Worth It To Veg Next Crop Under 12/12 With Interruption During Night?

• Thread starter xenon730
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

if you use a strong enough light to interrupt the night of some of your plants, you can effectively grow your next crop while your first is finishing under 12/12. this is utilized in places with long autumn days and is usually a bunch of bulbs on a piece of wood you move over certain groups. I've never tried the idea I'm proposing but maybe someone here has?

do you guys think its worth starting clones for next crop under current crops 12/12 light by putting the seedlings under light for 20 minutes in the middle of the night to stop them from flowering? would the growth rate really suck at 66%? i can't imagine it bothering me, plants can put on 2" a day anyways.
This will not work if attempted in the same room. You need still need a seperate room for veg and flower.I would not root clones in flower room. If your interested in a small scale experiment checkout the cavemen grow.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/the-gas-lantern-techinique.51497/

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

This is called a lamp lighting schedule, it was create for use in greenhouses. Indoor growers will most likely NOT HAVE SUCCESS with this method with out skylights, a greenhouse or TRUE FULLSPECTRUM INDOOR LIGHTING. Even then some strains will either try to flower or show intersex traits. Don't fuck with this BULLSHIT GIMMICK FROM SCAM ARTIST SNITCHES. Quote me bitches.
I hold an opposing perspective. BUT I do agree that ruderalis cannabis does not thrive in this light schedule....I have yet to grow one banana with this light schedule so I have no proof that it induces intersex.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

You are wrong. It does not work charms. Do you use this schedule? Don't spout bullshit you haven't tried. Your "Kats" either grow in greenhouse, have skylights in their veg or are lying out their asshole faces. FOR OUTDOOR/GREENHOUSES ONLY!

I have personally tried this in pure indoor as well as greenhouses and indoor veg rooms with skylights. It WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY IN A PURE INDOOR GROW.

THIS IS NOT ANNECDOTAL, BUT REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE. DO NOT TRY THIS ON INDOOR GARDENS.
lol I have used this light schedule indoor and will continue to use this schedule.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

Again, an hour wont do it for a true indoor veg situation. We have found that most modern polyhybrids will not tollerate this shit with out full spectrum sunlight. We expiremented with this for nearly 2 years. Going up to as much as 5 hours in the middle of a 12/12 and still had most plants trying to flower in veg.

This is a great way to sabotage new growers, but wont help anyone growing indoors at all. This schedule pops up again every few years and really fucks some growers over, I have personally seen it MANY times and have never seen it work indoors the way it should with out sunlight be in the mix.

What you read is real neat guy, put your money where your mouth is and try it and when YOUR veg is 100% fucked come tell us how well it works or stop spouting shit you have not personally tried. It does nothing to further our community.

My crew put up the time, money, plants and space to try this, messed with it for over 18 months and NEVER had acceptable results. Any white paper you try to site will clearly state this is a greenhouse schedule.
Stay tuned and I will prove you wrong. I will enjoy posting a grow log using 13 hrs. To veg and 10 hrs to flower...did you or any of your scientist log those 18 months of failed attempts @Paul Simon?

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Let me guess, you have to use Cogo's nutrients to make it work? If you know something we don't please share. What's the secret Mr P?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Stay tuned and I will prove you wrong. I will enjoy posting a grow log using 13 hrs. To veg and 10 hrs to flower...did you or any of your scientist log those 18 months of failed attempts @Paul Simon?
13 on / 11 off veg
10 on / 14 off bloom?

keiksweat

keiksweat

FWIW the calm, respectful, neutral language person is usually accurate, and always respected more. I prefer the neutral tone, @Psychonaut47 ...we are all here to learn, always, and there are completley contradictory ways to do this plant that are effective in so many ways.
here,here...

keiksweat

keiksweat

h
13 on / 11 off veg
10 on / 14 off bloom?
Hey funkadelic,do you use these light schedules straight off.with cuts,and seeds.or do ya start em off on 24hr or the usual 18/6.really interested to hear your findings too mate,thanks.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

h
Hey funkadelic,do you use these light schedules straight off.with cuts,and seeds.or do ya start em off on 24hr or the usual 18/6.really interested to hear your findings too mate,thanks.
Hey Keif, thanks bro. And glad you agree RE: tone. Not into pissing matches and ego and arguing on the internet (the old Special Olympics meme about it still true).

I read a lot and tried Gas Lantern in veg tent, 400w MH for both 12 on and mid-dark cycles for simplicity and consistency, did longer mid-dark light timing (30 min recommended, I think, and I did maybe an hour? Forgot because its been a minute, but I erred on more light on to ensure breakdown of female hormones).

After a few weeks, most plants had started flowering. Went back to 24 on to reverse that and keep in veg. Wasn't impressed.

Im 18/6. Plants must sleep. Ive seen endless arguments about 24 vs 18, and Im convinced plants actually grow more in dark. If anything, I'd veg with more dark time. Problem for me is, I keep 2 upcoming rounds in veg tent and Gas Lantern schedule resulted in all of em flowering.

Now I do 3 days +/- lights off to start flower. Saves a bit of power, certainly doesnt hurt hormone buildup, modest kickstart to bloom cycle.

Best growers I know dont do any extended dark ever, 18 veg, 12/12 flower, no changes. I start with long dark time, end with 36hr dark up to the chop (photosynthesis and terpene control for curing, Im ocd about cure). I tried Diminishing Light schedule (12/12, dial -30min light each week) but not sure hassle worth benefit. Same as Gas Lantern. Im just not advanced enough and consistently good to tinker this way while other more serious issues hurt my yields, if that makes sense?

keiksweat

keiksweat

Hey Keif, thanks bro. And glad you agree RE: tone. Not into pissing matches and ego and arguing on the internet (the old Special Olympics meme about it still true).

I read a lot and tried Gas Lantern in veg tent, 400w MH for both 12 on and mid-dark cycles for simplicity and consistency, did longer mid-dark light timing (30 min recommended, I think, and I did maybe an hour? Forgot because its been a minute, but I erred on more light on to ensure breakdown of female hormones).

After a few weeks, most plants had started flowering. Went back to 24 on to reverse that and keep in veg. Wasn't impressed.

Im 18/6. Plants must sleep. Ive seen endless arguments about 24 vs 18, and Im convinced plants actually grow more in dark. If anything, I'd veg with more dark time. Problem for me is, I keep 2 upcoming rounds in veg tent and Gas Lantern schedule resulted in all of em flowering.

Now I do 3 days +/- lights off to start flower. Saves a bit of power, certainly doesnt hurt hormone buildup, modest kickstart to bloom cycle.

Best growers I know dont do any extended dark ever, 18 veg, 12/12 flower, no changes. I start with long dark time, end with 36hr dark up to the chop (photosynthesis and terpene control for curing, Im ocd about cure). I tried Diminishing Light schedule (12/12, dial -30min light each week) but not sure hassle worth benefit. Same as Gas Lantern. Im just not advanced enough and consistently good to tinker this way while other more serious issues hurt my yields, if that makes sense?
yep,thanks for your input.the way I look at it any extra time the lights are off,is a big bonus.i know a lot of people don't give a toss about wasted electric and cash for that matter.but I will always strive to save whatever resources being used.my friend has started flowering now with a 11on 13off light schedule.I thought even this would end in tears,but he's doing really well like it
Especially with the cmh315s he's now using.thanks pal anyway
I'm gonna do some more reading and research,I'll definitely start by knocking an hour off the 12/12 schedule ,as I just mentioned,but I totally agree with you on the 24/0 light scheme.plants should have night and day.full stop.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

I get agro on this because I have seen people get 100% fucked listening to to people pitch this shit. The addition of ner and far IR MAY lead to these type of schedules being useful indoors, but I would not consider that an average indoor grow at this time. I also noticed that the second proof is asked for dude goes MIA.

I wont hold my breath. In my experience growers pushing this VEG schedule on others just want to thin out their competition. We certainly don't use a 12/12 flower cycle though, there is lots to expirement with there for aany given cultivar.

I wont appologize for my passion toward cannabis. Will those of you touting these schedules, with out any specifics or proof take responsibility for the growers that suffer from bad or partial information you provide?

It's funny that my tone, not my experience is what makes you have bias.

Unbegun?

xenon730

xenon730

I get agro on this because I have seen people get 100% fucked listening to to people pitch this shit. The addition of ner and far IR MAY lead to these type of schedules being useful indoors, but I would not consider that an average indoor grow at this time. I also noticed that the second proof is asked for dude goes MIA.

I wont hold my breath. In my experience growers pushing this VEG schedule on others just want to thin out their competition. We certainly don't use a 12/12 flower cycle though, there is lots to expirement with there for aany given cultivar.

I wont appologize for my passion toward cannabis. Will those of you touting these schedules, with out any specifics or proof take responsibility for the growers that suffer from bad or partial information you provide?

Unbegun?

i wanted to try to find the max light hours for this group to flower but i think it'll take way too long. do you use more or less light? are you using a unique lighting system?

G gnome

G gnome

I've got a paper here on it in soft secrets news paper.only telling you what I've been told.no need to go calling me full of it pal,listen don'listen .i know people on here who have done it.and I did say an hour to break it up,like sea-maiden said.don't start cussing people for speaking son,and its not bullshit....look it up.uk thread was talking about it a while bk if I'm not mistaken.what ever,I ain't getting in to it.
If u read it in the uk thread then its definitely bullshit haha

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Unbegun?
Fair enough. We are all passionate, I'd like to believe at least.

If you read, Im in agreement with you that Gas Lantern is too risky and those who have tried it, myself included, were not satisfied with results and discontinued.

RE: tone, we lost KenDog not long ago, over arguing on the internet. Some Monsanto thread? He's banned now. He was an active, helpful contributor. People aren't thrilled he's gone.

Other boards have a lot more ... aggressive? Passionate? debates and less civility. My preference is just keep it civil. Your logic and reason and requests for documentation all perfectly valid. And hey man, you've helped me before. Respect.

Just saw you getting irked, and dont want to see you lose your cool when you're basically right. All good man. Smoke 2 joints...

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Unbegun?
FWIW, I asked for progressive IPM miticide help, and some random dude extolled me to use some gnarly harsh hardware store pesticide that literally doesnt work against mites, and he said use in flower. I simply had to log off and walk away. I get the passion for accurate information.

bongzaway

bongzaway

Heh..tried this Gasfart Lantern bullcrap method years ago. Bogus imo. U wanna stress out your plants and confuse the shit out of them go fore it. If this really worked every big time commercial grow house would be spinning it. But hey. What da shut do I know. Try it yourself and find out. I'll stick to what I know works. No time to waste on internet gimmicks and chessy-ass shortcuts. Heh. Meh.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom