Wishbone’s Outdoor - Round 2

• Thread starter Wishbone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wishbone

Wishbone

Looking amazing man! After the dry and cure is done let us know if theres a difference in smoke between the nute side and the living soil:)

Will do. Here are the last two, bottle baby first, living soil second, no visible differences.

03E792D7 7FCB 40D1 8333 DB90FBAA6E3D

AAE0F83C 6E44 4A83 AAD0 6694FC4BE527

I think baby blue will be the next to come down, maybe this weekend. Everything else has at least a few weeks to ripen up, we have about 5 days of cold rainy weather in the forecast starting this weekend, glad my girls are covered!

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Will do. Here are the last two, bottle baby first, living soil second, no visible differences.

View attachment 833752

View attachment 833753

I think baby blue will be the next to come down, maybe this weekend. Everything else has at least a few weeks to ripen up, we have about 5 days of cold rainy weather in the forecast starting this weekend, glad my girls are covered!

Those are pretty frosty bone!!! Well done, sold on the living soil.
Is it easier? More forgiving?

Wishbone

Wishbone

Those are pretty frosty bone!!! Well done, sold on the living soil.
Is it easier? More forgiving?

MUCH MUCH easier during the grow, the work takes place 2 months (or more, more is better) prior to dropping seed, with mixing my soil, adding amendments, building micro life etc. Then basically just add water. I top dressed and fed teas a few times a month with various meals, guanos, molasses, malted barley powder, but that’s it. No measuring 5 different liquids, ph meter, ph up down left right, back to the basics. I highly recommend the Down to Earth line, they make all of the amendments you need, are waaaay cheaper than bottled nutes and are on Amazon, but are cheaper at my local shop by a few bucks a box.

You can certainly still burn them, underfeed etc., just do some reading on here, I used Coots mix with a few variations, I did notice I needed s bit more N so will add some more neem meal next year. You also reuse your soil, so no buying new soil every round, just reamend, which I will be focusing on this winter and spring. I just took the Trainwreck soil as soon as I chopped them and put it on my soil bin to start cooking for my winter indoor in a month or so.

I would guess I spent $200 all season on soil and amendments, feeding 120 gals of soil.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Trainwreck hanging in the tent, very stoked on the tent for drying, problem now is humidity might be too high, sitting at around 90%. Unless someone thinks otherwise going to add an exhaust fan. Any input welcome.

CD1FC786 6162 4423 9DE8 A7E91D092F2E

Wishbone

Wishbone

So the fan full tilt dropped it to 50% with a quickness, going to only partially insert the duct. I have a variable controller but it’s in service in the greenhouse still.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

So the fan full tilt dropped it to 50% with a quickness, going to only partially insert the duct. I have a variable controller but it’s in service in the greenhouse still.

Any little USB fans around? They are plenty enough for a tent that sise.

Wasn't getting notifications of your posts so just catching up.

I hope you don't mind me saying but your girls look a bit early for a chop. Unless that's what you want for a different effect. It's hard for me to see for sure because pics don't really show what you're looking at. I just noticed that your stigmas haven't fully senesced and it looks like your calyxs aren't very swollen.

Again, it's hard for someone looking at a pic to see what your seeing. I cut my Creamsicles when they looked like that last year and they came out very "foofy" or leafy. I had to hold myself back from chopping them again too early a few days ago. Now they're developing a lot more than last year. It was worth it.

This year I'm not even looking at trichs. I'm judging by full calyxs. We all do it our own way.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Any little USB fans around? They are plenty enough for a tent that sise.

Wasn't getting notifications of your posts so just catching up.

I hope you don't mind me saying but your girls look a bit early for a chop. Unless that's what you want for a different effect. It's hard for me to see for sure because pics don't really show what you're looking at. I just noticed that your stigmas haven't fully senesced and it looks like your calyxs aren't very swollen.

Again, it's hard for someone looking at a pic to see what your seeing. I cut my Creamsicles when they looked like that last year and they came out very "foofy" or leafy. I had to hold myself back from chopping them again too early a few days ago. Now they're developing a lot more than last year. It was worth it.

This year I'm not even looking at trichs. I'm judging by full calyxs. We all do it our own way.

I went just by trichs on these, they are strictly for personal, they went from all cloudy to way more amber than I wanted in just a few days. I agree that they looked like they could have gone longer by bracts and hairs, but I wanted a very uppy lift from these girls, everything else will be judged the way you are looking at them. They are also super dense, I think they could have packed on a bit more weight, but don’t think a ton, over the past week I hadn’t seen much change in bud size, if at all.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I went just by trichs on these, they are strictly for personal, they went from all cloudy to way more amber than I wanted in just a few days. I agree that they looked like they could have gone longer by bracts and hairs, but I wanted a very uppy lift from these girls, everything else will be judged the way you are looking at them. They are also super dense, I think they could have packed on a bit more weight, but don’t think a ton, over the past week I hadn’t seen much change in bud size, if at all.

OK, so you cut them young on purpose. I get it. That's how I like 'my' Trainwreck. I mix it with Durban Poison and it acts like a light roast morning coffee (but stonier). The Durban kills my appetite and bumps my energy while the Trainwreck lifts me up and makes me happy.

I felt like I'd be a bad friend if I didn't at least mention it.

The other thing is I can't really see how full the calyxs are. It's hard to get a picture that does it. 2D doesn't show depth well.

Wishbone

Wishbone

OK, so you cut them young on purpose. I get it. That's how I like 'my' Trainwreck. I mix it with Durban Poison and it acts like a light roast morning coffee (but stonier). The Durban kills my appetite and bumps my energy while the Trainwreck lifts me up and makes me happy.

I felt like I'd be a bad friend if I didn't at least mention it.

The other thing is I can't really see how full the calyxs are. It's hard to get a picture that does it. 2D doesn't show depth well.

Me too, haven’t had any good wreck in a loooong time and wanted it juuuust right. We used to get good NorCal wreck out here all the time back in the early 2000s, and now with legalization all the wreck in the dispensaries has been garbage. Very excited to have the ol TW back in the stable. I got these as cuts, I think I am going to order some straight Trainwreck seeds from Humboldt Seeds for next season, that taste, smell and high can’t be matched imo.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Me too, haven’t had any good wreck in a loooong time and wanted it juuuust right. We used to get good NorCal wreck out here all the time back in the early 2000s, and now with legalization all the wreck in the dispensaries has been garbage. Very excited to have the ol TW back in the stable. I got these as cuts, I think I am going to order some straight Trainwreck seeds from Humboldt Seeds for next season, that taste, smell and high can’t be matched imo.

For real. I'm split 50/50 on my love for Trainwreck and Durban poison. Makes sense though since the Wreck is a Durban baby. I also love GS Cookies which is another in the Durban lineage. I like Jack Herer as well and it's about a close as you can get to Durban without it actually being Durban. Right up there with equal with GSC.

Wishbone

Wishbone

For real. I'm split 50/50 on my love for Trainwreck and Durban poison. Makes sense though since the Wreck is a Durban baby. I also love GS Cookies which is another in the Durban lineage. I like Jack Herer as well and it's about a close as you can get to Durban without it actually being Durban. Right up there with equal with GSC.

I’d love to run Durban outside, but I don’t think I could get it to finish in time.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Winter is here, don’t think the girls would survive this without the greenhouse, have one 1500w heater out there now, will deploy a second over the weekend with temps in the low 20s :nailbiting:

5C4A417B 4294 4BFD 8DF9 FA73BB742E9A

Wishbone

Wishbone

Purple Wreck is dry, trimmed and jarred, used @clockworx reccomended method of trash bagging and it worked quite well. 10 day dry and cure to 60% rh. I’ll bag the rest of the crop a bit sooner for an even slower dry. Almost exactly 1/4 lb from 3 plants in that 64 oz jar, pretty much all popcorn bud, but that is how I remember all the good NorCal TW I used to get back in the day. Biggest bud is below, about the size of a lighter and 3 grams.

36095C3B F2CF 4E78 B61F E1C101881D39

051A0548 A49B 4BA4 BE31 B1DB5555051A

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Purple Wreck is dry, trimmed and jarred, used @clockworx reccomended method of trash bagging and it worked quite well. 10 day dry and cure to 60% rh. I’ll bag the rest of the crop a bit sooner for an even slower dry. Almost exactly 1/4 lb from 3 plants in that 64 oz jar, pretty much all popcorn bud, but that is how I remember all the good NorCal TW I used to get back in the day. Biggest bud is below, about the size of a lighter and 3 grams.

View attachment 835778

View attachment 835777

Yup, a lot of commercial growers like to harvest early for some reason. One of them told me why once but now can't remember.

Looks like my Orange Creamsicle last year. Pretty.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Yup, a lot of commercial growers like to harvest early for some reason. One of them told me why once but now can't remember.

Looks like my Orange Creamsicle last year. Pretty.

Thanks, as we were taking about, I cut it a bit earlier to get a headier high, not many amber trichs at all. I definitely plan to run Wreck next year and get them way bigger, got a pretty late start on these girls.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks, as we were taking about, I cut it a bit earlier to get a headier high, not many amber trichs at all. I definitely plan to run Wreck next year and get them way bigger, got a pretty late start on these girls.

I've got a big ol paper grocery bag a quarter full of early that the storm cut for me. Been smoking on it for a week now. I definitely have no issue with the blaze I got goin on from it. Breaking out the 8" RAW 5 Stage and my 4" grinder to fill it right now. Going to mix the earlies from 3 plants into it. Toke up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom