Wtf Are These?

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

When u get nanners they can pollinate straight away, it's the Stamen, I thinks that's what it's called, it's what would be in the pollen sac, normally you'd have to wait for the pollen sac to open before the Stamen is exposed and able to pollinate but with nanners it doesn't have to wait for the sac to open. I would cut that now, your bud don't look like its got far to go anyway and just pull the nanners out because it ain't a good look in the bud

Last edited:
P

PassTheJ

I'm at 9 weeks 4 days. Will be harvesting tomorrow. Plucked the ones I could see. I'll try to get more of them while trimming..

They're empty and easy to pull out. Other then aesthetic properties, do nanners effect taste?

London bud

London bud

Not that I noticed but I just had a few late in flower, it wernt a problem. I super cropped in flower and i think that's what caused itI.
I think maybe if a plant got nanners at 4 or 5 weeks in flower and they were allowed to develop theyll definetely effect taste, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure nanners will when left alone pollinate the bud leading to less potentcy and potentially feminized seeds?

P

PassTheJ

I supercrop at 3 weeks. Is there a cut off for cloning in flower? Could I do it at 8 weeks? I read you have to run the clone under 247 light to revert it back to veg for around the same time the clone was in flower state.. would that still be true for a clone taken at 8 weeks?

London bud

London bud

I had to supercrop late cos of size n space, had to be done.
I'm growing a couple of clones now that were taken 2weeks in flower and have them under 24hr light, I think clones taken in late flower might be more difficult

Fangthane

Fangthane

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure nanners will when left alone pollinate the bud leading to less potentcy and potentially feminized seeds?
Would a "nanner" on one bud effect the entire plant, or would any impact be more localized to just fucking up the actual bud that contains the nanners? If it's just a localized thing, seems like that may be a good way of getting some decent seeds without messing up the entire plant?

W

WesleySnipes

I supercrop at 3 weeks. Is there a cut off for cloning in flower? Could I do it at 8 weeks? I read you have to run the clone under 247 light to revert it back to veg for around the same time the clone was in flower state.. would that still be true for a clone taken at 8 weeks?
Absolutely, it will root about the same time as normal clone, but at week 8 of flower expect at least 4 weeks before new growth starts to show. When new growth does start, leaves will often be deformed and spiralled and grow wrapped around the shoot trapping the shoots inside. Its best to carefully "unwrap" and remove the leaves that are restricting the shoots. Also 1 blade leafs are common during the reveg process and once it grows out of it and begins growing 5 and 7 blade leaves remove the single blades. After the reveg is complete, remove all signs of deformed growth. Definately not optimal but definately necessary in order to prevent loosing a keeper.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Depending on the strain, taking clones while in flower doesn't always work. I had a straight Sativa that a buddy took a ton of cuttings from. He is pretty experienced in it but of all the cuttings he took, all withered and died. For some reason, I have seen some Sativa's that can't be re-vegged...they lose all of their leaves and die, Evrry other strain I tried I had luck with re-vegging or cloning, but for some reason, some Sativa's just won't do it. Maybe they flowered too long?

P

PassTheJ

I use a clone machine and have made over 50 clones with 100% success. I always supercrop around week 3.

The reason I asked, it's hard to tell which plant will provide the most trichs until well after week 3 and everytime I have a hard time figuring out which is the best plant to clone.

If I wait till week 7, then there would be no question to which is best to clone but I didnt know if you can clone that far down..

Rather lose a few weeks revegging knowing it's the best one.. I want to wait till week 7 for example and then make a mother plant for the future.

NJPBG

NJPBG

Would a "nanner" on one bud effect the entire plant, or would any impact be more localized to just fucking up the actual bud that contains the nanners? If it's just a localized thing, seems like that may be a good way of getting some decent seeds without messing up the entire plant?

The pollen can travel to any part of the plant or others. And I wouldn’t recommend using any seeds from a hermie plant. The way breeders make feminized seeds is by taking two stable female clones/ plants and intentionally herming out one of them to pollinate the other. And only using the seeds from the pollinated plant not the self pollinated plant. If you use seeds from a natural hermie plant or from the plant you made herm the likeliness of its offspring also being a herm is much higher.

I didn’t see the OPs entire plant, so I can’t say if the nanners are due to stress or genetics. But if the plant looks healthy and no major stress has been done, major defoliaton, light leaks, nute burn, heat stress etc. it’s very likely he just has a hermie prone plant.

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
nanners can effect a whole grow if they are around long enough - much better to find them at the end of the run than at the middle - much better to not find them at all
not a good way to make good seeds - you are genetically reinforcing a hermaphrodite characteristic

P

PassTheJ

I'm not stressing it. They appeared a week before harvest and I plucked most of them out. The bud looks healthy and yummy. Aesthetically nanners look horrible but I dont think itll change anything in my case.

I forgot to turn on the heater 2 nights in a row and temps dropped to 55 in the room. A couple days later... Nanners.

NJPBG

NJPBG

I'm not stressing it. They appeared a week before harvest and I plucked most of them out. The bud looks healthy and yummy. Aesthetically nanners look horrible but I dont think itll change anything in my case.

I forgot to turn on the heater 2 nights in a row and temps dropped to 55 in the room. A couple days later... Nanners.

The cold nights were the stress, glad they still look good. Enjoy!

Top Bottom