grew outdoors before never grew autos before ao was gonna dig a hole not sure how deep or wide fill with my own compost amend it with good soil n whatever else ill need at the time.. itlle be next year I grow outdoor I didnt think of toxins from tires mate thats a good point thanx for that im not the sharpest knife in the drawer lol n for price of auto seeds at £3 for the cheapest whats there to loos in trying im new to growing done two pheno grows two years ago under cfls pointless lol now two indoor auto under 600 hps in soil long way to go but learning

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Can I just put that im not teying to give info to growers im only saying what I do thats all.... n no never done it never grew outdoors before never grew autos before ao was gonna dig a hole not sure how deep or wide fill with my own compost amend it with good soil n whatever else ill need at the time.. itlle be next year I grow outdoor I didnt think of toxins from tires mate thats a good point thanx for that im not the sharpest knife in the drawer lol n for price of auto seeds at £3 for the cheapest whats there to loos in trying im new to growing done two pheno grows two years ago under cfls pointless lol now two indoor auto under 600 hps in soil long way to go but learning

No judgement. I'm all about repurposing things and I truly don't know. I do know that people who work in tire factories can get poisoned by creosote or can get cancer, but I have no idea how stable it is or if any still exists in tires. I'm a novice as well. This is only my second season of growing my own plants. I don't think I'll ever quit learning. There soooooo much to learn and new information all the time. I started my girls under COBs this year. I love em. Only 265watts was easily growing 12 seedlings and I'm sure can handle 6+ plants to harvest. Going to try starting a tent grow with some clones I'll re-veg off my current outdoor plants.

kenny28

kenny28

I didnt mean to come across arsey another member thort I was giving bad advice but wasnt giving any cos im not up there to give any lol I didnt think of that at all was just another idea of a raised bed as such... thanx for heads up better to turn £3 into smoke rather than nothing at all ao apreciate that bit of advice mate cheerss think ill use good old wood frame lol

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

I had to chop another plant a few days ago, which is a bummer as it was one of my favorite looking plant, I think this girl, um dude, was a Mob Boss and was showing some awesome Sativa genetics that were really appealing, very skinny 9 and 11 finger leafs, and short compact build. He took way longer than all the other to show his junk, which I think is even more indicative of the Sativa genetics. Bummer. I don’t have the space to flower him out unfortunately, so just chopped him instead of harvesting his genetics.

View attachment 823042 View attachment 823043

Nice read Wishbone. Will continue to follow to see end results. Lookin great!!

Wishbone

Wishbone

Not sure yet im doing a big bud auto and a black sugar rose auto now both at week 5 from seed ill pop some pics up soon I like the sound of the blackberry gum just sounds delicious see how these turn out I may grow them again im thinking of using two car tires as the pots for next years outdoor n my own compost nothing special just garden waste I will amend it before planting sorry for going on n on lol

Interesting, not sure about the tire as junk pointed out but everything else sounds good! Haven’t researched autos much yet, but I don’t want to bother with ones that are going to put out less than an ounce, running them outdoors I have all the space and time, just need to find something that has a bit more yield potential.

kenny28

kenny28

Yeah fuck the tires useless thort ha.. autos will be early smoke waiting for ya photos maybe two harvest before photos not 100% on that tho be following your grow tho so all the best mate

F

FutureGrower

Is there a particular reason most outdoor guys don't plant into the ground? I've seen gardens that are beautiful and clearly have great soil still go wit a fabric pot to grow cannabis with. I suppose it's just a way to create a little extra control?

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with some u.s. or Canada manufactured felt pots (some from Asia have apparently been found with heavy metals that will kill your plants and can't be healthy even if it grows)

Wishbone

Wishbone

Is there a particular reason most outdoor guys don't plant into the ground? I've seen gardens that are beautiful and clearly have great soil still go wit a fabric pot to grow cannabis with. I suppose it's just a way to create a little extra control?

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with some u.s. or Canada manufactured felt pots (some from Asia have apparently been found with heavy metals that will kill your plants and can't be healthy even if it grows)

Personally, I like the ability to move them around, if needed, I moved my pots almost daily this summer as they were getting bigger trying to get the most light to each plant. Now that I have experienced basically maxing out the GH space, I am going to do either a raised bed or more permanent pot placement from the get go with a solid trellis built in. I’ll chalk the last one up to inexperience lol.

Also, the best spot for my greenhouse is on the stamped concrete patio. If I had a space to plant into the ground with the GH, I think I would consider it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Smartpots air-prune roots so they spread dense and evenly throughout the pot and they're almost impossible to overwater. In a lot of places, including where I live, it's illegal to put cannabis in the ground. We can thank the guerilla growers growing in state and national parks for that. They were contaminating streams and rivers with nutrient and pesticide runoff. So the EPA stepped in and had their way with the laws when they were created. Many growers have been prosecuted for breaking environmental laws as well as growing.

It's s big deal here in Cali with so many people relying on such limited water resources. Most of the inland part of the state is arid.

F

FutureGrower

Smartpots air-prune roots so they spread dense and evenly throughout the pot and they're almost impossible to overwater. In a lot of places, including where I live, it's illegal to put cannabis in the ground. We can thank the guerilla growers growing in state and national parks for that. They were contaminating streams and rivers with nutrient and pesticide runoff. So the EPA stepped in and had their way with the laws when they were created. Many growers have been prosecuted for breaking environmental laws as well as growing.

It's s big deal here in Cali with so many people relying on such limited water resources. Most of the inland part of the state is arid.

I never knew it was illegal to plant into the ground anywhere that's crazy! I don't get the whole npk farming in soil but I suppose that's what lack of education from things being falsely demonized.

By the way thank you for the education!

Wishbone

Wishbone

Dude, that Berry Bomb looks sick!

>>Bookmarked<<

Thanks

For sure, Dutch Passion has a really good selection of autos, and some decent reviews and tips.

Interesting, didn’t know about the illegal in CA part, haven’t seen anything in the regs like that here in CO but maybe I need to look again.

F

FutureGrower

For sure, Dutch Passion has a really good selection of autos, and some decent reviews and tips.

Interesting, didn’t know about the illegal in CA part, haven’t seen anything in the regs like that here in CO but maybe I need to look again.

Dude that's the shit I hate so much. I'm going out of my way to stay legal but I'm worried I missed a fine detail to the point only 4 people in my life know I'm growing!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I don't know that it's illegal in the whole state but it wouldn't surprise me. I do know it's against the law in my county. Haven't read the whole Cali law. It's ridiculously long and complicated. Again, it wouldn't surprise me if every county in Cali banned it even if state law didn't. We can't even dredge for gold anymore and that was taking mercury out of the rivers.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Really nice place to grow your plants!
Great images you made,

cheers Fellow grower :)

Thanks fellow farmer! I’m really pleased with the progress I’ve made to my space and knowledge over the past year.

Dude that's the shit I hate so much. I'm going out of my way to stay legal but I'm worried I missed a fine detail to the point only 4 people in my life know I'm growing!

Yep, I knew I was bending a few laws last year, and I might be 2 plants over the rec law, (but my BIL that lives with us has his med and should allow up to 24), so I THINK I’m 100% to the T this year. As junk said below, actually reading the law as it is written just confuses me more lol.

I don't know that it's illegal in the whole state but it wouldn't surprise me. I do know it's against the law in my county. Haven't read the whole Cali law. It's ridiculously long and complicated. Again, it wouldn't surprise me if every county in Cali banned it even if state law didn't. We can't even dredge for gold anymore and that was taking mercury out of the rivers.

Good point, I know that counties here do have dif laws, need to look at the locals again.

Top Bottom