Worth It To Veg Next Crop Under 12/12 With Interruption During Night?

• Thread starter xenon730
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xenon730

xenon730

if you use a strong enough light to interrupt the night of some of your plants, you can effectively grow your next crop while your first is finishing under 12/12. this is utilized in places with long autumn days and is usually a bunch of bulbs on a piece of wood you move over certain groups. I've never tried the idea I'm proposing but maybe someone here has?

do you guys think its worth starting clones for next crop under current crops 12/12 light by putting the seedlings under light for 20 minutes in the middle of the night to stop them from flowering? would the growth rate really suck at 66%? i can't imagine it bothering me, plants can put on 2" a day anyways.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

This is called a lamp lighting schedule, it was create for use in greenhouses. Indoor growers will most likely NOT HAVE SUCCESS with this method with out skylights, a greenhouse or TRUE FULLSPECTRUM INDOOR LIGHTING. Even then some strains will either try to flower or show intersex traits. Don't fuck with this BULLSHIT GIMMICK FROM SCAM ARTIST SNITCHES. Quote me bitches.

xenon730

xenon730

This is called a lamp lighting schedule, it was create for use in greenhouses. Indoor growers will most likely NOT HAVE SUCCESS with this method with out skylights, a greenhouse or TRUE FULLSPECTRUM INDOOR LIGHTING. Even then some strains will either try to flower or show intersex traits. Don't fuck with this BULLSHIT GIMMICK FROM SCAM ARTIST SNITCHES. Quote me bitches.

i actually read about this from ed Rosenthals book. he listed different schedules that would result in either flowering or not but he definitely didn't explain further than using it in greenhouses which i already knew. i suppose it being known and never used probably says enough about it lol.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

At least you had that part down. It just doesn't work well if at all in regular indoor veg room scenarios. The other "big name" out their touting this schedule mentions nothing to anyone about it being a greenhouse schedule and has cost lots of growers everything.

xenon730

xenon730

At least you had that part down. It just doesn't work well if at all in regular indoor veg room scenarios. The other "big name" out their touting this schedule mentions nothing to anyone about it being a greenhouse schedule and has cost lots of growers everything.

ah, i didn't realize someone gimmicked people into doing this. in the book it lists it under the greenhouse section and says it's a greenhouse technique but doesn't go further so i wondered if it was just a not worth it on small scale or just not very usable at all.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

We have not done enough research to know for sure yet, but we feel that it may have something to do with the hormones triggered with the near and far IR at sunrise and set. With out it at the correct times in the correct amounts the middle of the night interuption has different hormonal effects.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Its called gas lamping technique,if I'm not mistaken.if you set your veg room on a 12/12 schedule,but turn the light bk on for an hour in the middle of the dark period it works a charm.plus you save electric,and it makes em ripe for bloom mode apparently.i know a few Kats who swear by this..hope this helps.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Its called gas lamping technique,if I'm not mistaken.if you set your veg room on a 12/12 schedule,but turn the light bk on for an hour in the middle of the dark period it works a charm.plus you save electric,and it makes em ripe for bloom mode apparently.i know a few Kats who swear by this..hope this helps.

You are wrong. It does not work charms. Do you use this schedule? Don't spout bullshit you haven't tried. Your "Kats" either grow in greenhouse, have skylights in their veg or are lying out their asshole faces. FOR OUTDOOR/GREENHOUSES ONLY!

I have personally tried this in pure indoor as well as greenhouses and indoor veg rooms with skylights. It WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY IN A PURE INDOOR GROW.

THIS IS NOT ANNECDOTAL, BUT REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE. DO NOT TRY THIS ON INDOOR GARDENS.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I interrupt the dark phase in order to get cuts as closely matched to the daylight photoperiod for plants that are going outside. But 20mins does *not* cut it, in any way, shape or form, to keep them in vegetative phase. 1-2hrs of dark interruption is required.

And to reiterate, this is so I can put clones outside, and I guarantee it's not the best way to do it. I had the pleasure of growing out a truly properly acclimated cut a good friend gave me, and he uses a computer program-controlled light set-up, specifically set up to get plants out into the daylight on a particular day.

mancdank

mancdank

I interrupt the dark phase in order to get cuts as closely matched to the daylight photoperiod for plants that are going outside. But 20mins does *not* cut it, in any way, shape or form, to keep them in vegetative phase. 1-2hrs of dark interruption is required.

And to reiterate, this is so I can put clones outside, and I guarantee it's not the best way to do it. I had the pleasure of growing out a truly properly acclimated cut a good friend gave me, and he uses a computer program-controlled light set-up, specifically set up to get plants out into the daylight on a particular day.
Sounds like a awesome gadget I've been looking into these controllers

keiksweat

keiksweat

You are wrong. It does not work charms. Do you use this schedule? Don't spout bullshit you haven't tried. Your "Kats" either grow in greenhouse, have skylights in their veg or are lying out their asshole faces. FOR OUTDOOR/GREENHOUSES ONLY!

I have personally tried this in pure indoor as well as greenhouses and indoor veg rooms with skylights. It WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY IN A PURE INDOOR GROW.

THIS IS NOT ANNECDOTAL, BUT REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE. DO NOT TRY THIS ON INDOOR GARDENS.
I've got a paper here on it in soft secrets news paper.only telling you what I've been told.no need to go calling me full of it pal,listen don'listen .i know people on here who have done it.and I did say an hour to break it up,like sea-maiden said.don't start cussing people for speaking son,and its not bullshit....look it up.uk thread was talking about it a while bk if I'm not mistaken.what ever,I ain't getting in to it.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I did say

An hour to break it up sea;hope there's others listening to chime in also.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

I did say
An hour to break it up sea;hope there's others listening to chime in also.

Again, an hour wont do it for a true indoor veg situation. We have found that most modern polyhybrids will not tollerate this shit with out full spectrum sunlight. We expiremented with this for nearly 2 years. Going up to as much as 5 hours in the middle of a 12/12 and still had most plants trying to flower in veg.

This is a great way to sabotage new growers, but wont help anyone growing indoors at all. This schedule pops up again every few years and really fucks some growers over, I have personally seen it MANY times and have never seen it work indoors the way it should with out sunlight be in the mix.

What you read is real neat guy, put your money where your mouth is and try it and when YOUR veg is 100% fucked come tell us how well it works or stop spouting shit you have not personally tried. It does nothing to further our community.

My crew put up the time, money, plants and space to try this, messed with it for over 18 months and NEVER had acceptable results. Any white paper you try to site will clearly state this is a greenhouse schedule.

keiksweat

keiksweat

ma
Again, an hour wont do it for a true indoor veg situation. We have found that most modern polyhybrids will not tollerate this shit with out full spectrum sunlight. We expiremented with this for nearly 2 years. Going up to as much as 5 hours in the middle of a 12/12 and still had most plants trying to flower in veg.

This is a great way to sabotage new growers, but wont help anyone growing indoors at all. This schedule pops up again every few years and really fucks some growers over, I have personally seen it MANY times and have never seen it work indoors the way it should with out sunlight be in the mix.

What you read is real neat guy, put your money where your mouth is and try it and when YOUR veg is 100% fucked come tell us how well it works or stop spouting shit you have not personally tried. It does nothing to further our community.

My crew put up the time, money, plants and space to try this, messed with it for over 18 months and NEVER had acceptable results. Any white paper you try to site will clearly state this is a greenhouse schedule.
take a chill son,your gonna pop a vein.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Again, an hour wont do it for a true indoor veg situation.
This is the key. I'm putting my plants outside on a certain date (was). Not full or truly indoor. Just keeping things going until I can get them out.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Gas Lantern works, builds the female hormones. But you should only do it with plants about to flower, IMO. Because they basically start to, even with a strong light interrupting, even with a longer interrupt from my observations.

Top Bottom