Wtf Is Going On Here? In

• Thread starter vagiboy1987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vagiboy1987

I have some plants 4 in this case growing same strain, same soil, same light everything in identical conditions... Here's the issue. One of these plants is growing normally, the other 3 of this variety are short squat and have closely held leaves. Ive grown for years and never seen this happen is this just a mutation or what plants are otherwise fine and healthy.

biffidum

biffidum

Just in case, have you looked at the soil below the pot line to see if there are root aphids or something else affecting roots?

V

vagiboy1987

I check soil for pest regularly I haven't seen anything.

V

vagiboy1987

I spend about an hour a day with my plants looking them over, feeding watering pruning etc. They get a lot of attention. I usually spot a problem very early on. I'm assuming its just a pheno issue but ive never seen it before. 3 leaves on the plants with intermittent 5 leaves. One is tall and very good looking but the others are short about 5 inches tall and very bushy. It would be great for a scrog setup because they grow out and have an even canopy. But the leaves grow close think of the one tall one as a splyed out hand and the others as all fingers touching and crossing its the weirdest thing

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Hard to say with pics but it sounds like u just have some short slow growing phenoes.in my experience sometimes those slow smaller phenoes give the dankest nugs .

biffidum

biffidum

I'll go with mutation... i've seen phosphorus deficiency make plants go squat, but they look nasty, not healthy and squat.

V

vagiboy1987

These are definitely healthy plants they look fabulous aside from the random squat and 3 leaves. Its almost as if they were bred to be used for a scrog. They grew up to about 5-6" tall then just started growing outward. Think like a bonsai tree vs say a Christmas tree. Totally different growth habits in those 3. Even the tall one has some sets of 3 leaves but are slayed out not close together. I thought maybe ruderalis genetics making it auto flower but my autos have nothing in common with these aside from obviously cannabis. I tried putting them under the lights to open up I tried moving them to less light to stretch a little and nothing has any effect they just grow outward instead of up.

V

vagiboy1987

I think I'm going to clone the best of the 3 before I send them to flower to keep them in case they have high yield or dank bud as a precaution so I don't lose them. Ive just never seen a strain like this hellaciouse growth but out not up, no topping required. If they yield high and smoke good I might keep the strain going and see what becomes of it. I could plant them outside and you stand 3 ft from them and never guess they were pot. They smell already too very strong for as young as they are. If they stay small I might plant some out as a guerrilla grow in my flower bed next year hell why not.

V

vagiboy1987

Its like what I strive to get in an indoor grow as far as growth habit and nice even canopy but less work. I may have stumbled across a damn lucky pheno who knows

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you didnt buy chance sex them and then reveg did ya,them 3 finger leaves will be all over them plants this way,bright side is you aint smoking the leaves hahah,most dont anyway,i wouldnt complain about them and hell ya throw um outside see what gives

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Its like what I strive to get in an indoor grow as far as growth habit and nice even canopy but less work. I may have stumbled across a damn lucky pheno who knows
sounds like the perfect strain to grow in a tent were you dont have any head room,lol then you can throw that 1k light up and getrdone

V

vagiboy1987

you didnt buy chance sex them and then reveg did ya,them 3 finger leaves will be all over them plants this way,bright side is you aint smoking the leaves hahah,most dont anyway,i wouldnt complain about them and hell ya throw um outside see what gives
No planted straight from seed out of a bag of bud all 4 seeds came from the same bud.

V

vagiboy1987

1K light hell ive got 2 1200 Watt full spec LEDs in that bitch lol. Gonna add more. Planted in Air pots in peat, sand, composted manure and supp with worm castings, blood and bone meal, acidifier, and fish emulsion. Temp stays at around 73-76° foot em on 24/7 daytime because my autos in with them. My tent is Secret Jardin 280 continuous.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

1K light hell ive got 2 1200 Watt full spec LEDs in that bitch lol. Gonna add more. Planted in Air pots in peat, sand, composted manure and supp with worm castings, blood and bone meal, acidifier, and fish emulsion. Temp stays at around 73-76° foot em on 24/7 daytime because my autos in with them. My tent is Secret Jardin 280 continuous.
hell i couldnt work under that much light,lmao have me dizzy,im running leds right now and them bitchs even make me dizzy lol

V

vagiboy1987

Come outta my tent seeing green lol. I use tons of light because I grow my girls big AF. 3 gal to 5 then to 10 if they keep up.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
your saying you use a SJ 280 correct? Are you using the division to flower and veg in same tent? If so run a
I have some plants 4 in this case growing same strain, same soil, same light everything in identical conditions... Here's the issue. One of these plants is growing normally, the other 3 of this variety are short squat and have closely held leaves. Ive grown for years and never seen this happen is this just a mutation or what plants are otherwise fine and healthy.
Need more info, at what stages are the "said plants" in? Veg or bloom? Have you done a light leak test on that SJ 280 tent? Reason I ask is, if the plants your talking about are in flower mode and you are also vegging plants in the other half of the tent you may have inhibited the flower cycle of the bloomers because maybe the tent has light leaks causing them to re veg and throw 3 fingers leaves.

Enquiring minds :smoking:

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Come outta my tent seeing green lol. I use tons of light because I grow my girls big AF. 3 gal to 5 then to 10 if they keep up.
Another grower that thinks it all about the amount of light. Oh my. You can actually provide too much light when it comes to captive plants and growing indoors bro.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Another grower that thinks it all about the amount of light. Oh my. You can actually provide too much light when it comes to captive plants and growing indoors bro.
all about the par and not lumens...….. lumens is for humans. par, ppf and ppfd is where its at. DLI drives your final yields when speaking about lighting alone. Grow skills, enviros, soil conditions, grow media and pest and control of pests with training of the plant also along with DLI sets the pace on final outcome.

https://fluence.science/science/par-ppf-ppfd-dli/

Top Bottom