Wpm?

• Thread starter Brownboi419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brownboi419

Brownboi419

Hello I happened to just noticed this on my leaf is this wpm or residue from over splash of nutes?
Wpm
Humidity is around 31% in the veg tent.

S

Smokefree

Hello I happened to just noticed this on my leaf is this wpm or residue from over splash of nutes?View attachment 848458 Humidity is around 31% in the veg tent.
I would finish the grow to completion , then properly dry/ cure. And then without hesitation send all fully cured product to me in sealed packages! I will quarantine the PM and dispose of through burning it, ITS IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

Phylex

Phylex

Thank you everyone for the help. That's why I had kept it low to try to reduce the risk of wpm. First experience with it any suggestions on how to treat it?
I had my first case of PM while my humidity was still in the high teens and low twenties. It came in the beginning of the grow before I regulated the RH. My RH never climbed above 30 if I recall. There's products out there you can use to foliar treat like Nuke Em, Green Cleaner, Etc. Just follow the instructions on the bottle of the brand you choose. I spray just before lights out. I time it so the lights turn off once I'm done spraying.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I had my first case of PM while my humidity was still in the high teens and low twenties. It came in the beginning of the grow before I regulated the RH. My RH never climbed above 30 if I recall. There's products out there you can use to foliar treat like Nuke Em, Green Cleaner, Etc. Just follow the instructions on the bottle of the brand you choose. I spray just before lights out. I time it so the lights turn off once I'm done spraying.

I did not know this could happen.

Enforcer

Enforcer

From my research and experience, large humidity swings can also foster WPM. So even if your RH is low during lights on, lights off may climb very high without adequate ventilation. The big swing in a 24 hour period is what gets ya. As far as getting rid of it. I had good success with SNS 244. It’s made of 100% pure Thyme botanical extracts. Spray at lights out to avoid leaf burn. I hit my plants at the first sign of WPM and it took care of the problem after only one application.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Green Cure is a great product, Actinovate also doesn’t womders for dealing with PM. I have also used baking soda in water at 1 tsp per gallon, but you could do a higher concentration without ill effect to your plants.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Yes you are correct. Let me clarify, humidity to 55% when you get rid of pm. My apologies for the misstatement.
Must have the wicked Colorado dry climate pm. The dry climate pm is just like the wet but it spreads a 100 times faster lol

Phylex

Phylex

I did not know this could happen.
Neither did I which is why I thought it was crystalized salt from possibly being splashed on the leaves. I waited about 10 days before I figured out what it was and treated it. I'm lucky it didn't get bad and one treatment knocked it out for weeks. Sadly it's back again but thankfully I have plenty of products to treat it. Thankfully if I have to treat a hiccup, I'd rather it be some PM vs. some of these nasty bugs I read about here.

Phylex

Phylex

From my research and experience, large humidity swings can also foster WPM. So even if your RH is low during lights on, lights off may climb very high without adequate ventilation. The big swing in a 24 hour period is what gets ya. As far as getting rid of it. I had good success with SNS 244. It’s made of 100% pure Thyme botanical extracts. Spray at lights out to avoid leaf burn. I hit my plants at the first sign of WPM and it took care of the problem after only one application.
In my particular situation I didn't have any RH swings overnight. I was actually running the lights at night, 8pm-2pm. I couldn't get the RH up for the life of me at the time. My ventilation was good with very strong negative pressure inside of the tent. It was very strange because I didn't think PM would even be a possibility. But there it was.

I'm also in no way arguing or discrediting anything you've mention. I would agree with your statements as well. I'm just sharing my experience with PM from this current run I'm on.

My RH has since been between 45-65% with no more than a 10% change over a 24hr period. (It's been weather dependent which range I'm in.) But the PM has returned while in these ranges. My second treatment was last night and it looks to be gone, but I'll continue with a weekly preventative moving forward.

SinCity

SinCity

Yes, Powdery Mildew spreads in arid areas and fruits in humid areas.

Ok, as I slowly but oh so fucking surely return to rooms, I ponder the extraordinary advances that have been made since I’ve been inside...
So, gavitas—let’s talk about gavitas. Setting the more accurate calculation of lumens aside for the moment, is it accurate that folks are getting roughly 2 elbows per 1000 watts? That would be twice what us dinosaurs were yielding per 1000 watts...

Latest posts

Top Bottom