Wtf Is Going On Here? In

• Thread starter vagiboy1987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vagiboy1987

Yes I know you can produce too much light in a tent but its rated 1200 watt I don't believe I'm actually getting that much. The plant are loving it and honestly I feel it needs to step up not stay the same as the way it shines on the canopy. As for flower my current setup is all in flower side BUT all are in veg right now none in flower. There's 19 plants in total at the moment I need the additional lights to spread the light over the entire area as it seems to be more focused light than spread out thats why the need for more lights. I can grow with my setup 24 plants in flower side at a time. I need them bigger and more spread out. If you take the 2400 total watts and divide it by square foot I'm looking at 75 watts per square foot of space. Not nearly too much as I'd like to be around 90-100. But given loss of light and if my actual is less than rated watts which it very well may I could only be popping 50 watts per square ft. Which isn't enough. Now take canopy in to consideration, I'm not looking at a flat plane but 3D I need cubic feet of light hence the extra power to reflect more light evenly throughout the canopy and reduce shading. Does that make sense?

V

vagiboy1987

Yes PAR light is what I'm referring to with loss of light from rated to actual. My lights are full spec grow lights but Id like to increase the usable spectrums hence more lights. Your right but I'm considering overall use able light and how the plants grow. I could keep my 2 1200s and be just fine but if I'm going for a denser wider canopy with lights that focus in a small area (say 5 plants) i d have larger plants under the light and smaller ones to the outside. I want it even. I do rotate as for now to prevent this but I order to not have to I need to have greater focused light potential so I have more even canopy.

V

vagiboy1987

Basically I'm not looking at light as power but as how its distributed per plant and per cubic foot. The lights decrease in effectiveness the farther away they are mine out of the "sweet spot" don't appear to give enough light over the entire setup. By adding more lights I get more even lighting over the entire canopy and increased efficiency where the lights cross beams. Less loss of light and power means fuller more even canopy.which leads to greater yields because the plants have enough throughout the setup not in just one or two spots. I also focus on soil and temperature. PH of water not so much as my water is well water and very close naturally to what I want but I do occasionally test it. As long as my girls are growing good I don't see the issue with more lights they seem to want it I can always take a light out or turn it off. I can't always just have an extra ready to buy at decent cost.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

What are they for leds? What’s the actual draw from the wall?

V

vagiboy1987

On a lighter note my girls are gaining about 2-3 inches of vertical growth per day ( aside from these 3 they grow out not up) with no signs of light stress or bleaching. That's gotta be good for something! They are happy AF and aren't complaining so I must be doing something right. 3/19 with odd growth first 3 ever to do that.

V

vagiboy1987

What are they for leds? What’s the actual draw from the wall?
They are actual full spectrum grow lights I can switch from veg to bloom currently on veg. I haven't taken a wall reading yet but I'm positive its not the full 1200. The plants also had a 4 ft CFL light in too but I didn't like it so I took it out. My girls seem to do better under the LED alone than combo

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

They are actual full spectrum grow lights I can switch from veg to bloom currently on veg. I haven't taken a wall reading yet but I'm positive its not the full 1200. The plants also had a 4 ft CFL light in too but I didn't like it so I took it out. My girls seem to do better under the LED alone than combo

What brand light is it?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

On a lighter note my girls are gaining about 2-3 inches of vertical growth per day ( aside from these 3 they grow out not up) with no signs of light stress or bleaching. That's gotta be good for something! They are happy AF and aren't complaining so I must be doing something right. 3/19 with odd growth first 3 ever to do that.
I have seen advertised 1200’s be as low as a couple hundred actual watts

V

vagiboy1987

I know it tells me to choose and say no apps can perform this function.

V

vagiboy1987

My research has concluded that it is two mutations in one I'm dealing with. One is common, strange leafing instead of the typical 7 leafs they produce only 3, not uncommon from seed but ive never encountered it myself, but its considered normal. The second is rare and its self topping, the plants send out a leaf instead of a growth node causing the plant to naturally top itself. I checked and sure enough all 3 mystery plants have done this so its a pheno thing. Having this is rare but having 3 in one grow from one bud is pretty special. I'm going to clone it and try to breed a clone with my LSD 25 to see what I can get. Now that o know its not a grow issue and is a pheno I'm kind of excited to see how this plays out.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You grew from seed, not clone? Correct. That's the issue there imo, and experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom