Worth It To Veg Next Crop Under 12/12 With Interruption During Night?

• Thread starter xenon730
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Heh..tried this Gasfart Lantern bullcrap method years ago. Bogus imo. U wanna stress out your plants and confuse the shit out of them go fore it. If this really worked every big time commercial grow house would be spinning it. But hey. What da shut do I know. Try it yourself and find out. I'll stick to what I know works. No time to waste on internet gimmicks and chessy-ass shortcuts. Heh. Meh.
Its an established ol school method, but not for cannabis. Just because it was used for ornamental flowers in greenhouses in the 1880s, doesn't mean it will work the same for us. Agreed, I don't know anyone doing it, of any size, and the stories Ive read where growers did it, they quit.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

13 on / 11 off veg
10 on / 14 off bloom?
veg 12 straight hrs then the thirteenth hour interrupts the middle of the dark period...and i go straight into a 10 hr lights on flower schedule...but please don't let me monkey wrench your style.
h
Hey funkadelic,do you use these light schedules straight off.with cuts,and seeds.or do ya start em off on 24hr or the usual 18/6.really interested to hear your findings too mate,thanks.
Let me guess, you have to use Cogo's nutrients to make it work? If you know something we don't please share. What's the secret Mr P?
cogos nutrients, let me guess, your favorite synthetic line? No secret...just hands on experience but you know what I'll just go MIA until I can log the proof. In the meantime I'll study up on how impossible it is to grow cannabis with an interrupted veg light cycle...

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

We are 100% organic. I wouldn't touch Cogos with your dick.

Again, not holding my breath over here.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Nothing. Never used it, never would. It is a joke to the people who have had this schedule pushed on them on and off growing cannabis for the past 20+ years. The first time I personally saw this schedule on the forums around 2001 it fucked TONS of people, then the dude pushing says "oh you need this ionic nuterient line". All bullshit man. I hope you do have a method that works and that this doesn't fuck you, cause it fucks everyone else.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

Nothing. Never used it, never would. It is a joke to the people who have had this schedule pushed on them on and off growing cannabis for the past 20+ years. The first time I personally saw this schedule on the forums around 2001 it fucked TONS of people, then the dude pushing says "oh you need this ionic nuterient line". All bullshit man. I hope you do have a method that works and that this doesn't fuck you, cause it fucks everyone else.
So Cogos was just an example? I am not a fan of synths but I've heard good things about cogos your the first I hear of it being a monkey wrench or sabotage...so just to ease your mind I'm not the same guy or apart of that 2001 crew pushing that ionic line

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/the-gas-lantern-techinique.51497/page-6

But I stand firmly behind the cavemen4.20 experiment. If some closet growers can benefit from it, it's good enough for me. I give zero fucks about commercial heads failing at their attempt to utilize this method.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Closet growers don't benefit from it... I have never seen ANYONE benefit from it that was not in a green house. Period.

Have you used this schedule yourself?

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

After so much smoke later .... I have no doubts on my new veg schedule and new flowering schedule....I couldn't ask for more potency! I'm a lifer with these new schedules I can't wait to play around with different interrupted light schedules for veg and my next flower schedule will start at ten on and second month at nine on lol can't wait to do a rough comparison....
I will be picking up where my fellow cavemen left off with an abSOULute pleasure.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

Closet growers don't benefit from it... I have never seen ANYONE benefit from it that was not in a green house. Period.

Have you used this schedule yourself?
Don't be lazy and go down the rabbit hole, there is one of many openings in that caveman thread.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Anyone still interested in this inturrupted veg schedule? If so i will put up pics of phenos that responded well to my environment? Another thing i was willing to do ifnthere is enough interest i will clone.and root and veg with this schedule and continue this thread and if no interest this thread will wither away into trash can?

Clearly this requires specific cultivars. Dead end guy. If people want to grow specific plants that work with this schedule, they can, but 90%+ of current polys wont rock this shit, ya dig? This has been said over and over.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

yep,thanks for your input.the way I look at it any extra time the lights are off,is a big bonus.i know a lot of people don't give a toss about wasted electric and cash for that matter.but I will always strive to save whatever resources being used.my friend has started flowering now with a 11on 13off light schedule.I thought even this would end in tears,but he's doing really well like it
Especially with the cmh315s he's now using.thanks pal anyway
I'm gonna do some more reading and research,I'll definitely start by knocking an hour off the 12/12 schedule ,as I just mentioned,but I totally agree with you on the 24/0 light scheme.plants should have night and day.full stop.
Hold that thought "keif" or is it @keiksweat ....lmao! What i have not shared with ya on the 11/13 schedule is this....im noticing maybe it is taking longer for them to finish up....I will know more in a week or 2....if my BlR is not finished when it shud be I will have to keep an eye on the rest....it seems as if the tombs didnt want to finish....just an observation I have made...nothing scientific what so ever!

keiksweat

keiksweat

Hold that thought "keif" or is it @keiksweat ....lmao! What i have not shared with ya on the 11/13 schedule is this....im noticing maybe it is taking longer for them to finish up....I will know more in a week or 2....if my BlR is not finished when it shud be I will have to keep an eye on the rest....it seems as if the tombs didnt want to finish....just an observation I have made...nothing scientific what so ever!
cheers mike,was hoping you'd pop in.hahah..dangerous discussion though broseph.fireworks,grenades the lot going off over here.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

cheers mike,was hoping you'd pop in.hahah..dangerous discussion though broseph.fireworks,grenades the lot going off over here.
Yea I see....was afraid to pull trigger here....however been meaning to mention that tidbit as it is a realization that came to me....take cover Son! INCOMING!

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Not sure if I read the OP question right but I used to work somewhere we had big veg rooms but grew trees so they would get filled up really quickly so we'd have to move em into the flower rooms to finish vegging which were all on 12 hour flip flops so we'd just leave the overhead room lights on to keep em from flipping. I've done it for myself on a much smaller scale as well w no issues. In fact the plants almost grew faster I think they liked the extra downtim to process the intense light/co2.

Doesn't this mean the room is lit 24hrs?

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

That is 24 hrs of light, not 12/1 though, just for those here who aren't super with the mathz. We veg with 400w MH then go to vert treez or gavitas, so yeah most people do overlight their veg, good point.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Just can't understand why you'd need to use aschedule like that for anything other than a greenhouse/outdoor situation?

We tried it because if IT it makes happier plants, it helps us put out more oil and do more murder on more cancer. Even just putting a skylight in your veg will make this schedule work great.

Top Bottom