Worst Strain......ever!?!

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
What was the worst strain you’ve ever grown? Or what was the most disappointing strain you’ve ever grown?

Disclaimer: This isn’t a referendum on any breeders or strains as we all know that there are many factors that can determine the overall outcome.

Notice: This is meant for fun and not to bash any particular breeders or strains. And please keep it civil and light.

I have two strains that come to mind from back in the day. The first was Black Jack which was a black domina x Jack Herer cross. The other I can’t even recall the name but it was purple and was suppose to have strawberry terps.

Black Jack was just a mess for me. The resulting bud was so bad I gave a 1/4 lb away for free just to get it out of my house. It was ok tasting and the buzz was decent but it was a big disappointment overall.

The purple strawberry strain smelled like old lady perfume. I still can’t get that smell out of my head. It was also very harsh to smoke and tasted just like it smelled. I ended up throwing about 3 ozs into the compost bin after a 3 month cure.

So what’s your horror story?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Black berry kush mother kept reveging very frustrating!
Strawberry caugh because of length of flower time. She always took longer I could never finish because of the other strains I had in the flower room. Only grew her cause she was the wife’s fav,
Very frustrating!!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

i have a few.the very first seeds i bought i got a pack of easy bud and skunk special along with some others from female seeds nl.they were both crap.no terps atall.the other strains i got off em were bangin though and i would happily giv them a spot in my grow 15 years later.
the other was a pack o feminised Sunset sherbets x forum or plat gsc(one advert says platinum cookies and one says forum).i got em off elev8 seeds as testers.they were fems.i had ran plenty of cookie types before that so i was expecting some nice cookie phenoes.i was totally wrong.i woulda been willing to bet my own life there wasn't even a little bit of cookies in it.i know people will say theyr testers and just coz they didn't come out like cookies doesn't mean they don't have any cookies in em which is true but if anyone who had even ran a strain that's even only half cookies would be able to see there was deffo no cookies in em.i told the guy that and posted it on my forum saying what i thought-they aren't even remotely similar to any cookies iv ever had and if i had bought them i would have felt like i got totally ripped off.the guy still put em up for sale and has em listed on his site.it wasn't the worst weed i ever had but deffo the worst effort to rip off cookies iv seen.i mean he had even bought a pack o cookie dom seeds and used those no one may have noticed but they were big tall very very vigorous plants with light green leaves and kinda fluffy savory chicken dinner type smelling buds.the complete opposite traits from realdeal cookies.i gave the rest i hadn't ran away.i later found out the company had been accused of putting out fake gg4 s1 & other fake genetics which made total sense after the experience i had with em.the weird thing is people still buy seeds off them.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Phoenix One from way back in the day JLP Freebie. Think it was Nevilles Haze x Orig Haze (or maybe SSH dont member). I think at 12 weeks it just started to throw out the first flower.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hmmmmm , I can’t say there is a “worst” strain ever, for the very reason that People have different palates.
Some like lndica and swear sativa is shit. Or vice versa
For me , I’ve had bad weed, that to me was nasty, and my best buds will be like “man this shit is fire”! Lol
Now worst or harder to grow strains are also deceptive. It’s about region, environment, conditions.
Example; we can’t grow heavy kush varieties in greenhouses here , why, the cloud cover, coastal weather . Remedy; supplement lights. So we learned and adopted.

Now to a strain that yeilds like shit? Any lemon. Variety. They suck , I’ve had no luck with them.

gwheels

gwheels

Super lemon haze....i just hate lemon with my haze. Bleh. I have 4 seeds i got as freebies that will be in the seed hoard forever with the weak ass blueberry freebies :o

I love super silver haze and train wreck. Haze without lemon is much tastier.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
WOS seed company Strain was "Wild Thai" I called it the bad hair day strain. Looked like industrial hemp. Complete garbage and waste of time...….

dscn4448-jpg.457368

Dbear180

Dbear180

Had a friend of mine give me 3 packs of cali connection seeds cuz he was green & scared to mess up after he snapped a seedling he did himself.
Blackwater, Deadhead OG, & la confidential. Ran them all & had the worst run of my life lol. Not a single dead head popped, the blackwater didnt even have a hint of black to it, it was green AF and had zero smell. The la con was just meh.
I was very disappointed to say the least especially since he got them from cali connection @ a cup & they swore up & down he had some fire in those packs... & then I had to figure out what to do with all that bs so I could pay the elec bill lol. Never again will I play with cali connection.

Another bs run was sour pez(sour diesel x pinkpez) by la plata labs. Whole pack was shit. Found some fire in their other packs but the sour pez was absolute garbage.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I grew out 4 different phenos of a bubba cross I had and 3 were great, but one had a really bad taste to it. I ended up throwing it in the fire lol. My buddy grew out a freebie and I swear if I didn't know it was weed I would have said what the f@#k is this? It tasted nothing like weed. :puke2:

Dbear180

Dbear180

A friend brought me some nug one time & he goes, "dude you gotta try this weed, I got it from my nephew & it tastes so weird".

He packs it up, gives me greens, & I swear it tasted just like I walked into the lumber/garden dept @ home depot & took a real deep breath of fertilizers/fresh lumber. So I told him that & he goes, "yeah i know crazy huh?".

The guy the nephew was scoring it off told him, "oh that's just the taste of the water from by the ocean where its grown"

Didnt give me a headache but I didnt feel safe smoking buds with a taste like that.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I grew a batch in 86 in an old house with 14' ceilings. I think it was a NL strain. It was one of 6 plants, 3 females. They all grew huge and had colas as long as my arm and pretty thick and hefty...it looked like the best buds ever grown! It turned out that 2 of the 3 were killers, while the nicest one was pure shit. It looked great, tasted great, but had very little buzz to it. Maybe it was a CBD version (there weren't such distinctions back then). Beautiful, but worthless.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I would have to say lemon og. I grew one to try it out after about 3 weeks of veg it started flowering on its own so i uppotted it and put it in my flower room. It ended up being vety frosty, smelled exactly like a lemon. It i dont even think it took 6 weeks to flower. I only got like a once and a half from it. I think if it didn't start flowering on its own and i could have let it flower for another few weeks to a month it would have been a winner. I have 9 beans of it left

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I would have to say lemon og. I grew one to try it out after about 3 weeks of veg it started flowering on its own so i uppotted it and put it in my flower room. It ended up being vety frosty, smelled exactly like a lemon. It i dont even think it took 6 weeks to flower. I only got like a once and a half from it. I think if it didn't start flowering on its own and i could have let it flower for another few weeks to a month it would have been a winner. I have 9 beans of it left

I’m not a big fan of lemon terps but orange terps are fantastic. The grapefruit terps in C99 are nice as well.

H

hawkman

i have a few.the very first seeds i bought i got a pack of easy bud and skunk special along with some others from female seeds nl.they were both crap.no terps atall.the other strains i got off em were bangin though and i would happily giv them a spot in my grow 15 years later.
the other was a pack o feminised Sunset sherbets x forum or plat gsc(one advert says platinum cookies and one says forum).i got em off elev8 seeds as testers.they were fems.i had ran plenty of cookie types before that so i was expecting some nice cookie phenoes.i was totally wrong.i woulda been willing to bet my own life there wasn't even a little bit of cookies in it.i know people will say theyr testers and just coz they didn't come out like cookies doesn't mean they don't have any cookies in em which is true but if anyone who had even ran a strain that's even only half cookies would be able to see there was deffo no cookies in em.i told the guy that and posted it on my forum saying what i thought-they aren't even remotely similar to any cookies iv ever had and if i had bought them i would have felt like i got totally ripped off.the guy still put em up for sale and has em listed on his site.it wasn't the worst weed i ever had but deffo the worst effort to rip off cookies iv seen.i mean he had even bought a pack o cookie dom seeds and used those no one may have noticed but they were big tall very very vigorous plants with light green leaves and kinda fluffy savory chicken dinner type smelling buds.the complete opposite traits from realdeal cookies.i gave the rest i hadn't ran away.i later found out the company had been accused of putting out fake gg4 s1 & other fake genetics which made total sense after the experience i had with em.the weird thing is people still buy seeds off them.

Was considering some strains from them (evev8 seeds) now I'/m wondering thinking about GG#4 and Blackberry Dream

Latest posts

Top Bottom